• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

whyamihere
Member
(09-14-2017, 12:44 AM)
whyamihere's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fireblend

Is it me or is the footage more than a step up over the gamescom and pax demo? It looks smooth and I don't know if it was because the camera was way closer in some of the shots, but it looks like the characters are a bit more cel-shaded? I really like the graphical style they're going for and it didn't really click until now.

Yeah the framerate looked a lot better
10k
I am not employed in the video game industry and I was previously banned after posting a bunch of questionable NX rumors I collected by talking to people on Twitter.
(09-14-2017, 12:44 AM)
10k's Avatar
Y'all didn't wanna believe me.
DangerMouse
Member
(09-14-2017, 12:45 AM)
DangerMouse's Avatar
And my SE pre-order is in.
I'm ready for more Xenoblade goodness Takahashi.

Originally Posted by Cheshire_Buddha

I'll eat all that crow, I didn't think it would happen.

Yep. I thought we'd have to wait till next year.
jj984jj
He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
(09-14-2017, 12:46 AM)
jj984jj's Avatar

Originally Posted by Oregano

The game looks great but XCX looked a lot better. Day 1 regardless, I trust Monolith.

Looking at this trailer they've brought over most of the environment styles we saw in X. It literally has the same look of X with some new shaders thrown in, I really don't see what people are looking at when they say this.

I do think Monolith needs to work on upping their cinematic and overview presentation at this point, and it was a problem X suffered from as well. They don't really make them look prettier when they zoom the camera out, and things that should be there aren't loaded so you only see rougher textures instead. I'm sure the environments will look better running through them than they do zoomed out as they already do in this footage.
Last edited by jj984jj; 09-14-2017 at 12:48 AM.
BanjoLayleeYookaKazooie
Banned
(09-14-2017, 12:46 AM)

Originally Posted by JershJopstin

Neither of those are happening next year.

There is absolutely no reason to be so certain about that, especially in this thread which there was also absolutely no way this game would meet its ETA.

Bit off topic here but whatever.
jorgejjvr
Member
(09-14-2017, 12:47 AM)
jorgejjvr's Avatar

Originally Posted by DangerMouse

And my SE pre-order is in.
I'm ready for more Xenoblade goodness Takahashi.



Yep. I thought we'd have to wait till next year.

Where can we pre order??
James Scott
Member
(09-14-2017, 12:47 AM)
James Scott's Avatar
December 1st is a really nice date too.
Tech wise it looks quite a bit nicer in the latest trailer too.
Random NPC character models look much better than previous XC games. The art style and designs fit pretty well.
Resilient
Member
(09-14-2017, 12:48 AM)
Resilient's Avatar
those CE...HNG
rocketskates
Member
(09-14-2017, 12:48 AM)
rocketskates's Avatar
Don't even have a Switch yet but planning on preordering the Special Edition
Maxinas
Member
(09-14-2017, 12:48 AM)
Maxinas's Avatar
Um, did anyone notice the standard version of XB2 is unavailable on Amazon? Hopefully it means they are updating it to include the collectors edition/release date, no way it sold out.
JershJopstin
Member
(09-14-2017, 12:48 AM)

Originally Posted by BanjoLayleeYookaKazooie

There is absolutely no reason to be so certain about that, especially in this thread which there was also absolutely no way it would meet its ETA.

Big off topic here but whatever.

One of those games doesn't have an ETA and the other doesn't even have confirmation it exists yet. The irony isn't quite there.

Fwiw, I believed Xeno 2 would hit 2017 since January.
Kanann
Member
(09-14-2017, 12:49 AM)
Kanann's Avatar
JP Shop said Japan language only, but goddarn Octopath Saga Frontier said it too but has changable voice in game.

/pray
King Al B
Member
(09-14-2017, 12:49 AM)
King Al B's Avatar
Pre-Order for special edition done! Now hopefully i can get one of those snazzy pro controllers.
JershJopstin
Member
(09-14-2017, 12:50 AM)

Originally Posted by jorgejjvr

Where can we pre order??

What region? I know NA is up at Best Buy.
earvcunanan
Member
(09-14-2017, 12:50 AM)
earvcunanan's Avatar
Need that SE from Amazon come on
Atheerios
Member
(09-14-2017, 12:52 AM)
Atheerios's Avatar
Are there links for the SE pre-orders?
jdstorm
Member
(09-14-2017, 12:53 AM)
Jabba the Nopon lol. Lets go
Nanashrew
Member
(09-14-2017, 12:53 AM)
Nanashrew's Avatar
I hope the OT gets called Xenoblade Chronicles 2 |OT| Delayed to 2018

I had nothing but faith in 2017 release!
OmegaDL50
Member
(09-14-2017, 12:53 AM)
OmegaDL50's Avatar

Originally Posted by BanjoLayleeYookaKazooie

There is absolutely no reason to be so certain about that, especially in this thread which there was also absolutely no way it would meet its ETA.

Big off topic here but whatever.

The only thing some folks learned is they actually don't know anything about Nintendo's internal development pipeline and release schedule.

I've brought it up before that Takahashi admitted in a interview that Xenoblade X was a test bed for a future game. Basically they already had the engine from X's development, now they just reuse it and add some new assets and shaders and focus a bit more on the narrative / story side of the things as opposed to the exploration based focus and you lead to Xenoblade 2.

This is the interview - http://time.com/4149809/xenoblade-ch...uya-takahashi/

Referencing this quote.

Originally Posted by Tetsuya Takahashi

"The design focus for this game was on map exploration and character builds during battle," says Takahashi. "We deliberately distanced ourselves from having philosophical themes intertwined with the core of the story. Given that we at Monolith Soft had no experience with developing HD titles, our goal with this project was to experiment with and implement the assorted tech skills we needed for HD game development. We decided that trying to balance that with an epic theme-laden story would pose difficulties. Our hope is that we can start by creating the core system, then expand on the story and thematic elements in our future project."

KahooTs
Member
(09-14-2017, 12:56 AM)
They are a well run studio.
Slixshot
Member
(09-14-2017, 12:57 AM)
Slixshot's Avatar
Gimme dat special edition preorder!!

Any links yet??
DangerMouse
Member
(09-14-2017, 12:57 AM)
DangerMouse's Avatar

Originally Posted by jorgejjvr

Where can we pre order??

If you're in the US it's up on Best Buy.
xochipiltontli
Member
(09-14-2017, 12:58 AM)
xochipiltontli's Avatar
The art style for characters looks very inconsistent to me, some have more realistic (and nicer looking in my opinion) facial features while others are very cartoony looking. The game overall looks a lot better than it did though, both graphically and performance wise.
Rushersauce
Member
(09-14-2017, 12:58 AM)
Rushersauce's Avatar
The music.... HNGGGGG
Kebiinu
Member
(09-14-2017, 12:58 AM)
Kebiinu's Avatar
Looks fucking amazing. I can't WAIT! So sooooon too!
nicolasacmf
Junior Member
(09-14-2017, 12:58 AM)
nicolasacmf's Avatar
Having the titan narrate the trailer was so goofy and kinda adorable. I've had a few (VERY few, tbh) doubts about the quality of this game but everything they've shown has made me more and more excited. Probably won't be as good as the first one, but that doesn't mean shit when Xeno1 was one of the best RPGs ever made.
spelen
Member
(09-14-2017, 01:01 AM)

Originally Posted by Fireblend

Is it me or is the footage more than a step up over the gamescom and pax demo? It looks smooth and I don't know if it was because the camera was way closer in some of the shots, but it looks like the characters are a bit more cel-shaded? I really like the graphical style they're going for and it didn't really click until now.


The pax and gamescom stuff was confirmed to be e3 build so we haven't seen a proper update for at least 4 months
Golden_Pigeon
Member
(09-14-2017, 01:03 AM)
Golden_Pigeon's Avatar
I was interested in the serie and this presentation just killed the hype that had survived from the E3 offense. Don't want to offend the fanbase, to each it's own, but the character design and the overall presentation seems just wrong.

