• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
For PC users who requested transfers today heed this i have sent friend requests to everyone who has joined the team today with a transfer request, if you do not accept and talk to me (several are online now) confirming you know what the hell gaf is you will be removed from the club, we have alot of transfers from people with no gaf friends and names i do not recognise either from the pc list or from gaf in general, im starting to think we came up high on a search engine or something. If you are removed you can always request to come back to the club, but again i need to know that you are on gaf.

Online is being a bit patchy for me - much quicker at finding games but quite laggy.

Any way to speed up players running towards a loose ball? At times it feels like they're simply waiting on the spot for the ball to roll slowly towards them, would be nice if I could try and recieve the ball a bit quicker.

Blablurn

Online is being a bit patchy for me - much quicker at finding games but quite laggy.

Any way to speed up players running towards a loose ball? At times it feels like they're simply waiting on the spot for the ball to roll slowly towards them, would be nice if I could try and recieve the ball a bit quicker.

had some lag problems too. not always but frequently :(

btw, online in general seems slower to offline. or is this just me.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
ah Blaburn i thought i recognised you, i accepted your transfer request to the pc club this morning

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I've only played Clubs and the Drop In Match thing and had no lag yet. A few dropped connections before kick off but nothing during the game.

I love new Clubs, AI seems much much better. No hacked pros is awesome and Season's is a brilliant change, gives the whole thing a sense of purpose and engagement and hopefully helps in terms of matchmaking and helping you play against teams of a similar level. It seems harder to score so you have to play better as a team, but also when you concede it's usually because the other team earned it - which I felt was rarely the case in FIFA 12. Of course this could change once people are walking around with world class Pros.

Only downside is the server based Pro's seem to lose stats and accomplishments. My stats from page to page don't match up, and I've lost accomplishments from people quitting games etc. but I'll take it given there's no hackers. I think leveling pro's is going to be ALOT harder now. I used to love having almost everything I do in the game effect my Pro so it's a bit sad that that's now relegated to only club mode.

but all in all I love it, feels like a much tighter package, things are better thought out and presented. Skill Games, game of the week, the online integration etc.

thumbs up.

But one thing - I still don't know how headers work and there's no skill game/training mode that explains it! Infuriating!

moai

is there an easy way to mute people on team play? i cant stand this idiots that play their dance music or the ones that have their tv volume so high i can hear the commentary through them. since the name of the player may not be their Gt i cant identify who is doing this.

Mr Cola

pc gaf a few of us are going to try some clubs online after the chelsea arsenal game, so in about 15 minutes if anyone else wants to join in

Mr Cola

Hey PC gaf how is the online community looking? How many people online atm?

we had 8-9 last night with a squad of about 15 so far, great games when everyone was on last night we really started to click as a team. I cant vouch for how thats going to continue but we played 20 games yesterday with 2 promotions and a fuckload of fun. We also have a mumble server where we voice ingame which was very active too.

Mr Cola

Does the PC version look any better or is it just a straight console port?

There are more options to improve the quality but id hesitate to say it looked vastly better, its feature identical to the console versions

BlankaBR

Banned
I wish they had a solution for quitters during online matches, out of 6 matches I was playing, 3 losers disconected close to the end of the game, pisses me off

Mr Cola

we are currently about to start pc online clubs div 8 with 5 people, anyoen else is welcome to join, we will be playing alot this evening aswell i imagine when quiche gets back and blaburn gets on, so probably around 8-9pm gmt start

«þ»

Picked up the Vita version. Yeah, I know it's a slack effort by EA from all reports but I didn't have the original so i'm still reasonably happy with the good portable soccer fix.

There's about 400 players online on Vita right now. How does that compare to the other platforms/the original FIFA Vita? Probably not well, i'm guessing.

Is there a FIFA 13 Vita community here? :p

Linius

Damn. I started to play some seasons games. Lost two games and then drawed. The fourth finally went all the way for me and I got a 3-0 lead after 25 minutes and my opponent quits. Hate those guys. Can't even upload my awesome goal now :(

I think so, yeah. Same thing in 12.

If someone quits before the 10 minute mark or so it doesnt count as a win..same thing happened in 12. I've scored in the first 2-5 minutes (gameclock) and the person quit, i get back to the menu and its like the game never happened. Everytime i score early im like "dont quit, dont quit..ahhh he quit"

Kiraly

Can you make that announcer shut the fuck up during career mode when he is listing all the scores of the weekend? I just want to listen to some music goddamn

BlankaBR

Banned
If someone quits before the 10 minute mark or so it doesnt count as a win..same thing happened in 12. I've scored in the first 2-5 minutes (gameclock) and the person quit, i get back to the menu and its like the game never happened. Everytime i score early im like "dont quit, dont quit..ahhh he quit"
I have a nasty message saved for quiters...

kingslunk

What I hate most about this game is this:

I do something which leads to the opposing teams goalie kick he kicks it down the middle somehow 2 of his players are there in perfect set up to get the ball with no opposition where I just have 1 player covering 2 and he just passes it forward and gets the goal.

95% of the goals scored on me online is due to this. How do I stop this shit?

confuziz

Banned

It's exactly 5 mins gametime, but you're right yes.

Detox

So when are they going to grow brains and add a party system like every other game on consoles. I just want to party up with however many friends I got and search a game.

Mr Cola

So when are they going to grow brains and add a party system like every other game on consoles. I just want to party up with however many friends I got and search a game.

organising and inviting people to clubs on pc is also way too much hassle, there is no "invite current online members" no "invite to game" from friends list, you literally have to message everyone on your friends list and ask them if they want to play. 2012 pc version of a game.

iNvid02

won my first two seasons games 3-1 and 2-0

game feels really quick, and has some online problems as well, but still very pleased with it

Omiee

we had 8-9 last night with a squad of about 15 so far, great games when everyone was on last night we really started to click as a team. I cant vouch for how thats going to continue but we played 20 games yesterday with 2 promotions and a fuckload of fun. We also have a mumble server where we voice ingame which was very active too.

man i wanna join as well. i currently have it on the ps3.

i might just buy it again for pc.

Joates

Banned
EA can choke on a dick. Is it too much to ask to just be able to play an online game when I want (like any other fucking game)?

iFootball

man i wanna join as well. i currently have it on the ps3.

i might just buy it again for pc.
We got a club going on PS3 , you can join of course!!.. Sorry I can't share the link as I'm on my mobile, but I'm sure you'll find it in the gaming community section...

What I hate most about this game is this:

I do something which leads to the opposing teams goalie kick he kicks it down the middle somehow 2 of his players are there in perfect set up to get the ball with no opposition where I just have 1 player covering 2 and he just passes it forward and gets the goal.

95% of the goals scored on me online is due to this. How do I stop this shit?

Yeah, it's always been like this and its massively retarded. I usually jusy try to A pass to the farthest left or right defender from goalie.

Linius

Just got my first division title in seasons. It's way more fun than old school head to head ranked games like in FIFA 11. Feels like I'm rewarded more for the same thing or something :p

Detox

organising and inviting people to clubs on pc is also way too much hassle, there is no "invite current online members" no "invite to game" from friends list, you literally have to message everyone on your friends list and ask them if they want to play. 2012 pc version of a game.
I'm actually playing on PC but just mentioned consoles because the PC version seems to be the console version with no extra effort and I doubt they ever will put work into it to take advantage of the PC. I agree the game seems to have weird guidelines in regards to which games allow invites. There is also no text chat in the match lobby just to communicate with opponents. What is weird is they definitely can match as a party due to the way the pro club season works but they don't let you do that when you want to play with normal clubs. Another annoying thing is the selection in the lobbies section keeps moving on its own so when I'm just about to select a lobby e.g. 2v2 the selection would scroll down or up to something else. Despite these issues keeping a solid 200-250 fps feels good.

Kikarian

About 5 players pulled up with 'Cramp'. It's really ruining ultimate team for me. It also happens a lot in Career mode. I thought this was going to be fixed?

Top Bottom