• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

Line_HTX

I watch more than this thread here, but I don't really go crazy. I like to take my time and pace myself.

I'm still wishing some ASA shows get Toonami-fied only for the reactions of those who have never seen them.

I used to watch quite a bit of anime and marathon'd some shows (HxH, Gin Tama, Kill La Kill, Gurren Lagann, etc) in the past, but I mostly just watch Toonami now. I haven't gone to Crunchyroll in a long time...

When I don't watch Toonami, I only watch some shows I got on Blu-Ray on occasion. It takes me a while to watch series when I get them unless I feel motivated to watch it all like Serial Experiments Lain. Most of the stuff I own, as far as anime goes, I've watched once or twice through usually. I'm more likely to watch a movie than a series, because it's obviously shorter.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Over the last few years, I've been finding myself watching less "new" anime either because my standards have gotten higher or nothing seems as appealing.

But yeah, I feel deeeeepppp into the anime rabbit hole during my junior high/high school days. Now that I have an actual income, I'm trying to support anime more by using Crunchyroll, buy any blu-rays for stuff I TRULY want to own, etc. compared to when I was in school with very little money & mainly wanted games because my logic has (& usually still is) I can get more "bang = buck" if I buy a game that'll last me hours & hours compared to a 90-120 minute movie or a 12-24 episode series that I'll most likely only watch once.

Chase17

Yeah, I watch a few shows a season. Although I am watching a ton of Gintama right now.

However, I think fall season has more shows I'm interested in than normal.

Xe4

Banned
The last non-Toonami anime show I watched was... uhhh... I'll get back to you on that.
Blade Runner Black Out 2022 was �� �� ��

It would have been cool to see it air on Toonami. Feels like a missed opportunity.
When all of the shorts drop I'll probably watch them at once. I'm cautiously optimistic about the movie, given the director, and maybe the shorts will get me hype. I love the OG Blade Runner so much, and I'm prepared for nothing to live up to it, though.

giphy.gif

The JojoxSAO crossover looks like it's going places.

This is from the new movie.
That GIF is so horrible it's hypnotizing. Seriously, I watched it like ten times and still have no idea what's going on in the scene. I really hope it's edited, because otherwise SMH if that came out of a movie.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
When all of the shorts drop I'll probably watch them at once. I'm cautiously optimistic about the movie, given the director, and maybe the shorts will get me hype. I love the OG Blade Runner so much, and I'm prepared for nothing to live up to it, though.

That GIF is so horrible it's hypnotizing. Seriously, I watched it like ten times and still have no idea what's going on in the scene. I really hope it's edited, because otherwise SMH if that came out of a movie.

Why doesn't the crab monster punch somewhere besides the tiny area covered by the shield?

Xe4

Banned
Why doesn't the crab monster punch somewhere besides the tiny area covered by the shield?

What gets me is where that shirtless guy comes from and why all the characters change after he shows up even though the camera angle is the same. That and where the fuck was Asuna and why does she only show up after the attack is dealt? Why does the shirtless guy look like he's jumping in to attack in one shot but in the shot right after it's obvious she dealt the blow?

There's layers man...

Edit: I think they switched camera angles, but not enough to make it obvious. The only giveaway is the wall that's now in the frame. *Shudders*

Twitter might doubled the amount of characters you can have in a tweet...

They've gone EVEN FURTHER BEYOONNND!

Twitter is a horrible place.

Beat Metroid: Samus Returns last night. Good game, felt like it was trying to meet somewhere in the middle between classic Metroidvania and the Prime series. Actually rather surprised by how challenging it was at times. (Two bosses in particular kicked my ass for a while.) I know some people might be bothered by the fact that you can scan for breakable walls now, but honestly, rolling around a floor placing bombs to find that one breakable area is one aspect of the Metroid series I would happily leave in the past.

Also I saved
THE BABY. THE BABY. THE BABY. Also if the after credits scene is hinting towards a Metroid Fusion remake, I'd be down for that.

cntr

Banned
It was so mediocre nobody actually remembers it.

(though tbh Fist of the Blue Sky is the only alternate-era spinoff I actually remember)

Seda

I think the most important thing, at least for the short term, is comparing ratings to other shows airing at the same time on other networks. Obviously, if all cable TV ratings are down, that will be a problem. But basically, you want your ad slot to be more valuable than other channel ad slots at that time.

When it comes to cable Saturday ratings, which tend to be poorer for clear reasons, I think Toonami is still pretty much one of the highest other than live sports.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think the most important thing, at least for the short term, is comparing ratings to other shows airing at the same time on other networks. Obviously, if all cable TV ratings are down, that will be a problem. But basically, you want your ad slot to be more valuable than other channel ad slots at that time.

When it comes to cable Saturday ratings, which tend to be poorer for clear reasons, I think Toonami is still pretty much one of the highest other than live sports.

Pretty much. The numbers only matter in comparison to the rest of what's on at the time. Also, they don't count streaming and shit.

cntr

Banned
so how did the naruto fanbase continue to be a fanbase after this pain arc conclusion
basically, a huge portion of naruto's fanbase don't like most of the manga, but like certain characters enough to fanfic stuff in their head, and like some moments of it. and that's pretty much enough for a lot of people.

but pretty much everybody except the most delusional fans agree that the series tanked at this point and with the next arc, yes.

Top Bottom