• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you've purchased, but haven't had the urge to play

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Bought Titanfall 2 for $12, but Destiny 2 came, goodbye to backlog for a long ass time TFall2

anddo0

I felt regret the moment I bought ak. I knew I was burned out on Batman, but it was like 8 bones. Played like 5 hours of it and never went back. City all over again (again) with tank gameplay hacked on top...yay

Lol same here..

To makes matters worse. I finished Origins just three weeks ago. It's safe to say I won't being playing Batman AK anytime soon.

The entire witcher franchise. I've had tw1 installed in various forms since probably 2009 or something and I have never finished anything outside of the prologue for tw1. I have bought both the witcher 2 & 3 at launch in the hopes of motivating myself to play them but nope. It's kind of funny but not really.

mikelarry

Horizon zero dawn.

I bought a UW monitor as my ps4 is on my desk next to my PC. but because my UW places black bars to the side when playing ps4 games on it I have just not bothered playing PS4 games any more

aravuus

Lots. But for big releases, UC: Lost Legacy. I think I bought it just to see how it looked like on my new TV lol. Bought it on release, booted it up, went "wWOOWW HDR looks great!" for 30 minutes, turned it off and haven't booted it up since.

I have about 40 physical and 30 digital PS4 games I haven’t started playing yet and that number gets bigger every month. I don’t count steam because that is basically just a place to collect games at this point to me.

Never ever look at my Steam Library and then look at hours played for each game. It's not quite as bad on console but still don't look there either. Turns out I like buying video games. Playing them? Eh.

pa22word

Splatoon 2.

I regret purchasing that... digitally even.

Kinda wish I went with ARMS.
One of the benefits of ninty physical is that the games always keep their value. I like the game, but I'm just not going to pay money to support Nintendo's ancient online architecture. Once free online ends I'm dumping the game.

Head.spawn

One of the benefits of ninty physical is that the games always keep their value. I like the game, but I'm just not going to pay money to support Nintendo's ancient online architecture. Once free online ends I'm dumping the game.

There were no games in stock at all the places I went to (3) when I got my Switch. I bit the bullet with that and Zelda.

Horizon Zero Dawn. Got it earlier in the year and played the first tutorial as kid Aloy. I saved after that and havent put it on since, and I have no idea why!

Horizon Zero Dawn. I dont know what it is about the game. Its fun and everything yet I dont be having any want to play it like that. And it kinds sucks to me because I really wanted to get into it. Its interesting that this game keeps coming up in this thread as well.

NinjaMouse

Gold Member
Final Fantasy XII Remastered - bought it on sale and a month or more later, it's still in the shrinkwrap. If it stays like that another month, I'll just sell it or something. No sense in having it lying around.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
My whole backlog: Mario Rabbids, Arkham Knight, The Witness, Fallout 4, Madden 18, Metro: Last Light, Oxenfree, Forza 6, Forza 5, Doom, Gears of War 4, Alan Wake, Forza Horizon 3, State of Decay, The Witcher 3, Rise of the Tombraider, Unraveled, Metal Gear V. I just basically grow my library at this point.

hbkdx12

Hitman and titanfall 2. I bought both games for around $20 bucks knowing I was getting more than enough value for my buck but I feel like I need to be an a certain mood to play these games and for whatever reason that mood hasn't come.

Tommi84

The Last Guardian Steelbook Edition

Still unsealed. I think I'll just leave it as a memento. When I buy PS4Pro or PS5 have backwards compatibility I'll buy regular edition super cheap and then play it. I'm not in a rush

rainy_day

Titanfall 2 and Doom.
Got both in sale played them for maybe an hour each. Haven't touched again.

O and guitar hero, don't like the new button layout.

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered: I did give it a good few hours when I first got it and enjoyed what I played, however I also got a bit confused and frustrated at times. I must be playing it wrong.

Got RE7 cuz it was really cheap and I probably wont touch it any time soon smh. Got Valkyria chronicles on a Steam sale but have had no urge to fire it up.

Shotpun

- Thief II: The Metal Age
- Thief: Deadly Shadows
- Unreal

Only three games that I can see. Pretty much bought the first three Thief games because they are classics (well, at least the first two are) and Unreal on a sudden whim. Did actually play the first Thief game but never finished it, the NPC models are pretty awful on dark engine and they bother me. I wish someone would give them the same treatment as System Shock 2 got with Rebirth mod. No idea will I ever try Unreal.

pretty much every GwG or PS+ game i've bothered to download. I've yet to play one long enough to beat (I have played one or two that I already owned before they turned up as 'freebies' so they don't really count).

I do at least try them out with only BF3 and Trials Fusion getting a second look recently.

as for major console releases. There was Mad Max last year and The Last Guardian this year (my mistake with the latter was getting after I played BotW).

Maximus P

Bought loads of games on steam. Played them for 20 minutes or planned to play them at another time and never played them again.

Some of the highest rated on my list are...

Sunless sea
Darkest Dungeon
Undertale
Southpark stick of truth
Downwell
Life is strange
And many tell tale games

I have Gravity Rush 2 sitting on my shelf still in the seal. Will probably sell it on.

Played half of Uncharted Lost Legacy and can't be bothered going on. Bored the life out of me.

I purchased a OLED Vita with Tearaway and Persona 4 Golden on an exploitable firmware to take advantage of expanded Playstation 1 compatibility and other homebrew.

It has been used less than an hour and I haven't even taken the charger out of the box.

Gaming is easy, but there isn't time to do it when neogaf and reddit exist.

XandBosch

Oh boy, two big ones on my PS4:

Witcher 3

Battlefield One.

I've opened Witcher 3, played for 10 minutes, and stopped playing it. Never opened Battlefield One.

Pikmin 3. Picked this up along with Persona 5 and just haven't finished P5 to really get the itch to play Pikmin. Doesn't help that I also picked up Metroid in the last week.

brawly

I don't buy games I don't plan to play immediately unless it's a PSN sale. One of those is Devil May Cry 4 SE. Bought it, booted it up, played for 10 minutes, noped out.

I've already play through it once and a year ago or so played through DMC3 (which I love), but I really hate playing with Nero.

And I wanted to quote all the Last Guardian mentions but there are too damn many. Disgusting.

Majin Boo

Nier Automata. Played it for a couple of hours and haven't touched it since, there is not even any specific reason for that, I just didn't have much fun. But I'm sure I will pick it up again and finish it at some point.

Zutrax

Digimon World: Next Order

I bought it because I have intense nostalgia for the first title. I booted it up once, got about an hour in and it felt way too intimidating and confusing. And once I got out into the open world it just felt too different and put me off. I'm sure I'll come back to it at some point, but I need to let it sit that this isn't the same game I knew and loved.

Top Bottom