• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't looked at the standings in ages because reasons - so imagine my deep shock when I see that the Jays and Jayswest have almost the same record.

WTF.

Line_HTX

Gattis fair down the left line, Marwin runs through the stop sign, and Andrus holds on and doesn't throw the ball for some reason.

Keep piling on that dumbass shitface Gomez more and more.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Gattis fair down the left line, Marwin runs through the stop sign, and Andrus holds on and doesn't throw the ball for some reason.

Keep piling on that dumbass shitface Gomez.
Great inning. Can't give us extra outs like that.

Mrbob

Strong start by Lester tonight. Glad to see it before the start of the post season. I hope the Cubs don't let up after tonight which effectively wins the division. Keep the Cardinals out of the playoffs.

Line_HTX

@JuliaMorales 14m14 minutes ago

Altuve was hit by a pitch on the back of his left hand/wrist. He's leaving the game.

Seriously, what in the fuck.... THIS SHOULD NOT FUCKING HAPPEN.

rekameohs

Banned
@JuliaMorales 14m14 minutes ago

Altuve was hit by a pitch on the back of his left hand/wrist. He's leaving the game.

Seriously, what in the fuck.... THIS SHOULD NOT FUCKING HAPPEN.
Wow.

Even if this particular case is nothing, the players union seriously needs to get players to start wearing more protective gloves, or the players need to do it themselves. These occurrences are at an alarming rate with the uptick in fastball speed.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Never change Gomez. ❤️

He's such a fucking clown.

Probably still pissed after this

tenor.gif

Good start tonight.

I agree but the conversation has been going awhile. If you don't want to believe it that's fine.

sports talk meatballs say all kinds of stupid shit for attention. it's not a real conversation that's being had by anybody of significance.

TS-08

I haven't seen him mentioned a whole lot for the MVP this year, but Kris Bryant now leads the NL in fWAR. I think he should be considered one of if not the front runner considering the Cubs have been in a fight to clinch the division, and are about to do so.

gamz

I haven't seen him mentioned a whole lot for the MVP this year, but Kris Bryant now leads the NL in fWAR. I think he should be considered one of if not the front runner considering the Cubs have been in a fight to clinch the division, and are about to do so.

I couldn't agree more. Look at the stats he's put up this year. The only thing lacking would be RBIs and he hits second so that's understandable.

Rizzo should be in the conversation also.

TS-08

I couldn't agree more. Look at the stats he's put up this year. The only thing lacking would be RBIs and he hits second so that's understandable.

Rizzo should be in the conversation also.

Rizzo's a great player, and this Cardinal fan always dreads when he comes up to bat against us, but he isn't even in the Top 15 in WAR in the league. WAR isn't the be all end all, but he's 2.5 behind the league leader, who happens to be his teammate. I don't really see him being a legitimate contender.

gamz

Rizzo's a great player, and this Cardinal fan always dreads when he comes up to bat against us, but he isn't even in the Top 15 in WAR in the league. WAR isn't the be all end all, but he's 2.5 behind the league leader, who happens to be his teammate. I don't really see him being a legitimate contender.

Good point. I was comparing his stats this morning and you're right.

It seems KB for MVP has been picking up steam the past couple of days. Would be incredible if he ends winning it.

College player of the year
Minor league player of the year
Rookie of the year
MVP
MVP

Helluva run !

zulux21

Mets lining up Robin Ventura, Alex Cora, and Kevin Long for manager position.

I hope you don't expect much if you get Ventura.

general view seems to be "nice guy" but doesn't bring much passion to the team and plays mostly by the old rules... so he is just there to tell a lefty to go face a lefty ect.

gamz

I hope you don't expect much if you get Ventura.

general view seems to be "nice guy" but doesn't bring much passion to the team and plays mostly by the old rules... so he is just there to tell a lefty to go face a lefty ect.

Surprised Ventura wants to manage. Always seemed like he didn't want the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom