• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Aaronrules380
(09-14-2017, 01:22 AM)
As was announced in today's direct, you can now download the demo of Etrian Odyssey V from the 3DS eshop. From the press release

The demo lets prospective explorers create whatever party their heart desires (every character and class is available) in order to get a head start on all the map-making and FOE-escaping Etrian action. Although the level caps at 10 and the tree can only be explored up until the third floor, parties and progress transfer to the main game when it comes out. There's no reason to dillydally! Download the demo at the Nintendo eShop today and get a head start on discovering some glorious treasure.

EO games are great Dungeon Crawling RPGs so I encourage people to check it out
Unicorn
(09-14-2017, 01:24 AM)
Oh man what a great fucking year for 3ds. err... Nintendo!
patrickthehedgehog
(09-14-2017, 01:25 AM)
Octopath and EOV today? I don't have enough hands or eyeballs.
Dandy Crocodile
(09-14-2017, 01:27 AM)
Time to put a solid 10 hours into this, maxing all I can before the game launches.
Aaronrules380
(09-14-2017, 01:28 AM)
Extra note: It seems like Nintendo didn't make it easy to find on the eshop, you'll have to search Etrian Odyssey V yourself to find the game's eshop page then download the demo from there. Hope they fix this
spiritfox
(09-14-2017, 01:28 AM)
Yay.

Too bad I left for work already.
KarmaCow
(09-14-2017, 01:31 AM)

Originally Posted by Aaronrules380

Extra note: It seems like Nintendo didn't make it easy to find on the eshop, you'll have to search Etrian Odyssey V yourself to find the game's eshop page then download the demo from there. Hope they fix this

Thanks, searching for etrian by itself didn't bring it up. Hopefully this is the last time I ever need to touch the 3DS eshop, what a dumpster fire.
PK Gaming
(09-14-2017, 01:34 AM)
Where though

:)

:(

EDIT: Thanks Aaron
Opa-Pa
(09-14-2017, 01:35 AM)

Originally Posted by Aaronrules380

Thanks for this, I tried searching Etrian alone and there was nothing new lol.
SliceSabre
Banned
(09-14-2017, 01:35 AM)

Originally Posted by PK Gaming

Where though

:)

:(

I had to search for 'etrian' and it was the last item on the list.
Aaronrules380
(09-14-2017, 01:37 AM)
Alternative option: Here's a link to the eshop website page. You can use your nintendo account to download it from here

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail...d-the-myth-3ds
Rutger
Banned
(09-14-2017, 01:38 AM)
I'm gonna be stuck in character customization for a long time, haha.
I'm really happy this was finally added.
Dandy Crocodile
(09-14-2017, 01:40 AM)
Party creation is harder than ever. Too many choices!

Finally hearing the confirmation tone again after waiting so long was like coming home.
Mattakuevan
(09-14-2017, 01:43 AM)
Yay! Downloading.

I always love their demos since you actually get a headstart on the game itself.
KarmaCow
(09-14-2017, 01:46 AM)

Originally Posted by Rutger

I'm gonna be stuck in character customization for a long time, haha.
I'm really happy this was finally added.

Yea this really put the brakes on my Metroid II and AM2R playthroughs before Metroid 2: Samus Returns comes out. I'm going to spend way too much time theorycrafting a party.
Gitaroo
(09-14-2017, 01:47 AM)
Time to dust off my switch
KarmaCow
(09-14-2017, 01:49 AM)

Originally Posted by Gitaroo

Time to dust off my switch

But it's a 3DS game?
Dragoon En Regalia
(09-14-2017, 01:50 AM)
Only gonna play for a little bit since I'm fresh off EO Untold and need to get IV when it's on sale again, but I'm excited to try the new UI and character creation. I wish you could listen to FM-synth tracks too even though it's regular DLC.
Rutger
Banned
(09-14-2017, 02:04 AM)

Originally Posted by KarmaCow

Yea this really put the brakes on my Metroid II and AM2R playthroughs before Metroid 2: Samus Returns comes out. I'm going to spend way too much time theorycrafting a party.

After EOIV went for a bit more basic classes, it's nice to have some more creative classes like in EOIII. I'm just looking through the skill lists right now and not sure where I'll go yet.

Being able to change the looks of the characters is just going to make me take more time, haha.
Dragoon En Regalia
(09-14-2017, 02:07 AM)
Is the demo hanging for anyone while creating new system data or is it just me? I restarted a minute ago, down to 29 uses, and now it's still either hanging or taking who knows how long.

Wait...never mind, Atlus decided the continue prompt in text boxes has to be this animated flower, petals fading in and out, which looks more like a loading indicator. I hope (and can assume) the text localization's far better than this.
zashga
(09-14-2017, 02:20 AM)
I would totally download this if my 3DS SD card wasn't totally full. The wait for the full game continues for just a little bit longer...
Chaos17
(09-14-2017, 02:22 AM)
Gonna d/l this tomorow can't wait!
Queen Vulpix
(09-14-2017, 02:23 AM)
Really excited for this game! Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl was my very first entry into the series/dungeon crawlers (adore making the maps, it's so fun and unique experience for me) in general and I've been hocked since getting ever single EO released since then. Will download this demo a bit later and it shall be my birthday gift to myself!
eefara
(09-14-2017, 02:26 AM)
I don't suppose we've heard whether demo data transfers to the full game, have we?
Sophia
(09-14-2017, 02:27 AM)
Is it just me, or is this game insanely hard even by Etrian Odyssey standards? I don't recall the previous games having enemies do half my HP or more in a single attack off the first battle on the game's easiest difficult. >_<;

Originally Posted by eefara

I don't suppose we've heard whether demo data transfers to the full game, have we?

It transfers.
E_Darkness
(09-14-2017, 02:30 AM)
Hour 1: Still trying to make a party
Gitaroo
(09-14-2017, 02:33 AM)

Originally Posted by KarmaCow

But it's a 3DS game?

Oh, already dusted off 3ds for metroid yesterday.
Althane
(09-14-2017, 02:37 AM)
I saw this topic and immediately dug my 3DS out of whatever damned moving box it was in, plugged it in, and connected it to my network.

So. Pumped!
SciencePilot
(09-14-2017, 02:42 AM)
Really? Guess I'll be playing demos for the next few days... and Samus Returns. Kind of an odd combo, but I dig it.
plutoknight
(09-14-2017, 02:43 AM)
Downloaded.

Didn't spend a lot of time in character creator because I know I'll just restart anyway but that looks cool.

I did idle for 20 minutes in town though for that music.
spiritfox
(09-14-2017, 02:54 AM)
Are all the voices in?
Sophia
(09-14-2017, 02:55 AM)

Originally Posted by spiritfox

Are all the voices in?

There were a ton of voice options for character creation, yeah. Some of the NPCs also had voiced dialogue too.
tuffy
(09-14-2017, 02:56 AM)

Are all the voices in?

40 per character, it looks like. I left them off though, because it'd seem weird.
Nachos
(09-14-2017, 03:13 AM)

Are all the voices in?

Yeah, and there's surprisingly little actor reuse. As far as I can tell, no actor voices more than 2 of the voice options.
Jhoan
(09-14-2017, 03:18 AM)
Never played an EO game before so I downloaded the demos for V and the older games. The CRPG/make your own map ala DnD always scared me away so I'm curious to see what it's like.
Brannon
Ladies! On my signal,
unleash boobs.
(09-14-2017, 03:20 AM)
Nintendo is giving us too much.

Those are words I never thought I'd type but fuck it.
Dandy Crocodile
(09-14-2017, 03:22 AM)

Originally Posted by Jhoan

Never played an EO game before so I downloaded the demos for V and the older games. The CRPG/make your own map ala DnD always scared me away so I'm curious to see what it's like.

If you don't like mapping you can always toggle automap to do it for you!
spiritfox
(09-14-2017, 03:24 AM)

Originally Posted by Nachos

Yeah, and there's surprisingly little actor reuse. As far as I can tell, no actor voices more than 2 of the voice options.

Is Matt Mercer in

I need some Matt Mercer
jonjonaug
(09-14-2017, 03:25 AM)

Originally Posted by Sophia

Is it just me, or is this game insanely hard even by Etrian Odyssey standards? I don't recall the previous games having enemies do half my HP or more in a single attack off the first battle on the game's easiest difficult. >_<;

It transfers.

First couple floors are always murdertown, it'll probably get easier as it goes along a little.
Man God
Non-Canon Member
(09-14-2017, 03:26 AM)
EO IV is one of the best demos ever made, even though I'm not the world's biggest fan of the complete game.
drangleic tourism
(09-14-2017, 03:27 AM)
30 uses of the demo...I really hate trial versions with a limited amount of tries.
Sophia
(09-14-2017, 03:31 AM)

Originally Posted by jonjonaug

First couple floors are always murdertown, it'll probably get easier as it goes along a little.

Eh, I don't remember previous EO games being this brutal off the bat. Either way, it's getting easier so I kind of regret lowering the difficulty now.
Etrian Oddity
(09-14-2017, 03:34 AM)

Originally Posted by tuffy

40 per character, it looks like. I left them off though, because it'd seem weird.

no way am I using voices, lol
Man God
Non-Canon Member
(09-14-2017, 03:35 AM)

Originally Posted by Sophia

Eh, I don't remember previous EO games being this brutal off the bat. Either way, it's getting easier so I kind of regret lowering the difficulty now.

The first floor of EO is a death trap. Any back encounter is likely to kill most of your party before you can run.

The first floor in EO2? MIGHT BE EVEN HARDER THAN THAT.
MegaMelon
(09-14-2017, 03:39 AM)
This smug turtle oh my God.
Nachos
(09-14-2017, 03:40 AM)

Is Matt Mercer in

I need some Matt Mercer

Nope, but you've got DC Douglas/Wesker voicing Egar.
spiritfox
(09-14-2017, 03:42 AM)

Originally Posted by Nachos

Nope, but you've got DC Douglas/Wesker voicing Egar.

Noooo

Purchase cancelled

Nah still buying
Hyoukokun
(09-14-2017, 03:43 AM)
My 3DS is at home and I am not. Grrr.

(I was hoping for a Stardew Valley release date from the Direct tonight, but I'll take this too.)
MrDoctor
(09-14-2017, 03:45 AM)
so they did reuse actors? nearly every female voice is exactly the same
Nachos
(09-14-2017, 05:22 AM)

Originally Posted by MrDoctor

so they did reuse actors? nearly every female voice is exactly the same

They did, but it doesn't seem like any actor voiced more than two options. Honestly, the female voices feel pretty distinct to me, even if the reads are a bit off at times. The male voices sound way more samey or, at least, it's easier to tell which options come from the same actor.