(09-14-2017, 03:07 AM)
I really really want to be able to reduce the size of pyras boobs
sixteen-bit
(09-14-2017, 03:08 AM)
Day one!
Kebiinu
Banned
(09-14-2017, 03:09 AM)
This game looks amazing, amazing, amazing. Love the VA too, this direct was everything.
Pancake Mix
Copied someone else's pancake recipe
(09-14-2017, 03:10 AM)

Originally Posted by Twilight Princess

You can't shrink perfection.
KratosEnergyDrink

Originally Posted by duckroll

The LE looks amazing. Totally getting it. If they can't manage to get the JP version of the game on the same cart, I'm going to have to get the JP version too though. The narration voice in the trailer is honestly the worst dub I have heard in years. Nintendo is usually really good with this, wtf happened here? Xenoblade 2's dub is horrendous.

Speaking of exaggeration. Everytime someone use "the worst".
CopperPuppy
Any indication as to when the Special Editions will go up for preorder?
Mister Wolf
With this Nintendo has produced the best first year of games for a new console.
DangerMouse
(09-14-2017, 03:11 AM)

Originally Posted by Jiraiza

If the cover's anything to go by, they just need to fix the MC's pants and he'll look pretty rad.

Yup, those pants/boot things connected all the way up to his belt still look like shit, with a better outfit his design would be fine.

Originally Posted by FutureLarking

Loved most of it apart from the fat villain lady. My only quibble is the lip syncing is off, but given Xenoblade isn't an AAA game I'll let it slide. Can't believe there were people out there who hated the original's VA too ;___;

I thought that lady's voice was alright, mine is I wish Azurda's "old grandpa" voice was deeper sounding to better fit that thing and sound better as a narrator for the second part of this trailer though where he came off boring sounding. Instead he sounds like a usual go-to short, human grandpa voice.

The only one I'd say that I didn't really like was the voice for the cocky "Hand her over to a grown up" guy's voice. We've heard that type of character done a lot better before and with a more appropriate sounding voice, but it's just one line so hopefully when heard with several lines in a row it'll sound better.

Most of the voices seem fine in their little clips, especially Pyra's (I liked her "That is our dream!" even if she had to pause after the "that" due to the pause in flaps).
Though the trailers for XBC and XBX pre-sold me that I'd like the voices for those games more and I knew I'd like many of the XBX ones in the final game since I like a lot of those VAs. Hopefully these ones do a good job in the final game.
Yarbskoo
(09-14-2017, 03:12 AM)

Boob sliders not allowed for western audiences, sorry.
spookyfish
(09-14-2017, 03:14 AM)

Originally Posted by CopperPuppy

Any indication as to when the Special Editions will go up for preorder?

In the middle of the night, on a URL that only bots can see.
duckroll

Originally Posted by KratosEnergyDrink

Speaking of exaggeration. Everytime someone use "the worst".

Thank you for your worthless reply.
Renna Hazel
I sure am glad that things like boob size and the voice acting don't bother me. Would be a shame to miss out on a game over stuff like that. Game looked fine to me, still graphically inferior to the U game, but looks good enough.
ExtinctionEvent
Banned
(09-14-2017, 03:15 AM)

Originally Posted by finalflame

Doubters eat crow.

Umm, it can still be delayed. Come on, every game that gets delayed usually already has a release date, release dates can change. Not saying it will, but it's not crow time yet.
FiraB
Banned
(09-14-2017, 03:15 AM)

Originally Posted by TurnipFritters

I'm not that thrilled by the gatcha elements to Blades.

Its not, most the super powerful ones are hidden between quests and in hard to reach places.
Golnei
(09-14-2017, 03:16 AM)

Even if you could, past precedent has shown that NoA wouldn't allow the western world access to the required boob slider.
gcncontroller
Woah, is the Best Buy listing for the LE a placeholder price? I'm excited but I don't know if i'm $100 excited...
Maxinas

Originally Posted by Renna Hazel

I sure am glad that things like boob size and the voice acting don't bother me. Would be a shame to miss out on a game over stuff like that. Game looked fine to me, still graphically inferior to the U game, but looks good enough.

Can you explain in detail on how it's graphically inferior to XBX? I'm having a hard time seeing it. No i'm not blind.
TurnipFritters
(09-14-2017, 03:17 AM)

Originally Posted by Wamb0wneD

So random loot is gatcha now?

When the loot determines your weapons and skill set and comes in the form of characters, yeah, kinda.
Instro
(09-14-2017, 03:18 AM)

The LE looks amazing. Totally getting it. If they can't manage to get the JP version of the game on the same cart, I'm going to have to get the JP version too though. The narration voice in the trailer is honestly the worst dub I have heard in years. Nintendo is usually really good with this, wtf happened here? Xenoblade 2's dub is horrendous.

Yeah I thought it was quite bad, and not a goos way to present the game. The voice was so sleepy sounding, and near devoid of actual emotion. Not exactly the best way to do an info dump on your big RPG and get excited. I mean it's not as bad as some of the dub voices in XCX, but whew.
duckroll
(09-14-2017, 03:19 AM)

So random loot is gatcha now?

Random loot itself isn't gacha, Gacha is literally a system where you use a resource to spin for a random reward out of a prize pool.
bobbychalkers
I can't link my posts since I'm on my phone but I told y'all time after time that it would make 2017

Vindication!!
Gridlock
I've rewatched the clip 3 times and each time I see it I get more and more hype. On my fourth viewing.
Logash
(09-14-2017, 03:20 AM)
Do we know the price for the CE in the US yet?
Wamb0wneD

Originally Posted by TurnipFritters

When the loot determines your weapons and skill set and comes in the form of characters, yeah, kinda.

Random loot itself isn't gacha, Gacha is literally a system where you use a resource to spin for a random reward out of a prize pool.

Huh I always thought one of the cornerstones of Gacha was that you have to pay for stuff. Guess I'm wrong then.
DeuceGamer
So many great games this year for Switch there is absolutely no way I'll be able to play them all. Glad I got my Special sedition preordered already and can't wait to get my hands on it.
Queen Vulpix
Not a fan of Pyra's design at all for a variety of reasons but the backgrounds/environment look really pretty and the music was delightful. Will certainly look forward to this game! Will probably buy the first off the Wii U eshop though first as I've never played it or X.
Kaizer
Banned

Originally Posted by Logash

$99
Lord Ghirahim
(09-14-2017, 03:21 AM)

♪└(^ω^ )┐♫┌( ^ω^)┘♪
Mister Wolf
(09-14-2017, 03:22 AM)
This new artist work translates a lot better to CGI than the Xenosaga 1 and Xenoblade X artist.
KratosEnergyDrink
(09-14-2017, 03:22 AM)

Thank you for your worthless reply.

Some posts don't deserve more...
cHinzo
(09-14-2017, 03:23 AM)
Anime is a plus in my book. At least no more ugly faces lol and it reminds me of the Tales games which I also like. The environment looks pretty, but I never really liked the combat in these games.
duckroll

Originally Posted by Logash

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail...edition-switch

$100

Huh I always thought one of the cornerstones of Gacha was that you have to pay for stuff. Guess I'm wrong then.

Well, you COULD see it that way, but gacha comes from the concept of capsule toys. Whether you're paying with real money or in-game currency, it's the same mechanic right? :)
BeatnikGunsoo
Well I gotta get a switch now, I mean i was always going to but like later down the line like after a price drop or something, but this trailer has moved it up for me.

Wow it looks so much fun.
TheGreatLugia
Banned
(09-14-2017, 03:24 AM)
So I just checked the JP trailer and um: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZIhnJWBdaI&t=2m48s

Wasn't expecting the JP voice to sound like that.
SeanPyle
(09-14-2017, 03:27 AM)
really wondering how this will fare metascore-wise
Harpoon
(09-14-2017, 03:28 AM)
I never lost faith, even as so many were claiming it was impossible. Hyped for December 1st!

Also, interesting that the CE case seems to show the whole party member line-up.

Originally Posted by TheGreatLugia

So I just checked the JP trailer and um: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZIhnJWBdaI&t=2m48s

That makes me appreciate the English voice much more.
Maxinas
(09-14-2017, 03:30 AM)

Originally Posted by SeanPyle

really wondering how this will fare metascore-wise

First impressions have been good so far. It will probably land in the 84-88 range. Already see some points being taken off because of the combat/VA/anime style.
LordGorchnik
(09-14-2017, 03:33 AM)
So I actually picked up GCU the other day when I preordered some other games. Any reason its not showing up now for this?
Lord Ghirahim
(09-14-2017, 03:34 AM)
CE+Postcard Set SKU already gone.
NESpowerhouse
Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.

Originally Posted by Yarbskoo

Boob sliders not allowed for western audiences, sorry.

Check and Mate.
DangerMouse

Originally Posted by TheGreatLugia

Well now it's no wonder the US one went with the "short, high-pitched grandpa" voice since that's what the JP one aimed at too.
The English one definitely sounds way better to me (though he sounded a bit boring with the narration), and less annoying, and even that one was too high to me.
Aizo
音楽オタク
(09-14-2017, 03:35 AM)

You like the J narrator more? I'm surprised. I find him to be more annoying.
「...冒険に出るん゛じゃ゛があ゛あ゛あ゛」
Ow. My ears. It's like that Yoshimoto Shinkigeki sketch where the dude puts tenten on every syllable.
Kanann
Oh yeeeash, I smell Metascore prediction.

+ fun fight
+ story
- too much animu
- framerate
- no flying swagging mecha (hope I'm wrong)
dgco86

Originally Posted by Lord Ghirahim

Argh, I missed it. But not a big deal I guess, it seems like international shipping wasn't available for everything listed today.
moustascheman
(09-14-2017, 03:36 AM)
I'm really interested to see how the gacha system for blades will affect arts. I'd imagine that you don't level arts with AP anymore since they're tied to the blades now.
Lord Ghirahim
(09-14-2017, 03:38 AM)

Originally Posted by dgco86

Argh, I missed it. But not a big deal I guess, it seems like international shipping wasn't available for everything listes today.

Yeah I was forced to use tenso. It's possible they might unblock international shipping later... but there won't be any pieces left by then.
Milennia
(09-14-2017, 03:44 AM)
considering the fact i will put over 100 hours into this almost assuredly along with all the other switch games coming this and next year i may need to double dip on pro controllers and get this one lol
whyamihere
Banned
(09-14-2017, 03:45 AM)

Originally Posted by Lord Ghirahim

3 million seller in Japan alone confirmed
duckroll
(09-14-2017, 03:47 AM)

Originally Posted by Aizo

You like the J narrator more? I'm surprised. I find him to be more annoying.
「...冒険に出るん゛じゃ゛があ゛あ゛あ゛」
Ow. My ears. It's like that Yoshimoto Shinkigeki sketch where the dude puts tenten on every syllable.

I think the JP narrator is "annoying" in the sense that it's a very stereotypical sort of court jester/comedian voice with silly speech patterns. But at least it has flavor and intent. The English narration was really, really poorly done. Whatever intent they had for it, it came off as an uninterested person narrating what should be an exciting introduction to a big adventure RPG. The thing is, Nintendo is usually really good with reading intent and translating that into something effective in other languages. With Xenoblade 2 everything I've seen from the first trailer has fallen flat. Very unusual.
-Horizon-
(09-14-2017, 03:47 AM)
My body is ready. SO READY.