• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Nen users live much longer than average folk, I'm not to worried about Kurapika.

Most Nen users are also not burning their very life energy to power their abilities. Between York New City and the short time on the boat Kurapika has probably shaved like 10 years off his life.

Or Zoldyk

Besides both of them were master nen users and hunters have a short life expectancy
Zeno ain't stupid though. He's not going to fuck up his life for revenge, I think he'd rather just drink tea. You don't see him on some vengeance quest against the remaining Chimera Ants because Netero died.

caliph95

Zeno ain't stupid though. He's not going to fuck up his life for revenge, I think he'd rather just drink tea. You don't see him on some vengeance quest against the remaining Chimera Ants because Netero died.
There's also his grandfather who is still alive or is it his dad

Zeno doesn't get involved in situations unless he's paid to or as a favor

There's also his grandfather who is still alive or is it his dad

Zeno doesn't get involved in situations unless he's paid to or as a favor
Isn't Maha even older than Netero...like way older? Netero and Zeno are probably close in age, Maha has always been a geezer.
out of a potential 120? He'll be ight.
Kurapika doesn't strike me as a person that's going to live a long life. Whether Emperor Time shaves off his life span or not.

caliph95

Isn't Maha even older than Netero...like way older? Netero and Zeno are probably close in age, Maha has always been a geezer.

Killua doesn't strike me as a person that's going to live a long life. Whether Emperor Time shaves off his life span or not.
If I remember wasn't Netero still a professional Or old While Zeno was a baby

HStallion

If I remember wasn't Netero still a professional Or old While Zeno was a baby

Zeno says that Netero was already an old man when he was just a baby and we get a quick shot of a "younger" Netero looking into baby Zeno's crib.

Zeno says that Netero was already an old man when he was just a baby and we get a quick shot of a "younger" Netero looking into baby Zeno's crib.
Holy fucking shit how old was Netero and how old is Maha for that matter? Now I want a spin off manga of Netero and Zeno becoming friends and doing Hunter shit together.

Mael

We do know that Zigg Zoldyck was competent to go with Linnet and Netero to the Dark Continent.
It's probably a good reason why Maha would want to kill Netero if you ask me.
It's speculated that Zigg is Maha's son but for all we know he's just Netero's Killua as in an heir apparent and he died on the Dark Continent or something.
He looks nothing like Zeno's father from what we know too.

Lulubop

Maha shouldn't be too strong, even Netero regressed since his prime but he was actually still active. Maha not so much. Zeno says Netero survived an encounter with Maha, and was the only person to but that can imply a lot. Maha was said to be 98 in a data book but that was before he was retconned to being Zeno's grandpa and not father. He should be older, with Zygg being 98.

Btw I'm pretty sure Beyond is as old as Zeno. Those Netero genes tho.

Daingurse

Man, those spoilers must be pretty grim for my man Kurapika :(

Togashi is really driving home the fact that revenge is fruitless. Kurapika just can't suffer enough it seems . . .

Man, those spoilers must be pretty grim for my man Kurapika :(

Togashi is really driving home the fact that revenge is fruitless. Kurapika just can't suffer enough it seems . . .

I think the real point is to contrast and compare, these two things:
1. the actual situation, where he has lost 5 years of life and have extenuated himself greatly with the risk it has in this situation surrounded by enemies, all because he is using a borrowed nen power.
2. Him befriending or manipulating (or coaxing or threatening or using bribery) somehow the nen user of this ability, and obtaining the same recon info he has now, except without having to use Emperor Time and without losing these amount of years of his lifespan, just with the real owner of the ability using it normally.

Clearly number 2 is much more optimal, and it shows he shouldn't try to do everything alone and take support of friends.

kirblar

I think the real point is to contrast and compare, these two things:
1. the actual situation, where he has lost 5 years of life and have extenuated himself greatly with the risk it has in this situation surrounded by enemies, all because he is using a borrowed nen power.
2. Him befriending or manipulating (or coaxing or threatening or using bribery) somehow the nen user of this ability, and obtaining the same recon info he has now, except without having to use Emperor Time and without losing these amount of years of his lifespan, just with the real owner of the ability using it normally.

Clearly number 2 is much more optimal, and it shows he shouldn't try to do everything alone and take support of friends.
Yeah, it's literally the exact same lesson Gon didn't learn.

HStallion

Netero did his whole praying punching thing in his 40's so theoretically Netero could have been like 50ish when he saw baby Zeno which would still put Zeno in his late 60's or early 70's.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
And it's going to end the same way, just Kurapika won't get saved by Leorio, Melody or the Association.

I dunno about that. What's going on with him matches up too well with an item on the Dark Continent. I think he winds up like Gon, and Leorio and Melody have to race to save him by getting said item on the DC before he gives out.

HStallion

I love the first page of this chapter with the zoom out from the "smaller" ship to the huge whale ship and then zooming out again to make that tiny and insignificant. Togashi still has it.

Also I suspect shit has gone down while Kurapika was passed out that we haven't heard about yet.

RR30

That page of the cockroach in the vent with the nen beast is nightmare fuel.

Kurapika not gonna make it off the boat at this rate.

Akainu

Kurapika ain't gonna last long.
I love the first page of this chapter with the zoom out from the "smaller" ship to the huge whale ship and then zooming out again to make that tiny and insignificant. Togashi still has it.

Not just that it's all on a glorified giant lake.

HStallion

So the Prince's Nen Beast can phase through physical matter? Terrorsandwich's creepy stitched up horse woman thing just kind of appeared in the vent system.

woopWOOP

Kurapika will probably find a way out of this arc alive

but he's gonna end up looking something like Knov or Welfin before he does

Top Bottom