• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Europe - best country.

Well, it won't work out well for countries with lower valued currencies than the euro but that are also in the EU. Pubs would rather have their higher price and sacrifice a few countries than have an affordable price all round for the respective countries as a whole. While I despise geolocking and inability to use products outside a set of territories, its pretty much the only way pubs have played ball on reasonable pricing for countries that otherwise won't be able to afford games by similar standard pricing of other countries

dex3108

Well, it won't work out well for countries with lower valued currencies than the euro but that are also in the EU. Pubs would rather have their higher price and sacrifice a few countries than have an affordable price all round for the respective countries as a whole. While I despise geolocking and inability to use products outside a set of territories, its pretty much the only way pubs have played ball on reasonable pricing for countries that otherwise won't be able to afford games by similar standard pricing of other countries

We will always have cheap Nvidia codes!!! Oh wait.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Just realized Geralt looks like Sean Connery in Highlander with this, "armor".

250px-Tw3_armor_shiadhals.png

Sean-Connery-Highlander.jpg

what is sean connery up to nowadays

Wok

Come on, they banned him for listing a fake item, which was a dumb way to prove his point, as the subsequent ban proved out.

Double Dragon IV is a pretty bad game and I'm surprised to see it come from Arc. Campaign is short as you'd expect but there aren't any interesting encounters or memorable spritework outside of a brief shot of your typical Japanese downtown. The last few chapters are filled with horribly balanced enemies who will either take out 5-7 bars of your health or catch you in an infinite knockdown until you die. Also there are multiple platforming segments that are just god awful, and not suited for the jump, and they remove an entire life if you fall. Honestly don't know how you would get through it in one go without continuing, because even with the incredibly overpowered spin move that will stun lock lock every enemy it's easy to get caught by projectiles and have no way of getting up.

The one thing that's kind of cool is the tower mode where you can play as all of the different enemies with their unique movesets but it's still not very fun because you have to grind through the first boring 20 floors or so and then you get to the enemies that will knock out half your health if you make even a minor mistake and again catch you in a knockdown loop.

Also no move lists for any of the enemy characters and their specials.

Corpekata

Banned
Yeah i know they are different but if I were to get a Sniper Elite game which is the better one(s) to get?

3. Often cheap, plus probably the most polished of the series, and the non-sniping gameplay doesn't totally suck like in 1 and 2.

Unless 4 gets rave reviews, as it looks like it's an improved 3 overall.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Open beta -- MB-A90B7D2D21E8BB31 - Taken by Phinor
Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Open beta #2 -- MB-63754FCB45914403 - Taken by MaxiLive
Spares.

Tizoc

3. Often cheap, plus probably the most polished of the series, and the non-sniping gameplay doesn't totally suck like in 1 and 2.

Unless 4 gets rave reviews, as it looks like it's an improved 3 overall.
Thanks wishlisting 3
As muchas d like tomget into the ghost warrior 3 beta id rather wait and hear impressions instead :x

patapuf

Armello's a lot of fun, highly recommended.

And technically it's strategy if you approach each gameplay targetting a specific stat, otherwise, they'd just assign you a random start up character.

I'll add to recommending Armello. Not for Solo play though. But it's great fun with a few friends.

It's not that luck based either.

Come on, they banned him for listing a fake item, which was a dumb way to prove his point, as the subsequent ban proved out.

I mean, it was the only way to prove that he could do what G2A claimed the website would not let him do. And in response, they didn't ban him from uploading new keys, they just banned him from buying more (and using his wallet credit).

Total scam artists.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
European Comission investigates Geo-blocking for Steam keys

The Commission is investigating bilateral agreements concluded between Valve Corporation, owner of the Steam game distribution platform, and five PC video game publishers, Bandai Namco, Capcom, Focus Home, Koch Media and ZeniMax.

The investigation concerns geo-blocking practices, where companies prevent consumers from purchasing digital content, in this case PC video games, because of the consumer's location or country of residence.

After the purchase of certain PC video games users need to confirm that their copy of the game is not pirated to be able to play it. This is done with an "activation key" on Valve's game distribution platform, Steam. This system is applied for a wide range of games, including sports, simulation and action games.

The investigation focuses on whether the agreements in question require or have required the use of activation keys for the purpose of geo-blocking. In particular, an "activation key" can grant access to a purchased game only to consumers in a particular EU Member State (for example the Czech Republic or Poland). This may amount to a breach of EU competition rules by reducing cross-border competition as a result of restricting so-called "parallel trade" within the Single Market and preventing consumers from buying cheaper games that may be available in other Member States.

The Commission is carrying out this in-depth investigation on its own initiative.

Good

Edit: "old news" :(
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1340146

zkylon

zkylewd
It's just a slog to go though the dungeons honestly in P3/4, the combination of the the lackluster dungeon and limited combat didn't do the games any favors. Press turn really makes Nocturne a fantastic game, and it would be lesser without it.
dungeons are just as tedious in nocturne, and i didn't find the combat to be much deeper than persona

it's rare to find jrpgs without shallow combat, so i don't mind

I didn't actually mind the monotony of standard battles in P3 and P4. They're more about conserving resources rather than struggling through the fights themselves. Like, it's not a question of alpha striking every enemy (you can) but rather, using the bare minmum offense and defense to preserve your HP, SP, and items for as long as possible to get the most out of a run. It's kind of a metagame on top of the standard battles, which I like. (I'm a fan of survival mechanics in most games, so this follows.)

It's a tough balance to make it actually feel rewarding, but it works well in Persona due to the time-limited nature of dungeon delving.
yeah, exactly

i enjoy the combat a lot even if it's simple because there's a whole other part of the game

it's like recettear in that the game ends up being more than the sum of its parts just because all of those systems are in your head and they interact with each other

Oh, right, I played P4G first so that's kind of skewed my perspective.

I don't remember how P5 works, but I'm hoping it either has much better procedural dungeons, or just handcrafted ones. Both previous games really suffered from how similar (and impersonal) all of the floors are. Don't think I could recall the specific layout of any of them.
i like procedural dungeons, i just wish there was more to em than a bunch of rearranged corridors

there could be traps, different types of enemies that attack u in different ways, hidden, locked and optional areas, puzzles, etc.

Yukiko best girl, fight me one on one irl.

I do wish Sega would just get P3 and P4 ported to PC already, to ensure we can play them forever.
yukiko is alright, i just would rather talk about her story instead of how she's crazy about me or whatever just cos i listened to her problems

it's like, you don't have to be my girlfriend, it's fine, i'm just listening to you cos i'm your friend, pls stop making it weird by falling in love with me

Geralt + Dark Souls. How can it go wrong?
did it get good reviews?

bloke

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dino Run DX -- MB-B9F61E4FFE67EE5D - Taken by nightstorm
Hero of the Kingdom II -- MB-CF67B3E61B27DC44 - Taken by data
Night Blights -- MB-B5DCC08BE224AA15 - Taken by longlivegaming

Backlogger

How else should he have proved it? The only thing he did wrong was be snarky about it. Glad I never use that site for anything

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Beta -- MB-CF2CDD53AAAC5F79 - Taken by Nyteshade517. 1 entrants total.
Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Beta #2 -- MB-136D408B2FC34E63 - Taken by Avenger54321. 1 entrants total.
Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Beta #3 -- MB-E2C40040B127E1E8 - Taken by mr_tc. 1 entrants total.
Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Beta #4 -- MB-F3E3328F9BC9E3FC - Taken by PaulSane. 1 entrants total.
Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Beta #5 -- MB-D737FEE326520115 - Taken by ibn Sad. 1 entrants total.
Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Beta #6 -- MB-FEF1F0F503D19DD0 - Taken by NingenJanai. 1 entrants total.
Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Beta #7 -- MB-BCCC8837FD868279 - Taken by dave is ok. 1 entrants total.
Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Beta #8 -- MB-CBAA1BCFD3CD637C - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Beta #9 -- MB-DCC86A67DBA2B4B9 - Taken by C4rter. 1 entrants total.

t1486050679z1.png

Dr.Acula

Banned

This made me laugh.

Hey, G2A may be grey, but I at least appreciate them being so open and detailed in their responses, even if it boils down to this:

SquareWheel
•
6h

[Myth] G2A's a gray market: TL;DR we're not facilitating anything illegal, we're totally against it, but you can sell your own goods on the marketplace

Uh, that's the literal definition of a gray market.

A grey market is the trade of a commodity through distribution channels that are legal but unintended by the original manufacturer.

Nzyme32

So...could this mean the return of the Russian bear?

Russia is not a part of EU, so probably not?

Correct, although assuming publishers do what they usually do when faced without geolocking product pricing, non-euro currencies of the EU will suffer crap pricing possibilities or maybe even no product distribution at all, so Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Sweden. I think all these currencies are much much lower valued than the euro.

Phawx

Oh snap!

Tomorrow is humble monthly.

GamePump has made me look forward to this HM, so I too will chip in some hope for good stuff.

Tizoc

Yo that Deadly Tower of Monsters ending o_O
All in all I enjoyed it but I'm going back to 100% it anytime soon.
Where are those Gold Gears anyways? I only managed to find like half a dozen of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom