• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

mkenyon
Banned
(03-01-2016, 02:36 AM)
mkenyon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gaz_RB

I mean I don't want a "dress up game", whatever that is, but the amount of customization it offers compared to other games is sort of laughable to me. Especially in a sandbox game where I want to be immersed in the world and able to stand out from others. Gotta give them props for the actual character customization though.

Most of that is a combination of the aforementioned costume stuff as well as the extremely extensive dye system. Every little bit of armor/costumes can be dyed.
Ashodin
Member
(03-01-2016, 02:36 AM)
Ashodin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gaz_RB

I mean I don't want a "dress up game", whatever that is, but the amount of customization it offers compared to other games is sort of laughable to me. Especially in a sandbox game where I want to be immersed in the world and able to stand out from others. Gotta give them props for the actual character customization though.

Have you read the earlier post on gear? There's several ways you can customize.
BradleyUK
Member
(03-01-2016, 02:54 AM)
BradleyUK's Avatar
I really need a gaming PC to play this game looks epic.

Is this separate servers for An and Europe?
Dre_G_Writer
Member
(03-01-2016, 03:05 AM)
Dre_G_Writer's Avatar
Fucking hate working on days that games come out. Now im gonna be like........



....all day tomorrow while at work.
piratepwnsninja
Member
(03-01-2016, 03:10 AM)
piratepwnsninja's Avatar
Hm, never got my items, and on my account page my status for them still says used.
Dead
well not really...yet
(03-01-2016, 03:25 AM)
Dead's Avatar
Feel like there is an infinite amount of trade quests. It never ends and I never get bored of doing anything in this game.

Also got my first Donkey, meet Gorgonozola:

Teknoman
Little Big NeoContra
(03-01-2016, 03:32 AM)
Teknoman's Avatar
So:
Radeon R9 200
Phenom II X4 955 Processor
8GB Ram

Should be good for max detail at 1080?
Mad Season
Banned
(03-01-2016, 03:34 AM)

Originally Posted by Sophia

False, unless your idea of content is FFXIV/WoW style dungeons and raids. This game is a sandbox MMORPG, and puts a big emphasis on world/social aspects. Fighting world bosses, taking on tough enemies, exploring, doing quests, PvP, the various crafting, simulation, housing, etc systems, nodes, guild activities. Think of it more like Minecraft or an Elder Scrolls game and less like World of Warcraft.

Go watch this video that was linked earlier:

Will do! Are there hidden collectibles in the world such as chests and stuff when exploring?

Also, does the game have achievement system?
StrawberryKikwi
Member
(03-01-2016, 03:42 AM)
StrawberryKikwi's Avatar
Can everything in the game be obtained with in game currency or do you have to use real money for some things??
magwizsorc
Member
(03-01-2016, 03:43 AM)
magwizsorc's Avatar
Some games have open world pvp but even around rare resource grinding spots you won't find anyone up for a fight, do people actually do a good amount of fighting?
Ashodin
Member
(03-01-2016, 03:47 AM)
Ashodin's Avatar

Originally Posted by StrawberryKikwi

Can everything in the game be obtained with in game currency or do you have to use real money for some things??

I'd need to know what you mean by "everything".
Kalentan
Member
(03-01-2016, 03:48 AM)
Kalentan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dead

Feel like there is an infinite amount of trade quests. It never ends and I never get bored of doing anything in this game.

Also got my first Donkey, meet Gorgonozola:

Your character looks like she isn't sure what to think... Like she got a gift she wants to return but isn't sure. XD
MurkyZebra2417
Member
(03-01-2016, 03:51 AM)
So is this game worth it if you can maybe play it an hour a day? No subscription is nice, but would it even be worthwhile to pursue trading with that little time or can the players who have more time claim all Trade-routes and shops and you have nothing to show for?
ZeezbruhTV
Member
(03-01-2016, 03:52 AM)
ZeezbruhTV's Avatar
so its officially out? Dont know if I want to start another MMO, i put like 80 hours into GW2 in a week and a half lol.
Ashodin
Member
(03-01-2016, 03:53 AM)
Ashodin's Avatar

Originally Posted by TwitchZeezbruh

so its officially out? Dont know if I want to start another MMO, i put like 80 hours into GW2 in a week and a half lol.

Not until Thursday, these few days before are Early Access Pre-order gates.

Originally Posted by MurkyZebra2417

So is this game worth it if you can maybe play it an hour a day? No subscription is nice, but would it even be worthwhile to pursue trading with that little time or can the players who have more time claim all Trade-routes and shops and you have nothing to show for?

