• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Dizastah
(09-14-2017, 01:40 AM)
Good Lord that looks amazing.
OG_Original Gamer
(09-14-2017, 01:44 AM)
I get a Mario 64 vibe from this, that sense of amazement.
FantasticMrFoxdie
Mumber
(09-14-2017, 01:45 AM)
mother of god

game looks incredible

thats a GOTY right there
Kyzer
RIP to Harambe, the gorilla who died
(09-14-2017, 01:47 AM)

Originally Posted by Currygan

Leaked footage of Mario Odyssey's planning and development team meetup

The only way this was possible

This game is going to be massive.
MemoryHumanity
(09-14-2017, 01:47 AM)
GOTY.
EleventhHourSuperpower
EleventhHourPlagiarism
(09-14-2017, 01:48 AM)
This is the true sequel to Super Mario 64.
Undead Fantasy
(09-14-2017, 01:50 AM)

Originally Posted by EleventhHourSuperpower

This is the true sequel to Super Mario 64.

ridley182
aka Mister Chef
(09-14-2017, 01:51 AM)

Originally Posted by StrangeRoboMemory

Game continues to look amazing, the capturing enemies mechanic is so wild.

Wait a minute...

"Capturing enemies"

Capturing enemies

Cap turing

Which came first, the cap throwing mechanic or the enemy capturing mechanic...was it "Hey, we want to have the player capture enemies, let's give Mario a cap to throw" or was it "Mario has this cap he can throw, what if he throws it at enemies and captures them"?

The official name of the ability is called Cap-ture I believe. It... took me a while.
Honorio

Originally Posted by BanjoLayleeYookaKazooie

I can fully agree on the sense of scale, ambition and newness (can't really sum up that point in a word basically yes a lot of what comprised 3D World was seen before) but IMO that game was top notch from start to finish. I'm almost frothing at the mouth for this game and even I wouldn't say for certain what I've seen amounts to a better 3D Mario platformer than 3D World.

I understand those comments in relation to SS-BoTW (even though I like SS) but I ain't gonna let 3D World be so easily forgotten no matter how good this game is.

I also respect your opinion if you disagree but I just loved 3D World.

i love SS and sm3dw.
HeisenbergLannister
I wonder if we'll end up getting an eShop spin-off of just old school Donkey Kong levels using this engine and assets.
bionic77
Please, don't ask ME about Michael Jordan!
This game has an insane amount of creativity and polish in it.
Spyder_Monkey
(09-14-2017, 01:52 AM)
We don't deserve this game.
spad3
(09-14-2017, 01:56 AM)
This might be GOAT.

Like holy crap there's so much to do. So many locales, so many Moons. The actual moon itself.

I'm expecting an open-world Mushroom Kingdom with all the main locations from the classic Mario Games to be explorable (including Peach's Castle and Bowser's Castle @ endgame).

Hats off { ;) } to the programmers and animators that had to make EVERYTHING interactive and able to be possessed by Cappy. The amount of experimentation, the amount of powers that you get as Mario is INSANE. Almost every enemy, object, npc is interactive. Kingdoms are huge and teeming with adventure and power-ups. TONS and TONS of power-ups. To put this into perspective, this game has more "power-ups" for Mario than every imaginable power-up in the previous 20+ years that Mario has ever gotten in all of his platforming adventures combined.

THAT IS INSANE.

That world-view map was amazing. I'd imagine like what? 12-15 Kingdoms total?

We know about these 10:

Cap - Bonneton
Cascade - Fossil Falls
Lake - Lake Lamode
Luncheon - Mount Volbono
Metro - New Donk City
Mushroom - Mushroom Kingdom will probably have at least Peach's Castle, and then Bowser's for the End Game.
Sand - Tostarena
Seaside - Bubblaine
Snow - Shiveria
Wooded - Steam Gardens

But I'd imagine the Moon has 1 or 2 spots on it at least, plus another 2-3 they haven't shown yet. Idk. Regardless, with what they've already shown, it's a lot of content.

This is going to be one of the biggest games of all time. Easily.

Nintendo might have just won 2017 as a whole. I don't think I have ever seen a console launch as epic and top-notch as the Switch.

October 27 cannot be here fast enough.

ALL ABOARD HYPE-LOOP EVERYONE. HYPE TRAIN TOO SLOW FOR THIS ONE.

pixelation
(09-14-2017, 01:59 AM)
The game looks awesome and i really wanna play it, the creepy/cringe inducing guy at the beginning and end of the video is not cool though. I skipped him to get to the actual gameplay and ended the video once he returned. I guess he's cool in the Nintendo bubble.
Honorio
(09-14-2017, 02:00 AM)

Originally Posted by pixelation

The game looks awesome and i really wanna play it, the creepy/cringe inducing guy at the beginning and end of the video is not cool though. I skipped him to get to the actual gameplay and ended the video once he returned. I guess he's cool in the Nintendo bubble.

you mean the producer of the game?
reelbigtink
(09-14-2017, 02:01 AM)

This is one cynical post. Koizumi is great.
Dark Cloud
(09-14-2017, 02:01 AM)

Koizumi?...
ShockingAlberto
(09-14-2017, 02:02 AM)

...Koizumi?

Are we just shittalking developers for fun now
Glassboy

Yo, Koizumi is a legend. Show some respect
Bamboo 竹

Booooo to you. Koizumi is the best and I'm glad he's preserving Iwata's legacy on the way of making the Directs.
(mat)
(09-14-2017, 02:03 AM)

Originally Posted by phanphare

GUYS THE DOG IS ALSO WEARING A LITTLE HAT
crisdecuba
(09-14-2017, 02:03 AM)

? He's the producer of the awesome game you really want to play.
Wamb0wneD
(09-14-2017, 02:04 AM)

What the hell was creepy/cringy about him? Without him you wouldn't get this game. Not even to speak of Z targeting in any game since Ocarina of Time or the entirety of Majoras Mask. Smh.
Last edited by Wamb0wneD; 09-14-2017 at 02:09 AM.
bede-x
(09-14-2017, 02:04 AM)
Looks fantastic and it's great to see so many new kinds of environments.
reelbigtink
(09-14-2017, 02:06 AM)
It bums me out that a developer having a little fun is frowned on by some people.
GodlyTwins
(09-14-2017, 02:06 AM)
Damn, that trailer was wonderful. The initial trailer for the game did not interest me at all, but this one showed everything I wanted from the game!

brb buying a Switch
KratosEnergyDrink
Banned
(09-14-2017, 02:07 AM)

Wow thats just dumb. The new low post of the week.
BizzyBum
(09-14-2017, 02:15 AM)
Yikes, I just realized Destiny 2 PC is releasing 3 days before Mario Odyssey.

Sorry Destiny, you'll be on the back burner for 2017 it seems.
TheCongressman1
(09-14-2017, 02:16 AM)
It's amazing to see how much detail there is in this game. I was hopeful that the capture mechanic would be fleshed out rather than just being a cute novelty, and it really looks like it is. There's so many things you can do. I'm very impressed.

Compared to BotW, this game seems to blow it out of the water in terms of variety.
il Diavolo
(09-14-2017, 02:17 AM)
perfection
Pinky
(09-14-2017, 02:18 AM)

kirbyfan407
(09-14-2017, 02:19 AM)

Originally Posted by TheCongressman1

It's amazing to see how much detail there is in this game. I was hopeful that the capture mechanic would be fleshed out rather than just being a cute novelty, and it really looks like it is. There's so many things you can do. I'm very impressed.

Compared to BotW, this game seems to blow it out of the water in terms of variety.

Given that the 3D Mario and Zelda teams consistently produce Nintendo's best received titles among critics, I wonder if they have a friendly internal rivalry.
KiN0
(09-14-2017, 02:22 AM)

Originally Posted by kirbyfan407

Given that the 3D Mario and Zelda teams consistently produce Nintendo's best received titles among critics, I wonder if they have a friendly internal rivalry.

An interviewer asked koizumi that same question and he said that everyone gets along well. Plus, he manages both teams so he gets to enjoy praise for all their games.
Takat
(09-14-2017, 02:23 AM)
And I have to say I LOVE the clean UI and look.

This game can't come soon enough, and it's only a month and a half away. yey!
Drain You
(09-14-2017, 02:24 AM)
I can't believe how incredible this looks. Last console Mario I really liked was Sunshine. All these worlds look great and it seems there is just so much to explore everywhere. Loving the outfits too.
Skel1ingt0n
I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
(09-14-2017, 02:25 AM)
I can't believe I'm saying this - because I believe Zelda is an industry-definining, watershed moment for gaming; easily among the ranks of Pong, Tetris, SMB, Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, GTA, etc. It's unquestionably a 10/10 and should be the most obvious slam-dunk for GOTY in years.

Mario looks like it could be better...
Da-Kid
(09-14-2017, 02:25 AM)
Time to pre-order.
Takat
(09-14-2017, 02:28 AM)
Also, maybe I'm wrong, but it seems you can only throw your hat at things that don't have a hat. Like you won't be able to capture the dog with the hat, or Toad.
BizzyBum
(09-14-2017, 02:30 AM)

Originally Posted by Skel1ingt0n

I can't believe I'm saying this - because I believe Zelda is an industry-definining, watershed moment for gaming; easily among the ranks of Pong, Tetris, SMB, Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, GTA, etc. It's unquestionably a 10/10 and should be the most obvious slam-dunk for GOTY in years.

Mario looks like it could be better...

This looks like it will already surpass Galaxy for me which I didn't think was possible. Hell, this might be my GOAT over Witcher 3 when all is said and done.
Magicpaint
(09-14-2017, 02:30 AM)
So so glad Sandbox 3D Mario is back.

Looks joyful.
Haines
(09-14-2017, 02:31 AM)
This looks like the best Mario yet.
Gleethor
(09-14-2017, 02:32 AM)
Nintendo embracing photo mode is a wonderful sign for the future
Dmax3901
(09-14-2017, 02:37 AM)
Can anyone tell me if they regret watching this one?
ThisIsMyDogKyle
(09-14-2017, 02:38 AM)

Originally Posted by Dmax3901

if you don't want to know much it does show a LOT of stuff, much of which is new.
DTC
(09-14-2017, 02:39 AM)
i really think this is going to be my favorite mario game ever. it's just so amazing.
AcademicSaucer
(09-14-2017, 02:39 AM)

Originally Posted by decoyplatypus

I'm so sorry.

I forgive you
Honorio
(09-14-2017, 02:40 AM)

Originally Posted by Dmax3901

yes, don't watch if you are in the dark
TheGreatMightyPoo
(09-14-2017, 02:42 AM)

Originally Posted by reelbigtink

It bums me out that a developer having a little fun is frowned on by some people.

They are so edgy.
FantasticMrFoxdie
Mumber
(09-14-2017, 02:43 AM)
I'm already looking forward to speedrunners on this lol
OrbitalBeard
(09-14-2017, 02:48 AM)

I am very intrigued by this.