• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gizmodo reviews $400 Tea machine. DRM tea cups and smart app via bluetooth.

Uzzy

"Maybe I LIKE the misery..."

If you want misery with your tea, there are cheaper ways.

t.png

Luigiv

That's 4€/£/$ for 100 bags which is do-able.

No, read danthefan's post again. He said 0.04c. 0.04c is $0.0004. $0.04 is 4c. If you were paying 0.04c per tea bag, that'd be 10,000 teabags for $4. Please tell me where you can find teabags that cheap. :p

azyless

No, read danthefan's post again. He said 0.04c. 0.04c is $0.0004. $0.04 is 4c. If you were paying 0.04c per tea bag, that'd be 10,000 teabags for $4. Please tell me where you can find teabags that cheap. :p
Oh, right lol. I imagine he meant 4 cents. Or he has the cheapest tea on Earth.

Kayant

It's amazing how much useless money is being thrown in the tech industry these days at products that shouldn't exist/are doomed to fail.

Nokterian

Another piece of shit..having all these smart devices, also when i make tea myself i have a fucking kettle to boil water and have my own tea in minutes. What a shitty future we are heading in.

Dryk

Legit question: What is up with this silicon valley tech types?

Why do they never seem to have someone on their team that just goes "this sounds like a bad idea, dude."
The funny thing is that juicer was apparently impeccably made

Engineer youtuber with a 40 minute breakdown https://youtu.be/_Cp-BGQfpHQ?t=857
I think the engineering teams are resigned to collecting their paychecks and having fun over-designing the products for shits and giggles. If my manager was stupid enough to throw that much money at me then I'd probably go along with it too.

Top Bottom