YES. No one can "claim trade routes", they can claim nodes, but it only helps them better. You still get the same rates.
Veldin
Member
(03-01-2016, 04:04 AM)
Veldin's Avatar

Originally Posted by StrawberryKikwi

Can everything in the game be obtained with in game currency

The short answer is no, but whether or not that's problem depends on what's important to you. The majority of the appearance related items(consumable dyes, costumes/armor sets, accessories, underwear) are restricted to the cash shop. There's some exclusive furniture. As far as I know you can't get pets without spending real money either, and they're useful for automatically looting drops.
MikeDown
Banned
(03-01-2016, 04:20 AM)
which sorceress sud i play as?


or

Flandy
Member
(03-01-2016, 04:24 AM)
Flandy's Avatar
Is the Extra Content in the Travelers package the preorder bonus?
‹bermatik
Member
(03-01-2016, 04:26 AM)
‹bermatik's Avatar
There should be a Black Desert Character Creations OT.
Rizzi
Member
(03-01-2016, 04:27 AM)
Rizzi's Avatar
How's it run?
Astery
Member
(03-01-2016, 04:43 AM)
Astery's Avatar

Originally Posted by Veldin

The short answer is no, but whether or not that's problem depends on what's important to you. The majority of the appearance related items(consumable dyes, costumes/armor sets, accessories, underwear) are restricted to the cash shop. There's some exclusive furniture. As far as I know you can't get pets without spending real money either, and they're useful for automatically looting drops.

huh I wonder what's the point for the players on the game being buy to play in this version. Last I played on Jp version, most items from the item malls can be auctioned off using in game currency. And it's free to play.
Baliis
Member
(03-01-2016, 04:45 AM)
Baliis's Avatar

Originally Posted by ‹bermatik

There should be a Black Desert Character Creations OT.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1172715
Dead
well not really...yet
(03-01-2016, 04:49 AM)
Dead's Avatar
question

Does Conqueror's package unlock an exclusive costume for all classes or do you have to choose one?
Topper
Member
(03-01-2016, 05:16 AM)
Topper's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dead

question

Does Conqueror's package unlock an exclusive costume for all classes or do you have to choose one?

You have to choose one.
ROBOKITTYZILLA
Member
(03-01-2016, 05:22 AM)
ROBOKITTYZILLA's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mad Season

Will do! Are there hidden collectibles in the world such as chests and stuff when exploring?

Also, does the game have achievement system?

Yes to both. You will need keys to open the chests which can be obtained via fishing.
Dead
well not really...yet
(03-01-2016, 05:27 AM)
Dead's Avatar

Originally Posted by Topper

You have to choose one.

Damn, need to decide what class I want then. Have been playing Tamer mostly and loving it, but still not sure
Metalic Sand
who is Emo-Beas?
(03-01-2016, 05:28 AM)
Metalic Sand's Avatar
Does the explorers package unlock tonight?
piratepwnsninja
Member
(03-01-2016, 05:37 AM)
piratepwnsninja's Avatar

Originally Posted by Metalic Sand

Does the explorers package unlock tonight?

8am UTC/3am EST.
Hikami
Member
(03-01-2016, 05:37 AM)

Originally Posted by Metalic Sand

Does the explorers package unlock tonight?

Yep

Artdayne
Member
(03-01-2016, 05:39 AM)
Artdayne's Avatar
Is the Blader class currently in the game?
Baliis
Member
(03-01-2016, 05:40 AM)
Baliis's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hikami

Yep

A shame I cant stay up to play =/ see you all tomorrow at like 5PST though
docbon
Member
(03-01-2016, 05:41 AM)
docbon's Avatar

Originally Posted by MikeDown

which sorceress sud i play as?

First one ez. Haven't seen a lot of models play with the pigmentation like that.
Ashodin
Member
(03-01-2016, 05:42 AM)
Ashodin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Artdayne

Is the Blader class currently in the game?

Later update will add it. It will be the first classes added to the game along with Plum.
Strakt
Member
(03-01-2016, 05:42 AM)
Strakt's Avatar
Would love a guest pass on launch day if anyone has any unused ones!

Thanks!
zulux21
Member
(03-01-2016, 05:42 AM)
zulux21's Avatar
does this game feature an in game currency to cash shop currency converter like guild wars 2 does?
Teknoman
Little Big NeoContra
(03-01-2016, 05:44 AM)
Teknoman's Avatar
Too bad they dont just let you download the client before adding an account. I'm off Wednesday and Thursday, so it would be great if I could've had everything downloaded and ready to go, even with a guest pass.
g23
European pre-madonna
(03-01-2016, 05:49 AM)
g23's Avatar
Does this unlock @ midnight for $50 package buyers?
Ashodin
Member
(03-01-2016, 05:58 AM)
Ashodin's Avatar

Originally Posted by zulux21

does this game feature an in game currency to cash shop currency converter like guild wars 2 does?

