• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think what HeroR points out is annoying but I think it's unfair to call that "Gohan's fanbase". I've only ever come across the "Gohan was a crybaby" sentiment a few times, and yes I think that is asinine. I doubt that mindset takes up more than a small fraction of the fanbase.

Morlas

at least slaythe will always have this

tumblr_ouar3jACjL1r2hy3ro2_540.gif

The 3v3 stuff, assist stuff, and comments from the director (?) about balance kinda turns me off a bit from that game. I want to try the beta but I dont see myself rushing to buy it at this point.

HeroR

I've enjoyed him since his introduction as well.

I don't think it's really fair to generalize any particular fanbase for a character... in Gohan's case there's just so many facets to find interesting.

I said 'a lot', not all fans. And it appears to me that Goku specifically has a lot of fair-weather fans who only liked him in certain moments.

I do think what HeroR points out is annoying but I think it's unfair to call that "Gohan's fanbase". I've only ever come across the "Gohan was a crybaby" sentiment a few times, and yes I think that is asinine. I doubt that mindset takes up more than a small fraction of the fanbase.

The term I should've used is 'fair-weather fans' or the fan who only like 'badass Gohan'.

caliph95

17 will beat Jiren when Jiren starts talking about how he hates animals, and how he can't wait for U7's animals to be erased.
17 is a powerful Android with infinite stamina sure

But Jiren is really strong though and...。。。。really strong

caliph95

But he's invincible

Lol I've been wondering if they'll care or not. I mean, technically they should, but I dunno, it is just a fighting game after all.

Then again, that same logic of "caring" could apply to Beerus, and I wouldn't want that...
And..。。....

Technically Beerus and Whis should be invincible and in injustice guys like Super and Wonder can beat half the

It's a fighting game who cares

really don't care for Zamasu to get his own slot, his main gimmick can hardly be used in a fighting game and all he has after that is that little ki blade which pales compared to Black's. Black w/ Zamasu and Merged Zamasu are fine for me.

LotusHD

Banned
I mean does it matter if he's invincible? Your canon isn't as important as the game.

It doesn't, it's just that that is his main gimmick which would (Or at least should) matter very little in a fighting game, since Black is a better version of him in every way moveset-wise, while M. Zamasu exists if people are super insistent on not having another character that looks like Goku, while also being the final villain/having an impressive moveset.

HardRojo

If Zamasu somehow makes it in as his own character, I'm sure they would find a way to use his invincibility as a mechanic, 16 has got a self-destruct super after all, so maybe Zamasu could have a limited use healing super that acts covers that trait (he yells "I am immortal!"), but gets knocked out just like the rest of the roster.

naw they just want cool characters
Does Dragon Ball FighterZ take a character’s power level into account? For example, could Yamcha actually beat Goku in this game?

We’re trying to balance that out with the 3v3 aspect. There may be characters that are better at assisting or supporting than fighting. It could destroy the image of Dragon Ball if, for example, a weak character could destroy Goku. Thanks to the 3v3 feature we can balance that out with the Dragon Ball universe

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/2...g-game-character-variety/#0I3hOidkhMddRi4w.99

Daingurse

But Jiren is really strong though and...。。。。really, really strong

FFTY

That's pretty much all we got from Jiren so far lol. Can't wait for him cut lose. Hit is probably done for because he actually made Jiren show an emotion, slight irritation!

Magypsy

And yet Krillin can beat characters far stronger than him.

Exactly. The game would be terribly unbalanced if they'd adhere to power levels.

Like in any fighting game a trash character can beat a top tier character if the skills of the players allow for that.

That comment definitely makes me wary of balance aspects.

Trash characters in fighting games are usually trash because the balancing unintentionally made them trash (barring joke characters, of course). Not because the character was weaker in the lore or whatever. Balancing a game is very hard, very careful work.

daveo42

Banned

But Jiren is really strong though and...。。。。really strong

Hopefully he has something more than that, but I could see him just being really really strong or w/e. Hit was pretty awesome with the timeskip. Jiren just being real strong would be real disappointing.

NEO0MJ

I mean does it matter if he's invincible? Your canon isn't as important as the game.

Yeah. Just pull a Slayer/Rachel and have it seem like Beerus or Zamasu got bored of the fight and decided to just sit it out.

Hopefully he has something more than that, but I could see him just being really really strong or w/e. Hit was pretty awesome with the timeskip. Jiren just being real strong would be real disappointing.

His eyes can come out of their sockets and chase down opponents.

And yet Krillin can beat characters far stronger than him.

That comment was more in line with characters such as Videl, Satan, Chi-Chi, Bulma on a mech and such. For instance In order for Videl to work she would need a saiyaman Gohan to be intergrated into her moveset otherwise she would be zoned out. That was my take on it, they are trying to be a faithful as possible as they can to the source material.

18 doesn't need 17 in her moveset granted it seems they took history of trunks special as inspiration.

Rutger

Banned
Goku Black w/ Zamasu as an assist character would be a pretty neat thing. And then just have Merged Zamasu as the final boss

Whatever the final boss is, it's a very safe bet that it will be a playable character.
Unless the story mode is completely cinematic like Guilty Gear's.

Gohan is a very overrated character with the most annoying fanbase next to Vegeta. They're like the middle age people who keep trying to received their 'glory days'. In the case of Gohan, it's the Cell Games and Ultimate Gohan, and mourning how he never became the main character to replaced Goku because Toriyama changed his mind.

I would argue the only time Gohan shined was during the Cell Saga, cause his ultimate form was short lived ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The vegeta fanbase is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom