• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 7 demo is now live for Xbox One and W10

Hexer06

Gonna try to download on pc. I had so many issues with gears 4 downloading, but fh3 downloaded fine. Please work! Lol.

Started the download as soon as it went up on the store. This will be my first Forza, and I'm hoping it plays great on my PC.

zorbsie

First race done. M. Rossi beat me. I miss real driver names and not just drivetars. Also, sound is outstanding. Porsche engine sounds so dirty.

veidi

Demo doesnt start here on win10.....Press A to start, then comes the little loading ring and crash!
restarted the pc, but nothing changed, still crash to desktop...aaarrg

DarkestHour

Banned
Demo doesnt start here on win10.....Press A to start, then comes the little loading ring and crash!
restarted the pc, but nothing changed, still crash to desktop...aaarrg

Same issue I'm having. Currently redownloading as the initial download seemed to be done really quickly. If it still doesn't work I'll wait patiently for a resolution.

Theorry

My big question is:

Does it have wheel support?

:)

Finally, over 30 PC controllers and racing wheels will be supported by the game at launch, including the DualShock 4 controller. Here they are:

Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller
Microsoft Xbox One Controller
Microsoft Xbox One Elite Controller
Microsoft Xbox One S/X Controller
Sony Dual Shock 4
Fanatec CSR
Fanatec CSR Elite
Fanatec ClubSport V2
Fanatec ClubSport V1
Fanatec CSL
Fanatec ClubSport V2.5
Logitech G29
Logitech Driving Force Pro
Logitech G25
Logitech Driving Force GT
Logitech G27
Logitech MOMO
Logitech G920
Thrustmaster RGT
Thrustmaster T100
Thrustmaster T500 RS
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Int
Thrustmaster T300 RS
Thrustmaster T300 RS GT
Thrustmaster T150
Thrustmaster T150 Pro
Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer
Thrustmaster TX 458
Thrustmaster TX Leather
Thrustmaster 458 Spider
Thrustmaster TMX
Thrustmaster TMX Pro
Thrustmaster TS-Xbox
Mad Catz Pro

caramac

Looking forward to playing the demo but it won't be till later. Does it have any options for hot lapping or is it just a 3 lap race or something?

Out just now on my way to the football but downloaded the demo using the link in the OP, cheers OP :)

Hopefully get a good result tonight and back home later on and it'll be good to go!

Downloaded in about 30 mins on Win 10, luffly and fast.

Xbox and Win 10 store should be serving content from very similar servers so you should get similar download speeds on either one, unless your hardware starts to bottleneck.

How do I install this on PC?

1c69ce8d58aedfb207923fc35c19d792.png

Update Windows

Annoyingly at work but will download when I get home in the morning. FH3 looked great with my 1080ti 4K@60fps and 4xMSAA 95% of the time. I'm expecting Forza 7 to look even better. Will post pics when I can.

samred

demo crashes on Win10 every time I load it; doesn't even reach any loading screens. no idea how to fix. UWP is such a mess.

demo crashes on Win10 every time I load it; doesn't even reach any loading screens. no idea how to fix. UWP is such a mess.

Blaming this on UWP is pointless and waaaaay jumping the gun. It's more than likely not UWP's fault it's crashing, considering how little UWP has to do with the games code.

Phinor

Also crashing here. Press enter to start, *presses enter*, few seconds later sound stops and it crashes. I guess there's a reason why they forced the download to start also on Xbox One even if you wanted to install it on PC..

Just played all three events on my Xbox One S.

Love the audio and use of surround in the menus. And that great audio carried on into the races - the truck race in particular was a symphony of bangs, crashes and engine notes.

Also really liked the new dashboard view. It works really well. Combined with the more powerful camera movement the game feels more alive and visceral than FM6 - in some ways a little how PCars uses cockpit views.

Presentation is good. I like being able to tinker in menus while the track is loading.

And the HDR is lovely.

Top Bottom