And what the hell with the overvoice during the presentation ?
Last edited by Golden_Pigeon; 09-14-2017 at 01:09 AM.
ViciousDS
Member
(09-14-2017, 01:04 AM)
ViciousDS's Avatar
YYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOO

what a fucking year 1 for this console holy shit
M-PG71C
Member
(09-14-2017, 01:04 AM)
M-PG71C's Avatar
Day one, what a fucking year. Zelda, Mario, Fire Emblem, Metroid, and Xenoblade in a single year. This will never be topped in the future lol
ScientificPizza
Member
(09-14-2017, 01:04 AM)
ScientificPizza's Avatar
This game looks very good but man Monolith Soft UI is as bad as ever
Oregano
Member
(09-14-2017, 01:05 AM)
Oregano's Avatar

Originally Posted by jj984jj

Looking at this trailer they've brought over most of the environment styles we saw in X. It literally has the same look of X with some new shaders thrown in, I really don't see what people are looking at when they say this.

I do think Monolith needs to work on upping their cinematic and overview presentation at this point, and it was a problem X suffered from as well. They don't really make them look prettier when they zoom the camera out, and things that should be there aren't loaded so you only see rougher textures instead. I'm sure the environments will look better running through them than they do zoomed out as they already do in this footage.

I meant from "a game that appeals to me perspective" not a technological one.
FuttBuck
Member
(09-14-2017, 01:06 AM)
FuttBuck's Avatar
I don't get all the hate I saw in the Nintendo Direct thread? I thought that looked phenomenal, and fans of their work are in for a treat.

That looked to run a whole lot smoother as well, and I can't help but feel they did more with the cel shading? Whatever they did, it worked for sure.
Smasher89
Member
(09-14-2017, 01:07 AM)
Red swordgirl is the aegis mentioned in the trailer, calling it!
Jencks
Junior Member
(09-14-2017, 01:08 AM)

Originally Posted by Smasher89

Red swordgirl is the aegis mentioned in the trailer, calling it!

Yes she is!
TheGreatLugia
Member
(09-14-2017, 01:08 AM)
TheGreatLugia's Avatar
Can anyone translate this page? If auto-translate the Xenoblade 2 twitter account is anything to go by, it might be a message from Takahashi.

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/arti...b7ac45a6d.html
Zemm
Member
(09-14-2017, 01:10 AM)
Zemm's Avatar
I cannot stand the art style of the characters, definetly off putting. The world looks pretty good though and I don't mind the VA, it's different to the same boring American voice actors you hear over and over.
MrBS
Member
(09-14-2017, 01:10 AM)
MrBS's Avatar
No love lost going digital this time, amazon destroyed my Xenoblade X CE. Looks nice though, time to get another pro controller and hope it isn't borked.
TurnipFritters
Member
(09-14-2017, 01:10 AM)
TurnipFritters's Avatar
The movements of the wildlife still looked kind of weird.
Spyder_Monkey
Member
(09-14-2017, 01:11 AM)
Spyder_Monkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by 10k

Y'all didn't wanna believe me.

You got the tag for a reason.
dragn
Member
(09-14-2017, 01:13 AM)
dragn's Avatar
i would get a switch only for this, but not with that main char look+ joke uk voice
Fbh
Member
(09-14-2017, 01:13 AM)
Fbh's Avatar
I should be excited for this since I like the first one.
But few times has terrible character designed killed my hype for a game as much as this.

The girl in particular.
Giant breasts, half naked, looks like a teen. It's like they combined every bad anime cliche into a character.


Did the previous ones sell that badly that they had to go all in on the waifu bait?
EhoaVash
Member
(09-14-2017, 01:13 AM)
EhoaVash's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheGreatLugia

Can anyone translate this page? If auto-translate the Xenoblade 2 twitter account is anything to go by, it might be a message from Takahashi.

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/arti...b7ac45a6d.html


"Finally, upon announcing the release date, we got a message from Mr. Takahiro Takahashi of the monolith software, general director of this work . Please read from viewing the latest video!

Message from Takahashi Tetsuya

That's why we are on sale on December 1.
Currently the production site is a bunch of bugs and final balance adjustment, but it is only a little later. It often happened to run to this point, that it was made (it also grew plentiful plants).

I also checked the whole runs the other day ... The checks of enormous quests and in-game contents are coming soon, but they are honest to say that Kojima (producers) are also watching firmly, so there is no anxiety or worry It is place.

Well, although it is published PV, it is a feeling like introduction of the part of the muscle. Characters and fields are only a part, there are still plenty of characters, fields and fun for Xenoblide 2.


Especially Blade is a must-see. "Ibuki" first appeared this time is Tanaka Kunihiko's design, but since there are various other rare braids, please look forward to it! By the way, the song that was flowing behind when introducing battle is Hiramatsu-kun's "Battle !!". It is mainly a song that takes place in the early field, but this time the battle song changes in the location, situation so please look forward to it!

There is still something I want to tell, but even if I talk too much, I will pull the feet of the promotion so today it is about this. Details are to be released in the future, so please come and join us all until the release date!"
Jim_Cacher
Member
(09-14-2017, 01:22 AM)
Jim_Cacher's Avatar

Originally Posted by EhoaVash

"Finally, upon announcing the release date, we got a message from Mr. Takahiro Takahashi of the monolith software, general director of this work . Please read from viewing the latest video!

Message from Takahashi Tetsuya

That's why we are on sale on December 1.
Currently the production site is a bunch of bugs and final balance adjustment, but it is only a little later. It often happened to run to this point, that it was made (it also grew plentiful plants).

I also checked the whole runs the other day ... The checks of enormous quests and in-game contents are coming soon, but they are honest to say that Kojima (producers) are also watching firmly, so there is no anxiety or worry It is place.

Well, although it is published PV, it is a feeling like introduction of the part of the muscle. Characters and fields are only a part, there are still plenty of characters, fields and fun for Xenoblide 2.


Especially Blade is a must-see. "Ibuki" first appeared this time is Tanaka Kunihiko's design, but since there are various other rare braids, please look forward to it! By the way, the song that was flowing behind when introducing battle is Hiramatsu-kun's "Battle !!". It is mainly a song that takes place in the early field, but this time the battle song changes in the location, situation so please look forward to it!

There is still something I want to tell, but even if I talk too much, I will pull the feet of the promotion so today it is about this. Details are to be released in the future, so please come and join us all until the release date!"

Different battle theme according to locations. Wow.
X2X0
Junior Member
(09-14-2017, 01:23 AM)
X2X0's Avatar

Originally Posted by EhoaVash

"Finally, upon announcing the release date, we got a message from Mr. Takahiro Takahashi of the monolith software, general director of this work . Please read from viewing the latest video!

Message from Takahashi Tetsuya

That's why we are on sale on December 1.
Currently the production site is a bunch of bugs and final balance adjustment, but it is only a little later. It often happened to run to this point, that it was made (it also grew plentiful plants).

I also checked the whole runs the other day ... The checks of enormous quests and in-game contents are coming soon, but they are honest to say that Kojima (producers) are also watching firmly, so there is no anxiety or worry It is place.

Well, although it is published PV, it is a feeling like introduction of the part of the muscle. Characters and fields are only a part, there are still plenty of characters, fields and fun for Xenoblide 2.


Especially Blade is a must-see. "Ibuki" first appeared this time is Tanaka Kunihiko's design, but since there are various other rare braids, please look forward to it! By the way, the song that was flowing behind when introducing battle is Hiramatsu-kun's "Battle !!". It is mainly a song that takes place in the early field, but this time the battle song changes in the location, situation so please look forward to it!

There is still something I want to tell, but even if I talk too much, I will pull the feet of the promotion so today it is about this. Details are to be released in the future, so please come and join us all until the release date!"

Nice!
Although I wouldn't mind a main battle theme :)
massoluk
Member
(09-14-2017, 01:25 AM)
massoluk's Avatar
Monolith doesn't fuck around, they don't know how to do small game.
muteki
Member
(09-14-2017, 01:25 AM)
muteki's Avatar
At least I don't feel tempted by that by-the-numbers LE.
Diablos54
Member
(09-14-2017, 01:25 AM)
Diablos54's Avatar
Well I know what I want for Christmas then! 😂
Usobuko
Member
(09-14-2017, 01:26 AM)
Usobuko's Avatar
LE looks nice, be it US or EU.
NegativeCero
Member
(09-14-2017, 01:26 AM)
NegativeCero's Avatar
I'm all in for that LE.

Thread Tools