It does not.

Originally Posted by g23

Does this unlock @ midnight for $50 package buyers?

$50 package buyers get to play in 3 hours.
Teknoman
Little Big NeoContra
(03-01-2016, 06:01 AM)
Teknoman's Avatar
Ugh the self-hype about open ended and challenging adventures is getting to me >_<
Ashodin
Member
(03-01-2016, 06:07 AM)
Ashodin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Teknoman

Ugh the self-hype about open ended and challenging adventures is getting to me >_<

I'm kicking myself for not bumping up to $50 and getting to play tonight!
Teknoman
Little Big NeoContra
(03-01-2016, 06:07 AM)
Teknoman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ashodin

I'm kicking myself for not bumping up to $50 and getting to play tonight!

After the last two days, I would've been too tired anyway heh.
Spazznid
Member
(03-01-2016, 06:10 AM)
Spazznid's Avatar
Really wish GAF had a guild...
zulux21
Member
(03-01-2016, 06:12 AM)
zulux21's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ashodin

I'm kicking myself for not bumping up to $50 and getting to play tonight!

im kicking myself for forgetting about this game until about 2 hours after the preorder window closed >.<;
Ashodin
Member
(03-01-2016, 06:13 AM)
Ashodin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Spazznid

Really wish GAF had a guild...

We will soon!
drotahorror
Member
(03-01-2016, 06:16 AM)
drotahorror's Avatar
Does anyone know how much pets are in the ingame cash shop? Tryin to figure out if the $50 package is worth. Having a pet that can auto loot is pretty huge.

And thanks for the info @ Loginius. I guess I understand that there are expansions coming to keep people around. Hope they're free.
Teknoman
Little Big NeoContra
(03-01-2016, 06:16 AM)
Teknoman's Avatar
Speaking of, how does party combat work exp / loot wise? Or are there some enemies in the wild (not bosses) that are simply too strong to fight unless you have multiple people?

With the boat system, i'm sure there should be uncharted islands with stuff on them?
Ashodin
Member
(03-01-2016, 06:17 AM)
Ashodin's Avatar

Originally Posted by drotahorror

Does anyone know how much pets are in the ingame cash shop? Tryin to figure out if the $50 package is worth. Having a pet that can auto loot is pretty huge.

And thanks for the info @ Loginius. I guess I understand that there are expansions coming to keep people around. Hope they're free.

Looks like $15~ on release, I think.

Originally Posted by Teknoman

Speaking of, how does party combat work exp / loot wise? Or are there some enemies in the wild (not bosses) that are simply too strong to fight unless you have multiple people?

With the boat system, i'm sure there should be uncharted islands with stuff on them?

1. Party EXP is lessened, but not by much. Secondly, most enemies can be solo'd (however there are some tough ones) so bringing a friend doesn't hurt.

2. Yes to islands, but they're "charted" as in they're on the map. You could potentially live on one of them if you wish.
Aadrian1234
Banned
(03-01-2016, 06:26 AM)

Originally Posted by drotahorror

So they're not the greatest PVP class or they're top tier? Or are you saying the greatsword turns them into a top tier PVP class?

Does every class get a weapon that changes their playstyle or something later on?

Hmm, this greatsword you mentioned is for something that won't be available in the west for who knows how long. The Awakening or some shit. Every class gets a new weapon.

This game seems pretty neutered in the west not gonna lie.

Content is going to come in through updates at the same rate that the KR version got them. So we're not getting less content than anyone else
Ashodin
Member
(03-01-2016, 06:39 AM)
Ashodin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Aadrian1234

Content is going to come in through updates at the same rate that the KR version got them. So we're not getting less content than anyone else

Or faster, even.
Sectus
Member
(03-01-2016, 06:40 AM)
Sectus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mad Season

Will do! Are there hidden collectibles in the world such as chests and stuff when exploring?

Also, does the game have achievement system?

There's rare minerals tucked away in all kinds of places, and there's also big hidden caves scattered around the world which has a bunch of stuff in it.

There's a lot of titles to learn based on doing a ton of different stuff (the game doesn't tell you how to get them though). There's also a challenge system (reach level 10, reach level 20, reach apprentice gatherer, reach apprentice crafter, and goals like that) which gives you specific rewards. Those two systems are the closest you'll get to achievements.

Thread Tools