• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SF BayGaf

I live in Walnut Creek and the air is really bad. Really strong smoke smell, and it's hazy. I'm surprised the city is only yellow on that quality map, I work in the Financial District and it's the same way.

Hopefully it's not like this for long, I felt like shit all day today. Raw throat, headache, just sort of out of it. Don't mean to complain when there's people who were actually affected by the fire, but I heard a firefighter on the news claim that it could be a week or longer to get the fires completely under control, and I hope the air isn't like this for that long. I have a friend who lives near Pittsburg whose kids' school is closed tomorrow and potentially Friday because of the air quality.

I live in Walnut Creek and the air is really bad. Really strong smoke smell, and it's hazy. I'm surprised the city is only yellow on that quality map, I work in the Financial District and it's the same way.

Hopefully it's not like this for long, I felt like shit all day today. Raw throat, headache, just sort of out of it. Don't mean to complain when there's people who were actually affected by the fire, but I heard a firefighter on the news claim that it could be a week or longer to get the fires completely under control, and I hope the air isn't like this for that long. I have a friend who lives near Pittsburg whose kids' school is closed tomorrow and potentially Friday because of the air quality.

Get an n100 mask from Home Depot if the air is affecting you, it makes a huge difference

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Depends on the wind. It started to shift and head south for a good portion of today to even right now, so things will get worse for you all in the East Bay the next day or two.

I posted this in the wildfire thread, the current fire map:

CrQW8Of.png

yayaba

Air quality today is terrible on the peninsula. Walked out my door today and instead got taken aback at how much worse it is today. The haze has also gotten worse.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Air quality today is terrible on the peninsula. Walked out my door today and instead got taken aback at how much worse it is today. The haze has also gotten worse.
I'm seeing ash falling too. Anytime I have to go outside today I'm wearing my mask.

see5harp

Anybody trying to get cheap tickets to the warriors game tomorrow? 7 rows up. Tickets were $500 which is absolutely absurd but my friend would take half that.

broz0rs

Santa Clara county elementary schools have cancelled recess until the air quality improves. It's crazy how bad the air is considering Santa Clara is about a 100 miles away from Napa.

Damn that sucks. Amazon same day delivery?

I have some getting here Monday, seems many brands are already sold out on Amazon. Also ordered an air purifier that will be here Saturday.

Debating not going to work tomorrow, I feel lame calling out when I'm not directly affected by the fires but the BART ride from Walnut Creek into the city has been rough the last few days.

GamerJM

Banned
Santa Clara county elementary schools have cancelled recess until the air quality improves. It's crazy how bad the air is considering Santa Clara is about a 100 miles away from Napa.

University closed the outside rec center and my sister's high school might not have their Homecoming football game.

We've tried planning a drive, but many had scheduling conflicts. If anyone is interested in an awesome Cars n Coffee, Canepa (in Scotts Valley) is having their end of the year one tomorrow. It's situated off of Highway 17 with access to great driving roads near Hwy 9/84.

For those who don't know, Canepa is one of the most insane restoration/museum/historical car shops. They were also the ones to federalize Porsche 959's. There's always something ridiculously crazy to see there. A lot more civilized than the Blackhawk Museum Cars n Coffee and a lot more quality/quirky cars.

Canepa Cars n Coffee info

We've tried planning a drive, but many had scheduling conflicts. If anyone is interested in an awesome Cars n Coffee, Canepa (in Scotts Valley) is having their end of the year one tomorrow. It's situated off of Highway 17 with access to great driving roads near Hwy 9/84.

For those who don't know, Canepa is one of the most insane restoration/museum/historical car shops. They were also the ones to federalize Porsche 959's. There's always something ridiculously crazy to see there. A lot more civilized than the Blackhawk Museum Cars n Coffee and a lot more quality/quirky cars.

Canepa Cars n Coffee info

Fuuuuck. I might go

I'm actually going tomorrow. I totally forgot to let NeoGaf's Autothread or SF Bay Area thread know. I've been to Canepa several times and I love it way more than Blackhawk Museum. It's sad not many more people know about this place.

Not sure what cars people are bringing tomorrow for show, but the museum itself rotates out several amazing cars from all eras featuring MG, Benz, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, BMW, Honda, Toyota, Nissan, etc.

SFO isn't really around anything, it's not technically in the city proper. You'll travel through SF on the way to Benicia though. Best places to eat late are burrito spots in the mission

El_Chino

SFO isn't really around anything, it's not technically in the city proper. You'll travel through SF on the way to Benicia though. Best places to eat late are burrito spots in the mission

When you're in Benicia, check out this little shop, they're only open a few hours a day though:

https://www.facebook.com/The-Workshop-357407911026858/menu/

Also check out nearby Napa for more good eats. They need the business after the recent fire mess.
I appreciate the suggestions!

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Anything around SFO but I'll be heading to Benicia.

Yeah I worked at SFO for 2 and a half years. There's nothing there and the food in the airport kinda sucks...unless you have llike an 8 hour layover, you're not going to get to sample SF grub :/

That is unless its a Thursday around noon.

M52B28

Banned
Yeah I worked at SFO for 2 and a half years. There's nothing there and the food in the airport kinda sucks...unless you have llike an 8 hour layover, you're not going to get to sample SF grub :/

Yup, the airport is terrible in terms of food experience.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

There's a few places that are actually decent in San Bruno. I'm not sure what's open late though, and there are better options if you're willing to travel farther out.

M52B28

Banned
There's a few places that are actually decent in San Bruno. I'm not sure what's open late though, and there are better options if you're willing to travel farther out.
Yeah, San Bruno would be the best bet for places nearby the airlort. There's a taco truck there that sits on El Camino Real and has some really good Mexican food. Me and my Mexican friend used to go there and he vouched for it all the time.

There's also a nice doughnut shop on San Bruno Avenue called Rolling Pin Donuts and a Mexican food place called Araujo's. Mediocre by the standards set by other restaurants, but still good. Those two places are open 24/7.

An Uber or Lyft can get you to San Bruno Avenue from SFO in 10-15 minutes and will cost $12 or less.

v1lla21

There's also a nice doughnut shop on San Bruno Avenue called Rolling Pin Donuts and a Mexican food place called Araujo's. Mediocre by the standards set by other restaurants, but still good. Those two places are open 24/7.
I wonder if that Araujos is owned by the same people that own the Araujo’s in San Jose. The salsas there are pretty good and so is the food. They share the same last name as some of my family so my cousins always go in there telling them the owner is their uncle so they can get free food. Lol.

Top Bottom