• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: Nintendo Switch to get Pokémon Sun and Moon third version: Pokemon Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eclipse is a better name

I was talking with a friend about the possibility of Pokemon on the Switch, and also came up with the name Pokemon Eclipse.
It's such an awesome name (though I admit, harder to "translate" as an actual Pokemon creature design)

Randomizer

Nintendo Ninjas on leave? They have been such a leaky ship lately. There's going to be pretty much no surprises left for the reveal event by this point.

First mainline Pokemon for Home Console, wow.

I feel like some of you people take Nintendo's PR a little too seriously, lol.

The Switch is very clearly a hybrid, not a home console in a traditional sense. The whole point of the thing is combine Nintendo's home console/handheld businesses and franchises together.

Nintendo Ninjas on leave? They have been such a leaky ship lately. There's going to be pretty much no surprises left for the reveal event by this point.
It's because we're so close to release. Usually, we'd know the whole launch lineup by now for most other console releases.

LordKano

The Switch is very clearly a hybrid, not a home console. The whole point of the thing is combine Nintendo's home console and handheld businesses and franchises together.

Still, first time you'll play Pokémon in HD and on the big screen.

Y'all saying Eclipse aren't making sense. Yellow isn't a mix of Red and Blue. Crystals aren't related to silver or gold. Platinum isn't some Diamond and Pearl intermediary.

But meanwhile, the three symbols on the safes in Virtue's Last Reward are Sun, Moon, and Star, and VLR is a good game.

Opa-Pa

This is exciting but I'll try not to expect too much because I wouldn't put it past GF to still make something with bad performance and below average assets... I'd LOVE to be wrong tho!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Don't they make one set of Pokémon models and then scale them down as needed? So having HD models isn't surprising in the least, they had them for X & Y too.

Also the Sun is already a star, so we already have Pokémon Star.

rewkol

I wonder how the models will look when playing on the TV. We know that the models are actually very detailed already, but I wonder if they'll leverage the Switch to get the game running smooth first and foremost, but also looking graphical many times superior to the 3DS versions.

vareon

The Switch is very clearly a hybrid, not a home console. The whole point of the thing is combine Nintendo's home console and handheld businesses and franchises together.

It really doesn't matter what people call it. It's simply the next Nintendo hardware to play mainline Zelda AND mainline Pokemon, if (very likely) true.

Nbz

Great for Europeans who were planning on buying Sun/Moon this week!

I'd be super pissed if I'd bought it only to realise later that a Switch version was coming

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
After two generations of not having a third version they're bringing it back?

Brilliant, I've missed the old expanded and remixed third pokemon titles, and hopefully I'll be able to pick up a nice pokemon themed Switch in the next 12+ months.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Great for Europeans who were planning on buying Sun/Moon this week!

I'd be super pissed if I'd bought it only to realise later that a Switch version was coming

this is supposed to be Pokemon STARS, not Sun&Moon, so nothing changes from the usual third version of a Pokemon game (BW2 or "Diamond", nothing changes)
what should you be pissed about? This is supposed to come in late '17, one year after the Sun&Moon release.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Did I miss something? I thought MHXX was a 3DS exclusive.

Well...maybe lets just wait for the event in 2 months. No 3rdParty is announcing Switch games before January.

I feel like people are forgetting Colosseum and XD existed. But I guess they weren't really HD?

Nor mainline Pokemon games.

Finally, its been a long ass time.

Lux R7

Would it really be a console seller? I mean probably but a lot of people will already have the base game on 3DS. A brand new Pokemon from the ground up would be a console seller

pretty sure people will buy it two times or just wait to get it on switch.

ggx2ac

I was hoping the third version would be called Comet not Stars because the Sun is a star and Moon is just Earth debris.

Edit: Oh, it's a codename for now.

Really happy to read this, Sun and Moon are practically begging to leap off the 3DS onto something more powerful. 2017 is shaping up to be a great first year for Switch.

sanstesy

How different are the third Pokemon versions like Pokemon Yellow compared to the mainline entries? I never played them before.

CassSept

Earlier generations of Pokémon games have featured a third title launched later with expanded features - Pokémon Yellow followed Game Boy originals Red and Blue to start this trend, which continued through until Pokémon Platinum followed Sapphire and Emerald on DS.

What

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
The Switch totally is just a home console. It definitely won't replace the 3DS or Nintendo handhelds. It's definitely just a third pillar, not a true hybrid. For realsies.

I mean, that would be a ridiculous notion, wouldn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom