• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charles Dance should have won an Emmy for his Game of Thrones role

blakep267

My fav scenes in all of Game of Thrones. I never knew my grandfathers. As diabolical as he is, I loved how he treated Arya. My mom, who watches the show as well told me her father was ruthless, but kind like Tywin. Wish I had known him. That's why the scenes with Arya are extra special to me.
YEah. It makes you kinda respect tywin. He's an evil guy but he's not crazy evil or a savage like euron of Joffrey . He respected arya because she was learned and did her job well and reminded him of cersei.

Jumeira

Banned
Tywin simply blew everyone away with his delivery and dialogue, just superb.

He commanded every scene with authority and genius, even King Geoffrey lowered his gaze with Tywin around.

Edit: Olena was also magnificent, what a team they'd both had made of they were given more screen time.

Darth Giggity

Neo Member
giphy.gif

ryseing

The casting folks basically called every British character actor and asked them if they wanted a part, and the results were stupendous. Dance, Jonathan Pryce, the list goes on. Watching those folks strut their stuff was such a joy.

burgervan

I'll never understand why Peter Dinklage gets so much praise for hamming it up while consistently great actors like Charles Dance, Alfie Allen, Michelle Fairley, Conleth Hill, Liam Cunningham, Rory McCann, Lena Headey, and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau give nuanced, subtle, yet compelling performances every time out.

Not trying to shit on Dinklage completely. He's usually good, but he definitely goes over the top sometimes(the trial) and his accent has been terrible since day one.

Top Bottom