• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Aren't OTs supposed to come out the day a game gets released?

15286312089_beb6e0ce84_o.png

benzy

Wasn't Rushy supposed to announce the official release date for weather and such during the launch week? I guess with the server problems they delayed everything.

Fatal Error

Neo Member
I am assuming thats because the servers are still slow? I would imagine that wont be the case when everything is running as planned. At least I hope it isn't. You can also turn them off.

yes maybe because the servers are still slow, the first time I got it, it appeared suddenly, but then it was available for the rest of the laps, so I assume it should load at the start of the race.

Played for hours tonight. Even with the online problems, it's beyond me how this game could have been rated anything less than 8/10. It has a few issues here and there, but it's just such a blast to play. The sense of speed if overwhelming sometimes.

Played for hours tonight. Even with the online problems, it's beyond me how this game could have been rated anything less than 8/10. It has a few issues here and there, but it's just such a blast to play. The sense of speed if overwhelming sometimes.

With online working 100% it would've definitely deserved an 8 and with weather I'd go as far as saying a 9. The basics/main part of the game (driving) is done so right.

In my opinion of course, not normally being that into racing games.

With online working 100% it would've definitely deserved an 8 and with weather I'd go as far as saying a 9. The basics/main part of the game (driving) is done so right.

In my opinion of course, not normally being that into racing games.

Agreed. I'm not a racing fan at all (well, I guess now I am). The core gameplay is damn fun. While the tour mode has me frustrated, I'll usually go off to a single race or time trial and spend a whole hell of a lot of time there. I'm really curious to see how the online racing will be once the weather hits. If it's bumper mania now holy hell it's gonna be something else soon.

Leunam

Clean driving and good battles followed by getting divebombed into a wall at the last corner. :/

At least I'm finally online!

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Couldn't download the update, so today is the first morning all week that I haven't been able to play Driveclub before going to work. :(

Got my preorder bonuses last night, but couldn't download the new patch.

Also still have an issue with remote play being smaller than my Vita screen. Checked the settings on the PS4

IMG20141016054451.jpg

Bars go right to the edge of my TV, remote play while in the PS4 OS seems fine and even while loading the game as shown by the alert popping up and hitting the edge

IMG20141016055400.jpg

IMG20141016055423.jpg

But once the game gets going it's back to a black border.

IMG20141016055452.jpg

Ideas?

I am based in Europe, so I don't know if this will work in the States, but I was able to download the patch by just insisting. I pressed download, got an error, repeated like 20 times and finally it started downloading. I know at least 2 other people who have downloaded the patch through this method.

T-0800

I am based in Europe, so I don't know if this will work in the States, but I was able to download the patch by just insisting. I pressed download, got an error, repeated like 20 times and finally it started downloading. I know at least 2 other people who have downloaded the patch through this method.

Didn't work for me. Must have tried that at least 30 times.

hamchan

Huh. I think I just understood drifting while practicing to get the final few stars on the tour. Instead of just tapping the handbrake while going into the turn and then trying to adjust by throttling gas, I just hold down the handbrake until I get the right angle, and then go full on the gas. Got 9694 on Marussia Drift event when I was getting 4-5k previously.

EDIT: Um yeah, just beat the All Britain Drift in 2 goes. Definitely got this down.

Lemondish

Well, polygon just changed their review to a 5. I think they found out it was a PS4 exclusive.

I kid?

Dat feeling when you nail that turn that's been hounding you...so good.
Mmmhmmm. Chile is my latest teacher. The long point to points seem simpler than they are, but its the smaller courses that can really make you work for every last degree of turn-in and ounce of speed.

So much to learn.

And yeah, it was cool to see some face-offs on track, even if I did ignore most of them.

hamchan

And that's the Pagani Drift down....

224/225 stars.

Just need the top time on the Venom hot lap and then I'm done.

Kojaq

And that's the Pagani Drift down....

224/225 stars.

Just need the top time on the Venom hot lap and then I'm done.

took me 1 hr of solid runs to get the top time and every lap I was just shaving off milliseconds at a time was so awesome to finally get it.

hamchan

Love the face-offs too. Gives me something to do even if one of my time trial laps has already failed near the start.

I should really wait to play the PS+ version before purchasing this game...but it's so damn hard!!!!! Hopefully the PS+ version is up before I get paid this week.
It won't.

Top Bottom