• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

JayEH
Junior Member
(08-25-2017, 10:07 PM)
JayEH's Avatar
Zip leak is life.
Ryce
Member
(08-25-2017, 10:08 PM)
Ryce's Avatar

Originally Posted by enzo_gt

We literally have nothing to go off of for who the last 4 DLC characters are.

An unverified, minimally conflicting leak from half a year ago saying the remaining DLC characters would show up in the story in some form or another is the only thing that has people thinking TWS/Venom/Meio/project4thcharacterhere are DLC.

I'm going off the .zip leak.

I was told that Venom would be a DLC character months ago, he appears in the .zip leak, and Symbiotes play a large role in the story. I think it's safe to say that Venom will be DLC. We also know that Hunter shows up in the story, and one of the stages is based on Monster Hunter. She's most likely DLC, too.

So with Sigma, Black Panther, Venom, and Hunter as DLC characters, that leaves two. Considering who's publishing this game, I think it's more likely that all six characters will show up in the story (and by extension the .zip leak) than only four of them. Remember that all six of Street Fighter V's season one DLC characters appeared in story mode.
JayEH
Junior Member
(08-25-2017, 10:09 PM)
JayEH's Avatar
Even the possibility of Meio makes me not want to buy the season pass.

Who am I kidding I'll still get it anyway.
J-Tier
Member
(08-25-2017, 10:12 PM)
J-Tier's Avatar
I dunno why y'all hatin' on the Mayo. Just watch, his BnB combos are gonna be so sick.
PadWarrior
Member
(08-25-2017, 10:14 PM)
PadWarrior's Avatar

Originally Posted by J-Tier

I dunno why y'all hatin' on the Mayo. Just watch, his BnB combos are gonna be so sick.

I prefer Ketchup. :)
DR2K
Doesn't buy fighting games to actually play them
(08-25-2017, 10:14 PM)
DR2K's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ryce

I'm going off the .zip leak.

I was told that Venom would be a DLC character months ago, he appears in the .zip leak, and Symbiotes play a large role in the story. I think it's safe to say that Venom will be DLC. We also know that Hunter shows up in the story, and one of the stages is based on Monster Hunter. She's most likely DLC, too.

So with Sigma, Black Panther, Venom, and Hunter as DLC characters, that leaves two. Considering who's publishing this game, I think it's more likely that all six characters will show up in the story (and by extension the .zip leak) than only four of them. Remember that all six of Street Fighter V's season one DLC characters appeared in story mode.

You were also told Ant-Man would be in. Things change. A character can appear in the game without having a model. Ken and Iron Fist appear in a poster for example.
Doctrine Dark
Member
(08-25-2017, 10:15 PM)
Doctrine Dark's Avatar
Well, I hope everyone that thinks Meio is DLC are wrong. That's all I can say on the matter.
Ryce
Member
(08-25-2017, 10:15 PM)
Ryce's Avatar

Originally Posted by DR2K

You were also told Ant-Man would be in. Things change.

Yes, but even without that there's the .zip leak and Symbiote stuff in story mode.
enzo_gt
tagged by Blackace
(08-25-2017, 10:15 PM)
enzo_gt's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ryce

I'm going off the .zip leak.

I was told that Venom would be a DLC character months ago, he appears in the .zip leak, and Symbiotes play a large role in the story. I think it's safe to say that Venom will be DLC. We also know that Hunter shows up in the story, and one of the stages is based on Monster Hunter. She's most likely DLC, too.

So with Sigma, Black Panther, Venom, and Hunter as DLC characters, that leaves two. Considering who's publishing this game, I think it's more likely that all six characters will show up in the story (and by extension the .zip leak) than only four of them. Remember that all six of Street Fighter V's season one DLC characters appeared in story mode.

See this is a much better argument. I can follow for Venom and MH, but beyond that I'm skeptical, even if they do 4, it's likely they'll just do all 6.

I admit I'm biased, Meio would be incredibly shitty of a DLC choice given the number of unrepresented franchises in MvC:I currently.

Originally Posted by DR2K

You were also told Ant-Man would be in. Things change. A character can appear in the game without having a model. Ken and Iron Fist appear in a poster for example.

I forgot about this too, this also adds to my skepticism. Things change, and those whispers were a loooong time ago. Pre-backlash, even.
FSLink
Banned
(08-25-2017, 10:17 PM)
FSLink's Avatar

Originally Posted by DR2K

You were also told Ant-Man would be in. Things change. A character can appear in the game without having a model. Ken and Iron Fist appear in a poster for example.

A better example would have been the Dr. Octopus files in MvC3 that never turned out to be DLC. You won't generally find art assets like Ken/Iron Fist on a poster in the same area on a disc with the playable characters.

But considering it's Capcom and they already announced 6 DLC characters, I'm gonna expect Meio and if it's not, I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Originally Posted by enzo_gt

I admit I'm biased, Meio would be incredibly shitty of a DLC choice given the number of unrepresented franchises in MvC:I currently.

Tbh this makes it seem more likely that it'll happen. lol
IntelliHeath
As in "Heathcliff"
(08-25-2017, 10:17 PM)
IntelliHeath's Avatar

Originally Posted by enzo_gt

See this is a much better argument. I can follow for Venom and MH, but beyond that I'm skeptical, even if they do 4, it's likely they'll just do all 6.

I admit I'm biased, Meio would be incredibly shitty of a DLC choice given the number of unrepresented franchises in MvC:I currently.

Many posters apparently aren't fans of the idea of Meio and Winter Soldier being playable character so.
Rhaknar
The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
(08-25-2017, 10:19 PM)
Rhaknar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Doctrine Dark

Well, I hope everyone that thinks Meio is DLC are wrong. That's all I can say on the matter.

we also hope we are wrong :p
enzo_gt
tagged by Blackace
(08-25-2017, 10:19 PM)
enzo_gt's Avatar
The wildest twist would be several of those as secret, unlockable characters. Maybe similar to MvC1 in a way.

Imagine Gold Iron Man or something as an unlockable.
Brobzoid
how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
(08-25-2017, 10:20 PM)
Brobzoid's Avatar
Why would they make Meio dlc though? Obviously Vergil and Venom are popular characters that would sell well, but who the fuck is out there pining to pay extra to play as Grandmaster Meio?
FSLink
Banned
(08-25-2017, 10:20 PM)
FSLink's Avatar

Originally Posted by enzo_gt

The wildest twist would be several of those as secret, unlockable characters. Maybe similar to MvC1 in a way.

Imagine Gold Iron Man or something as an unlockable.

I would laugh if a future DLC added Gold War Machine. Let me relive the MvC1 days a bit.

Originally Posted by Brobzoid

Why would they make Meio dlc though? Obviously Vergil and Venom are popular characters that would sell well, but who the fuck is out there pining to pay extra to play as Grandmaster Meio?

If he has an interesting playstyle, he'd be bought by people who want to play him. Or be bought by competitors who need to understand all matchups. They could always make the fighters available as a pack (outside of the season pass) as well to entice people to grab him along with the popular characters. This happens all the time in fighting game DLCs.
Ryce
Member
(08-25-2017, 10:20 PM)
Ryce's Avatar
There's a difference between not wanting Meio and not expecting him. Given the way everything has been handled up until now, I just don't have faith in Capcom that two of this year's DLC fighters will be completely original characters who don't appear in story mode.
Anbec7
Member
(08-25-2017, 10:21 PM)
Anbec7's Avatar
It finally happened just pre-ordered the game.
Seeing the Max gameplay definitely helped
Rhaknar
The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
(08-25-2017, 10:21 PM)
Rhaknar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Brobzoid

Why would they make Meio dlc though? Obviously Vergil and Venom are popular characters that would sell well, but who the fuck is out there pining to pay extra to play as Grandmaster Meio?

why would anyone pay to play as Shuma Gorath?
J-Tier
Member
(08-25-2017, 10:22 PM)
J-Tier's Avatar
When the Grandmaster is top tier, you'll all regret it.
SaikyoBro
Member
(08-25-2017, 10:23 PM)
SaikyoBro's Avatar
Do people really not like Winter Soldier? I was always under the impression he's pretty popular, why don't people want him?
FSLink
Banned
(08-25-2017, 10:24 PM)
FSLink's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rhaknar

why would anyone pay to play as Shuma Gorath?

Or remember when people didn't know who the hell Rocket Raccoon was back in UMvC3? If he was DLC instead of being packed in with Ultimate I'm sure we'd get the same questions. If they're interesting to play, people will buy though obviously if they're fan favorites they'd be bought more.

Originally Posted by SaikyoBro

Do people really not like Winter Soldier? I was always under the impression he's pretty popular, why don't people want him?

Probably just find more characters interesting than him.

I just want to see Winter Soldier vs Spencer fights.
J-Tier
Member
(08-25-2017, 10:24 PM)
J-Tier's Avatar

Originally Posted by SaikyoBro

Do people really not like Winter Soldier? I was always under the impression he's pretty popular, why don't people want him?

He's just so frigging Vanilla.
PadWarrior
Member
(08-25-2017, 10:25 PM)
PadWarrior's Avatar

Originally Posted by SaikyoBro

Do people really not like Winter Soldier? I was always under the impression he's pretty popular, why don't people want him?

I like him but ant man would be unique. I also like daredevil more.
Ryce
Member
(08-25-2017, 10:28 PM)
Ryce's Avatar

Originally Posted by Brobzoid

Why would they make Meio dlc though? Obviously Vergil and Venom are popular characters that would sell well, but who the fuck is out there pining to pay extra to play as Grandmaster Meio?

I can't think of a single fighting game where every DLC character was a highly requested fan favorite (besides maybe KoFXIV). Just look at what happened last month with Abigail.
Brobzoid
how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
(08-25-2017, 10:28 PM)
Brobzoid's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rhaknar

why would anyone pay to play as Shuma Gorath?

shuma and jill were really strange dlc choices tbh

Originally Posted by Ryce

I can't think of a single fighting game where every DLC character was a highly requested fan favorite (besides maybe KoFXIV). Just look at what happened last month with Abigail.

mvc is a dream match style game though, fan favorite characters from different works is a central part of the appeal imo.
J-Tier
Member
(08-25-2017, 10:30 PM)
J-Tier's Avatar

Originally Posted by FSLink

Probably just find more characters interesting than him.

This. If they wanted to do another metal arm character, Misty Knight would've been the better alternative. She's a kickass, sexy, sassy, black woman and would also pair well with an eventual Iron Fist dlc.
enzo_gt
tagged by Blackace
(08-25-2017, 10:32 PM)
enzo_gt's Avatar

Originally Posted by Brobzoid

shuma and jill were really strange dlc choices tbh

mvc is a dream match style game though, fan favorite characters from different works is a central part of the appeal imo.

In retrospect (but many did feel that way at the time), perhaps two of the most unattractive characters you could choose for you just two DLC spots to sell a CE.

And bang on RE: second paragraph.
FSLink
Banned
(08-25-2017, 10:33 PM)
FSLink's Avatar

Originally Posted by Brobzoid

shuma and jill were really strange dlc choices tbh


mvc is a dream match style game though, fan favorite characters from different works is a central part of the appeal imo.

Yeah, but a part of the appeal is also finding new favorites too. I'm sure a lot of people became fans of Rocket Raccoon, Nova, etc. when Ultimate came out.

Originally Posted by enzo_gt

In retrospect (but many did feel that way at the time), perhaps two of the most unattractive characters you could choose for you just two DLC spots to sell a CE.

And bang on RE: second paragraph.

Jill made sense. The issue is that she was very hard to play and so Shuma was tricky as well. Making two of the only DLC spots some of the harder characters to use seems weird.
Ryce
Member
(08-25-2017, 10:33 PM)
Ryce's Avatar

Originally Posted by Brobzoid

mvc is a dream match style game though, fan favorite characters from different works is a central part of the appeal imo.

Yes, but that hasn't stopped licensed fighters in the past from having weird DLC picks.

Just assuming for a minute that Sigma, Black Panther, Hunter, Venom, Grandmaster Meio, and Winter Soldier are the six DLC characters, then everyone but Meio qualifies as a requested and/or well-known character. One obscure pick out of six isn't bad.
Karsticles
(08-25-2017, 10:33 PM)
Karsticles's Avatar
Dormammu Stalking Flare no longer has infinite duration.

RIP best move.
PadWarrior
Member
(08-25-2017, 10:34 PM)
PadWarrior's Avatar
I remember how annoyed I was when a generic sentinel was back for mvc3.
Seyavesh
Member
(08-25-2017, 10:36 PM)
Seyavesh's Avatar

Originally Posted by PadWarrior

I remember how annoyed I was when a generic sentinel was back for mvc3.

it's the mass production model of sentinal, the protagonist of marvel vs capcom part 2: new age of heroes
PadWarrior
Member
(08-25-2017, 10:37 PM)
PadWarrior's Avatar

Originally Posted by Seyavesh

it's the mass production model of sentinal, the protagonist of marvel vs capcom part 2: new age of heroes

Lol.
FourMyle
Member
(08-25-2017, 10:37 PM)
FourMyle's Avatar
Black Panther/Sigma
Venom/Hunter

Those 4 are awesome picks. But yeah I'm iffy on Winter Soldier and Meio. Real iffy. Hopefully their gameplay makes them shine
IntelliHeath
As in "Heathcliff"
(08-25-2017, 10:38 PM)
IntelliHeath's Avatar

Originally Posted by J-Tier

When the Grandmaster is top tier, you'll all regret it.

I wouldn't because it's so often that I'm not that great with top tier characters because we don't click very well. If Meio's moveset is like crazy out there then I'm cool with it.


Originally Posted by Ryce

I can't think of a single fighting game where every DLC character was a highly requested fan favorite (besides maybe KoFXIV). Just look at what happened last month with Abigail.

Injustice 1?
Ryce
Member
(08-25-2017, 10:40 PM)
Ryce's Avatar

Originally Posted by IntelliHeath

Injustice 1?

Zod and Batgirl were really controversial at the time.
PadWarrior
Member
(08-25-2017, 10:40 PM)
PadWarrior's Avatar

Originally Posted by IntelliHeath

I wouldn't because it's so often that I'm not that great with top tier characters because we don't click very well. If Meio's moveset is like crazy out there then I'm cool with it.




Injustice 1?

The game that thought me to never buy another season pass. Everyone wanted Martian manhunter and got scorpion instead.
tribal24
Banned
(08-25-2017, 10:42 PM)
tribal24's Avatar

Originally Posted by DR2K

You were also told Ant-Man would be in. Things change. A character can appear in the game without having a model. Ken and Iron Fist appear in a poster for example.

Yeah this too, again if Capcom is listening about the character list, I'm willing to bet Meio doesn't make it in just because he would definitely give a bad impression.
FSLink
Banned
(08-25-2017, 10:43 PM)
FSLink's Avatar
SFV Season 1 DLC was pretty good I thought.
Coda
Member
(08-25-2017, 10:43 PM)
Coda's Avatar
I'm curious when we'll see some Sigma and Black Panther footage. I'm gonna guess that they'll both drop a month or two after launch.
IntelliHeath
As in "Heathcliff"
(08-25-2017, 10:44 PM)
IntelliHeath's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ryce

Zod and Batgirl were really controversial at the time.

I seriously doubt that. Zod was an upcoming villain for next movie so I don't really see any controversial about it. And Batgirl is incredibly popular female character so I think she was part of top 10-15 female characters constantly for DC universe. It's hardly not controversial.
Brobzoid
how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
(08-25-2017, 10:44 PM)
Brobzoid's Avatar

Originally Posted by FSLink

Yeah, but a part of the appeal is also finding new favorites too. I'm sure a lot of people became fans of Rocket Raccoon, Nova, etc. when Ultimate came out.

yeah, that's true. but it would seem more sensible to me to include those odd picks in the base roster that everyone gets and use the dlc budget for characters with established fans that you can assume will be requested*. But like Ryce said, it's not like DLC for fighters has a history of being predictably sensible. idk.

(*the base roster being on the smaller side throws a bit of a wrench in this for mvci, plus how many assumed shoe-in characters are missing)
FSLink
Banned
(08-25-2017, 10:45 PM)
FSLink's Avatar

Originally Posted by IntelliHeath

I seriously doubt that. Zod was an upcoming villain for next movie so I don't really see any controversial about it, and Batgirl is incredibly popular female character so I think she was part of top 10-15 female characters for DC universe. It's hardly not controversial.

Yeah I think Scorpion was probably the most controversial out of the IJ1 DLC guys.
It didn't help he seemed stupid strong on release lol

Originally Posted by Brobzoid

yeah, that's true. but it would seem more sensible to me to include those odd picks in the base roster that everyone gets and use the dlc budget for characters with established fans that you can assume will be requested*. But like Ryce said, it's not like DLC for fighters has a history of being predictably sensible. idk.

(*the base roster being on the smaller side throws a bit of a wrench in this for mvci, plus how many assumed shoe-in characters are missing)

Yeah I dunno, especially since we have no idea how Meio would work within MvCI. He could end up being cool as shit. Sometimes the devs just want to do what they want to do. (See Abigail in SFV S2)
IntelliHeath
As in "Heathcliff"
(08-25-2017, 10:47 PM)
IntelliHeath's Avatar

Originally Posted by PadWarrior

The game that thought me to never buy another season pass. Everyone wanted Martian manhunter and got scorpion instead.

Do you know that Martain Manhunter is in the game right?
MiguelMexMIstery
Member
(08-25-2017, 10:47 PM)
MiguelMexMIstery's Avatar
rip previous thread

Originally Posted by Lulubop

No one is gonna buy fucking Meio DLC.

I need to finish Strider...
PadWarrior
Member
(08-25-2017, 10:47 PM)
PadWarrior's Avatar

Originally Posted by IntelliHeath

Do you know that Martain Manhunter is in the game right?

He wasn't part of the first dlc. Everyone wanted him in the first wave. I was one of those people.
FSLink
Banned
(08-25-2017, 10:48 PM)
FSLink's Avatar

Originally Posted by IntelliHeath

Do you know that Martain Manhunter is in the game right?

He wasn't in the season pass though.
IntelliHeath
As in "Heathcliff"
(08-25-2017, 10:49 PM)
IntelliHeath's Avatar

Originally Posted by PadWarrior

He wasn't part of the first dlc. Everyone wanted him in the first wave.

Originally Posted by FSLink

He wasn't in the season pass though.

Fair enough, but I'm shocked that he didn't even come back for Injustice2 tho.
Dirtbag
what would Breesus do?
(08-25-2017, 10:56 PM)
Dirtbag's Avatar
Didnt they say they would pair the fighters up for DLC?
Meio would probably be paired and sold with a desirable Marvel rep.
MoxManiac
Member
(08-25-2017, 10:57 PM)
MoxManiac's Avatar
I don't see Meio being a DLC character ever. Definitely not in season 1.

Thread Tools