• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolithsoft WiiU trailer - X (Takahashi x Tanaka x Sawano, Xenoblade x/multiplayer?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
awajv0.gif

Oh wow. I'm going to have to try to like Xenoblade again, because I want to join in the hype for this game. The Xenogears-style X is a nice touch.

ultron87

And since they showed it on the NA stream we won't have to fight multiple years to bring it over here!

At least one would assume.

Slime

Banned
Between the player numbers, chat box, timer, giant open environments, and huge monsters, I think this actually is a Xenoblade + Monster Hunter-type thing.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Can anyone put some pics or gifs from imgur? I can't see anything at work from abload or youtube. :(

That Xenoblade fan is begging.

Cartman86

Banned
Yeah looks like Monster Hunter type multiplayer maybe? Would be cool if it's still a single player style game, but with added ability for real friends to come in and play the role of other party members.

EDIT: Beat me to it.

Awesome, one of the things I was looking for. Makes me excited for my eventual purchase of a wiiU. Still waiting for Zelda to come out but nice to know I'll have a lot of games I want to play.

Haunted

This is the kind of surprise that makes someone who's become a little bit jaded and cynical about both Nintendo and Japanese games in general shut the fuck and perk up.

Sadsic

i wasnt expecting this at all

i literally started making love to my computer when this was shown

fffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Alex

I sincerely doubt it's an MMO, it's likely just co-op, I just hope it's general campaign is akin to Blade and it isn't going to wind up as a hunting game due to it. Of course, it's also not like it can't have both.

Ricker

OMG. Wait, is this an MMO?!? I don't mean the gameplay; there's that one part where there's a chat box on the left o__o

I guess they did say they wanted to bring people together but

omg

Not a MMO I don,t think ...more like 4 player co-op like PSO or Borderlands etc etc...

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Is Monolithsoft the best japanese studio? Such graphics with so much scope is unusual, and based on Xenoblade impressions, they know how to make a long game appealing.

Hero

GAME OF ALL TIME

I guess the parts where you can actually cut off tails and parts of larger monsters now might strike people as more Monster Hunter-ish. There's also actual third person aiming for range weapons now. And there are giant mechs (YES!!!) you can control, and transform into vehicles.

GAME OF THE FOREVER.

YES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom