• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Re: the title, is the game even remotely playable using tilt controls? I haven't really tried in this game but sounds like it would be bad, it was quite bad on the Wii version.

Yeah, I'm having loads of fun with tilt controls using the gamepad. Working through 3-starring the 150 cc cups, and consistently doing well online. When I am not competitive it's because I lost the Obliterated By Items Lottery in that race, not because of fundamentally sloppy handling.

Though I also don't remember having any problem getting tilt controls to work in the wii version either.

Hey guys, I'd love to get in on the tournaments but my gamepad is broken so it won't let me input the code for it. Could some of you guys add me (JambiSun) so maybe I can join that way? I'd really appreciate it!

Acerac

Banned
Ooh, we're doing best/worst lists? I'ma throw mine in.

Top 5:
1: Mount Wario
2: Thwomp Ruins
3: Shy Guy Falls
4: Cloudtop Cruise
5: Toad's Turnpike

Bottom 5:
1: Sherbet Land
2: Cheep Cheep Beach
3: Pirahna Plant Slide
4: Sweet Sweet Canyon
5: Dry Dry Desert

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Well, I only care about looks so Daisy on Sports Bike with Sponge Wheels look like they'll be my permanent lineup.

Woffls

Well the thread is our personal chatting service apparently
It's basically IRC for the race tourney. Probably why it's apparently the first OT2 for a Nintendo title? I'm still not convinced about that one, but I'm sure it's the quickest.

Cross post

Top 5 favorites:

1. Shy Guy Falls
2. Electrodome
3. Toad Harbor
4. Sunshine Airport
5. Rainbow Road

Top 5 least favorites:

1. Toad's Turnpike
2. Music Park
3. Thwomp Ruins
4. Moo Moo Meadows
5. Mount Wario

What the hell man, do you just hate fun?? :p

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
OT2: Lies, damned lies, and statistics!

Timeaisis

Cross post

Top 5 favorites:

1. Shy Guy Falls
2. Electrodome
3. Toad Harbor
4. Sunshine Airport
5. Rainbow Road

Top 5 least favorites:

1. Toad's Turnpike
2. Music Park
3. Thwomp Ruins
4. Moo Moo Meadows
5. Mount Wario

I completely disagree with your bottom 3, but at least we can agree that Shy Guy Falls is the shit.

It's basically IRC for the race tourney. Probably why it's apparently the first OT2 for a Nintendo title? I'm still not convinced about that one, but I'm sure it's the quickest.

What? No way. Pokemon alone made it to at least 3. Maaaaaybe for a wiiu exclusive? IDK.

Nintendo title, probably not. Wii U title, much more likely.

I as having some weird lag issues yesterday so hopefully I can play some tonight.

Luigi Kart 8 |OT2| 8 ʇɹɐʞ oᴉɹɐW

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| Luigi Strikes Back

ec3f1ccdae49204e90e6b56f57b75a3b.gif

kuppy

Well, I only care about looks so Daisy on Sports Bike with Sponge Wheels look like they'll be my permanent lineup.
Also only concerned about the looks, so that would be matching color theme and design (round to round etc.) plus some extra (paraglider).

What should I even care about in the statistics?
My speed stat is pretty low but my acceleration is up there and I'm a featherweight.

Top 5 Tracks:

1. Toad Harbor
selected too much though
2. Donut Plains 3
SMK was my most played until 8
3. Moo Moo Meadows
see Toad Harbor
4. Music Park
hated at first but it's so much fun!
5. Cloudtop Cruise
I suck at this one but I really like it

Bottom 5 Tracks: