• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Yeah, someone should probably have gotten some sort of confirm by now as to whether the tweet that sparked all this was a misquote or what Iger legitimately meant.

More from EW on Rogue One today.

They were originally going to show the Rebels moving from Dantooine to Yavin.

The planet of Dantooine has been waiting for its close-up for a long time, but it almost got that starring role in Rogue One.

Almost. But it turns out no one wanted to spend millions to explore the galactic version of the boonies.

”We did a few things to save money and one of them was they go to a Rebel base in the first half of the film, then go off on their adventure, and the second half of the film they return to a Rebel base," says Edwards. ”It used to be that the first half of the movie was not on Yavin it was Dantooine."

Whitta didn't agree with the inclusion of Baba and Evazan.

”We did have some other characters but the reason why they're not in the film is because any time we did something like, where I'm wearing the fanboy hat and not the professional writer's hat, someone would come along and say, let's not do that character again," Whitta says. ”We don't have to be winking at the audience all the time."

In fact, he disagrees with the decision to insert two characters from the cantina brawl in A New Hope – Ponda Baba (a.k.a. Walrus Man) and Dr. Evazan – in the streets of Rogue One's Jedha city.

”I thought having Evazan and Walrus Man was a little too much," Whitta says. ”You have to reign in that instinct to go back and put things in just because you loved them when you were a kid."

Ackbar was originally going to be in it.

The original script also featured Admiral Ackbar, the crustacean-like fleet commander from Return of the Jedi, leading the Rebel strike on Scarif. ”I always loved Admiral Ackbar. I wanted to have him in there, but J.J. Abrams got to him first," Whitta says. ”We didn't want to use him again after The Force Awakens. So Ackbar became Admiral Raddus. You will see those little evolutions."

Love this photo Peter posted on his Twitter account.

C7s7-P4VsAA5gb0.jpg:large

curb

Banned
I really enjoyed the Rebels finale. I think that show has yet to hit the highs that Clone Wars did but I'm happy with its progress and how much it's improved. I almost quit after season two but I'm glad I didn't.

Malyse

Darth Vader, and in fact before that, when he was Anakin too, has a distinct sense of humor. He is a master of the dry understatement. “Perhaps you feel you’re being treated unfairly?” “I find your lack of faith disturbing.” “Don’t choke on your aspirations.” “This is where the fun begins” “You will try.”

I wonder if this way of talking, of being formal and minimal in his language is how he was taught to talk as a slave. He was not expected to make big observations or give big opinions. He was expected to take his cruel childhood in his stride.

But then he moves to the temple and is in the company of children who are his age but were never slaves. During his introduction to the dorms the class is told that meals will be made available every eighth of a day and every fifth of a night. Anakin says outloud “How regular.” and all the other kids laugh. Anakin really was marveling at food being regular. All the other children seemed to think it was a joke.

Anakin understood very quickly that he was at risk of being “funny”. He said things the other kids wouldn’t say, and he’d say them in ways they wouldn’t either. He thought it better to be funny on purpose than to have funny assigned to him.

He wasn’t sure which of the things he was saying we’re jokes. He learnt to make a smirk, one his face wasn’t accustomed to; he wasn’t previously allowed to be perceived as arrogant. But the smirk made people think he was being comical. People seemed a lot less stiff around him when they were laughing.

He’s in the military now. His character is criticized as being unprofessional. He is called cocky. Some say he has a disturbed sense of humour. The clone troopers like him. They talk very much like he does. They understand how property is meant to talk.

The War is over. He no longer has a mouth to smirk with. Everyone is ridged. No one laughs. He talks to everyone the way he used to talk to Watto. They all look so small from this angle. They seem afraid that he’s mocking them. Threatening them? He doesn’t know how to make them think he’s joking. He doesn’t know if he’s joking.
https://questions-within-questions.tumblr.com/post/158644374183/

I like headcanon.

Jacce

Banned
There is no way anyone watched that video and thought "hmmm maybe this is potentially real!".

No one. Unless they had their eyes gouged out or dipped in acid.

There was some rumors that Fin wasn't going to be included in the initial launch wave of toys. Im beginning to think its because he's wearing the same gear as he did in TFA. Makes sense.

They could just shut his eyes for the action figure and sell him as Comatose Finn.

I mean, he is wearing an all white shirt at that scene, so its at least different. I cant remember where i read that but so far he and Poe look very similar. So i guess it would make sense to not double down. Not that Hasbro isnt shy of that.

RyanW

Take with a grain of salt but speculation is always fun: https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/03/do-not-post-lucasfilms-post-star-wars-episode-ix-plans.html

TLDR
-Obi-wan movie (1 film, no trilogy) potentially directed by Gareth Edwards - Announcement could be made at Celebration
-Boba Fett and other Bounty Hunters on an adventure
-Young Adult tragic-romance(in the vein of Han and Leia in ESB), probably a female director
-Movie hiatus after Episode 9 to not over-saturate the theaters with Star Wars
-Fourth trilogy sometime after that hiatus
-TV series likely in between sagas

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I was surprised to hear they wouldn't be doing it annually now we've got a film every year. The last two have been especially good.
Makes sense due the relocation on May the 4th. Would be far to near to the next movie. Promition is already in the last lap and all.
I think the next Event is going to be in fall or winter

Makes sense due the relocation on May the 4th. Would be far to near to the next movie. Promition is already in the last lap and all.
I think the next Event is going to be in fall or winter

True, but it would have been a good place to reveal a final trailer, plus the promotion for a new film's only part of the whole event.

I'm fine with yearly Star Wars to perpetuity, but there absolutely should be a hiatus in saga film after 9. A new trilogy should always be an event. So if that's true I'm happy. And Obi-Wan is the film I've been wanting since the announcement of the anthology films, so let's go. Bounty Hunters? Meh.

Side note: what are we going to call trilogy 4? "The Second Sequel Trilogy"? "The Threequel Trilogy"?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I hope that Luke could be some kind of Yoda Character in the Legacy Trilogy. He doesnt need to be there all the time.

I just dont want to see him die on screen, it will destroy my heart

Prior to Carrie Fisher's death I could have accepted Luke dying. I mean, it would still suck, but I could accept it. Now though, you can't take Han, Leia, AND Luke from me. :(

Ridisc

Banned
Movie hiatus between Episodes is vital, even if its just a few years, even if people are oversaturated on side films, or a few are duds they always have the episodes in their back pocket, if handled correctly, to reignite the fanbase, cant abuse it.

SpaceWolf

Banned

Seigyoku

I have too many star wars dresses. And yet not enough. And now I have like two star wars shawls. Guys, if any of you see me at Celebration and I am NOT wearing star wars clothes, aliens took over my body, run.

In other news, Saturday will be the death of me, I have to make Hard Choices about panels. Doooooom. (Battlefront? Pablo? Marvel? STAR WARS + DISNEY PARKS IE MY CATNIP KRYPTONITE?)

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Gonna be on a Disney cruise during Celebration. We have a "Star Wars Day at Sea" during the cruise -- hoping some of that Celebration goodness trickles over to the ship! Maybe if there's exclusive Last Jedi footage we'll get to see it as well.

Top Bottom