• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Congrats to Chicago fans. If I were you guys, I'd be out in the streets yelling my ass off.

I was hoping for a game 7 but at least the season is finally over.

Well, that was certainly a crazy end to a game. I was on the verge of dozing off, since I assumed it was going back to Chicago in a couple of days.

When they tied it, I was about to go downstairs to set the DVR for overtime and they scored again before I could even get out of bed.

I didn't really have a horse in this race, I just wanted an entertaining series and it was certainly that. Congrats, Hawks fans.

Bring on the draft!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Congrats Hawks GAF!

I don't think it would be a stretch to say that the Hawks were the best team in both the regular season and the playoffs, although it's close because Boston was beast mode all playoffs.

I was personally rooting for the B's(who can't love a team that beats both the Leafs and the Pens in the same playoffs?), but I think this SCF could have gone either way. Boston's biggest mistake was losing game 4 IMO, I feel the momentum just shifted towards the Hawks at that point.

I think Rask will grow from this experience and become one of the best goalies in the league.

Fei

I know it will never happen, but I'd be alright with a 60-65 game season permanently. More spaced out games means less injuries, more urgency.

Congrats, Hawks-GAF.

rinse82

BNk62b7CEAA4-GN.jpg_large.jpg

sammich

I know it will never happen, but I'd be alright with a 60-65 game season permanently. More spaced out games means less injuries, more urgency.

Congrats, Hawks-GAF.

Yea. As much as i love hockey the intensity of a shorter season is 100 times better. Its one of the main reason why i love soccer tournaments and the NFL. Every game matters. Immensely. Sure it means that you could be out a lot earlier in the season, but id sacrifice that for the intensity of a shorter season. I find this season was a perfect length. Maybe could have used 10 more games or so, but i cant remember a season previously that i followed from beginning to end like this one.

Morning after it still stings, but I can't be that mad. Bruins did great for what they've done this season, and the Blackhawks aren't huge whiny dicks. They were the best team all season, and proved it.

ShaneB

So ends another incredible Stanley Cup playoffs, no matter where your allegiance lies, it’s hard to deny how dramatic every single round felt. The first round with 8 action packed matchups, triple header Saturdays and Sundays, and highlights galore. It was the intensity of a shortened season ending, and the long journey to the Cup beginning. The second round showcasing some wonderful hockey as well, the west having some very tight matchups going 7 games, where the east feeling like the Bruins and Penguins heading at full speed towards each other on a collision course. I wish the third round had provided a bit more exciting considering the teams involved and the skill level, but that’s just how the storylines in sports are written sometimes, which makes me wonder about the what if’s as well. I always love knowing how close some games were, how a bounce here or there would’ve changed the playoffs so much for some teams, the Bruins 10 minutes away from elimination in the first round, the Blackhawks coming back from a 3-1 series deficit themselves.

The Stanley Cup finals lived up to the excitement and I really hope introduced new fans to the sport as it was a wonderful showcase for how great hockey can be. It was rough and tough, but still clean exciting hockey fighting for the greatest trophy in all of sports. Players playing through insane injuries knowing it’s all on the line and they can rest when it’s all done. And so begins the off-season, the deals and trades and draft and teams building towards their chance at the prize as well, trying to emulate the teams they saw last night.

It’s the greatest trophy in sports, and the Blackhawks certainly earned their names on it this year. Grats to Hawks-gaf, and Dad I know you’re happy as hell too!

I'm still bitterly disappointed about the ending. Otherwise I'm very proud about our team. We had a few great weeks with great games. An amazing series against the strong Leafs. Afterwards we destroyed the Rangers and the Pens. The fact that we sent Iginla home without a cup is already a gift. And then we proved ourselves against the best team of the season with a tight series.

Too bad the playoffs are over. I stayed up so many nights to watch the B's. As an European it meant to watch the games from around 2 am to 5-6 am in the night. I went to work often tired as hell. But it was worth it.

Now I'm at a point where I can congratulate the Hawks and their fans to their victory. You scored smart goals over and over again. Enjoy it.

So the Chinese immigration decides to kick me out one day earlier. Was probably the most exhausting 24 hours of my life since it was so much that had to be fixed and I had to get a new plane ticket etc. But in the end everything ended up working out great and I managed to get home 4 hours before the game.

So thank you Chinese immigration for making it possible for me to watch the first game of the playoffs so far :)

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES COME ON!

TheFatOne

So I heard the Bruins had an epic choke job last night.I'm glad I had jury duty today. Haven't read any news, but what's Bergerons injury?I'm hoping it's nothing to serious, and that he can recover with no long term effects.

I think I'm going to miss the parade. Pretty bummed about it but I was lucky to go last time, plus I'm still hard from last night so it kind of just works out

Top Bottom