• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bernie and Jane Sanders, under FBI investigation for bank fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
giphy.gif

kirblar

I remember reading some people stating that, had Bernie become the Democrat nominee, the oppo (opposition research) would've buried him during the campaign. I wonder if they were referring to this (as well).
The "Sanders' wife got a suspiciously large loan and used it to bankrupt a college" part we were aware of. The nepotism issue / the woodworking college only came out this year.

First heard about this allegation about a year and a half ago. Have no idea why it took this long for it to even come to an investigation. It must not be much or there is something else going on behind the scenes.

Effect

Maybe this will get Bernie to shut the hell up and stop the media from bringing him on to talk about what the Dems should do when he refuses to be apart of the actual party itself. Question his ass in regard to this now.

I remember this coming up in the primary and people were refusing to even discuss it because of "emails". Maybe now this can be covered.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I remember reading some people stating that, had Bernie become the Democrat nominee, the oppo (opposition research) would've buried him during the campaign. I wonder if they were referring to this (as well).

There's always dirt to be dug up somewhere, even if its taken out of context and inflated for political purposes. For Hillary, Benghazi and the email server fake controversy was one of those false flags.

The question is really the response to said attacks than anything else.

Jenov

Oh damn, I remember hearing about this during the primaries but it never got much attention after Bernie lost. It sounded pretty bad at the time. Interesting to see that there's enough there that the FBI is investigating. I like Bernie a lot, so I hope he comes out clean, but I won't cry foul if they actually find wrongdoing here.

When people claim that Bernie would have glided to victory the GE without a shadow of a doubt, it’s taking into account a GE process with that never occurred with Bernie as the nominee. Had he won the primary this undoubtedly would have been made an issue by Republicans.

This is not to say I think Bernie would have lost the GE, but he wouldn’t have been guaranteed a smooth campaign into the White House.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Trump will say this shows the FBI is full of Hillarystans.

Brakke

Banned
If he had gotten the nomination this wpuld have likely been a major issue during the campaign.

Kinda hard to imagine anyone being seriously concerned about Bernie maybe being kind of involved in one shady loan considering the guy he was up against.

But then, Donald supporters are nothing if not hypocrites.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Bernie being bust for operating just like wall street would be hilarious
It's sick, but I'd love it. With audio from inside his bus of him complaining about his supporters smelling like 30 year old birkenstocks and liberally applied old spice 😭😭😭

What a day that would be

kirblar

Why is Bernie under investigation for a university's institutional loan?
Loan was unusually large given the amount of collateral the college had, it was so big that it bankrupted the institution when they couldn't pay it back, making people suspicious of why it was approved.

After the loan was approved, the college started paying a local woodworking school owned by the Sanders' daughter via the school as part of a partnership w/ it.

There's stuff here that legit doesn't look good, regardless of legality.

Unlike Trumpkins who before beddyby time light a candle under a picture of trump, take a floppy replica dildo and shove it down their throat till they gag and then scream FAKE NEWS as the nightly ritual, im willing to accept Bernie being found guilty if evidence plays out. Ill be disappointed but ok.
Pretty much this. Hopefully it turns out nothing really haappened, but if something definitely did, I would be very disappointed in Bernie.

Would still vote for him tho if no Elizabeth Warren.

JordanN

Banned
If he had gotten the nomination this wpuld have likely been a major issue during the campaign.

Trump is under investigation right now and he's President.

America showed last year they don't care about this stuff. They only wanted the person who could shout the loudest.

I was actually surprised none of Jane's Burlington College stuff came up during the campaign. There was a decent amount there that could've gotten nasty and tbh some of did did seems shady.

Nevertheless, probably best to wait the investigation out.

Also, fraud.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Maybe this will get Bernie to shut the hell up and stop the media from bringing him on to talk about what the Dems should do when he refuses to be apart of the actual party itself. Question his ass in regard to this now.

I remember this coming up in the primary and people were refusing to even discuss it because of "emails". Maybe now this can be covered.

I want to disagree here.

I don't really think an investigation with no real proof should stop Bernie from speaking about what he feels the political parties should do to gain back the trust of the American people.

You don't have to be a democrat to criticize them, just like you don't need to be a Republican to criticize them. There are more people in America without an affiliated political party attached to their name than ever, and those are the people you need to convince.

If dems are so insistent on bringing him into the party and making him the mascot through unity tours and such, they should also be listening to what he, and other progressives are saying about them and take that into consideration.

And not through empty party platforms either.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Bernie probably wasn't "the guy". For this reason alongside others. At this point all I want is for us to be able to say that honestly

I was actually surprised none of Jane's Burlington College stuff came up during the campaign. There was a decent amount there that could've gotten nasty and tbh some of did did seems shady.

Nevertheless, probably best to wait the investigation out.

Also, fraud.

Bernie ran against nice Hillary. Hillary 2008 would have torn him the fuck apart. She only refrained because of her own baggage this time.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
The trump link is suspect but if this is true I hope he faces whatever reasonable consequences there are for such behavior.

royalan

Quelle surprise.

Anybody paying attention to the primary is not stunned right now.

Maybe now he'll get off his high horse and be quiet for a few days.

We have heard about this during the election actually, but being under investigation by the FBI is new though. The past elections were definitely ironic. All the big figures that ran had dirt on them and were under the investigation at some point before the general election. It's really quiet sad.

Pretty sure there was a republican playbook that said if Bernie did when the primary this was one of the things they were going to attack him on.

Trump is under investigation right now and he's President.

Republicans vote for anyone with the R next to their name and they're reliable voters. They fall in line.

We cannot in good faith say the same for democrats.

We have heard about this during the election actually, but being under investigation by the FBI is new though. The past elections were definitely ironic. All the big figures that ran had dirt on them and were under the investigation at some point before the general election. It's really quiet sad.

No, corruption and scandal in politics are quite normal (within reason; Trump's treasonous bullshit belongs to a whole other category). Bernie was the one who sanctimoniously presented himself as some squeaky clean unicorn outsider.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
I'm sure Neogaf, a site filled with members who have completely unbiased opinions of the Sanders', will respond to this story fairly and not at all in a knee-jerky way.

I supported Sanders. But if he did anything wrong, it needs to be investigated as much as anything else. Justice is more important than how I feel about his stances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom