• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Jack Complete Series coming to Blu-ray (S1-4 remastered in HD!)

Source:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Samurai-Jack-Season-5-and-The-Complete-Series/23597

SamuraiJack_Complete_BLU.jpg

JACK IS BACK

SAMURAI JACK:
THE COMPLETE SERIES

ENTIRE ADVENTURE OF EMMY AWARD-WINNING
ANIMATED SERIES REMASTERED FOR HD

Adult Swim Unleashes More
Samurai Jack With Digital Release
Of Season Five Soundtrack

Fathom Events To Present Exclusive
Fan Experience With One-Night
Screening Of Samurai Jack: The Premiere
Movie Event In Cinemas Nationwide

ATLANTA, GA (August 21, 2017) - Following the epic conclusion of its Fifth and Final Season, Adult Swim's four-time Emmy Award-winning series, Samurai Jack, arrives as a Complete Series on Blu-ray October 17, 2017. Featuring all 62 heart-pounding episodes of the critically acclaimed animated show, Samurai Jack: The Complete Series also arrives with action-packed bonus content, including exclusive featurettes, behind the scenes looks and special commentary. Fans will also relive the first four seasons in HD for the first time as each episode has been remastered to perfection. The box set also features a one-of-a-kind metal art print, created especially for the show's devoted fans.

Adult Swim isn't stopping there. In addition to the release of Samurai Jack: The Complete Series, fans can celebrate even more of their favorite Samurai with a dynamic lineup of additional releases featuring new content from the beloved series. Providing fans an entertainment experience like no other, Adult Swim's full lineup of action-packed upcoming releases includes:
Samurai Jack: The Complete Series - Including all five seasons of the highly-acclaimed animated series, the Complete Series box set showcases 1,364 minutes of high quality animation and never-before-seen bonus features, as well as a one-of-a-kind metal art print created especially for this collector's item. Available October 17, 2017, the complete series will retail for $112.99 SRP for the Blu-ray box set.

Samurai Jack: Season Five - Following the conclusion of the series' epic final season, fans can revisit Season Five anytime with the release of The Complete Fifth Season on DVD and Blu-Ray. Available on October 17, 2017, Samurai Jack: Season Five will retail for $24.98 SRP and $29.98 SRP respectively.

Samurai Jack: Season Five Soundtrack - Featuring 22 spellbinding tracks produced by celebrated film composer and producer Tyler Bates and composed by Joanne Higginbottom and Dieter Hartmann for the show's explosive final season, the emotional and action-filled album awakens the spirit of the Samurai with every listen. Hand-selected to provide fans the ultimate Samurai Jack experience, each track takes listeners back to Season Five. Available for digital download and streaming this fall.

Samurai Jack: The Premiere Movie Event - Adult Swim and Fathom Events are teaming up to provide the ultimate fan experience with an exclusive one-night cinema event. Arriving in movie theaters throughout the U.S. on October 16, 2017, Samurai Jack: The Premiere Movie Event offers fans an exclusive experience, including the series First Season movie remastered in high-definition, alongside content from the highly anticipated Complete Series box set. Additional surprises are anticipated; with more information, including ticketing and participating theaters, to be announced in the coming weeks.

Was really hoping for this. Already have it on DVD, but gladly double dipping for this!

I have wanted to get into Samurai Jack, so this is great news
I just hope it isnt too expensive

Edit: $112?! Holy shit, ho-lee shit. I get the price but... I cant afford that

Flux

I hate the fact that it's called the complete series, knowing full well season 5 exists.

Id be so in for a complete set.

I hate the fact that it's called the complete series, knowing full well season 5 exists.

Id be so in for a complete set.

it includes season 5...

"Samurai Jack: The Complete Series - Including all five seasons of the highly-acclaimed animated series, the Complete Series box set showcases 1,364 minutes of high quality animation and never-before-seen bonus features, as well as a one-of-a-kind metal art print created especially for this collector's item. Available October 17, 2017, the complete series will retail for $112.99 SRP for the Blu-ray box set."

A-V-B

So Cartoon Network kept all the original animation instead of throwing it away?

That's nice to hear.

Very, very nice.

tenor.gif

Considering how the first four seasons were 4x3, and the aspect ratio switched within that ratio on top of that - they're not gonna try actually cropping the shit to fit 16x9, are they?

It's silly I have to ask this, but this kinda horseshit keeps happening

Considering how the first four seasons were 4x3, and the aspect ratio switched within that ratio on top of that - they're not gonna try actually cropping the shit to fit 16x9, are they?

Hmm... hopefully they show some footage before it comes out

Like, the amount of work they'd have to do to re-frame the AR jumps throughout those four seasons seems fucking ridiculous to me - not counting the sequences where the screen splits in 3 or 4, sometimes at completely different ratios within that 4:3 frame.

I can't imagine they'd do that. So they'd either probably a) just crop everything to 16x9 or b) leave it alone.

b is preferable

Ecotic

Adult Swim had been uploading 1080p clips of the originals on youtube earlier this year, so I really had my hopes high about this!

Holy crap, i just saw this on Blu-ray.com, amazing news. So many of my favorite animations finally coming to Blu-ray in the last few years, C. Bebop, JL/JLU, Iron Giant, GITS SAC, NGE (still waiting on a western release though), Mask of the Phantasm, Tokyo Godfathers (Region B release) and now Samurai Jack! I knew S5 was a done deal, but i didn't dare to hope S1-4 would also get the BD treatment. I wonder about the "remastered in HD" though.

Considering the time of release, i presume S1-4 were digitally animated in SD, like many shows of that time, would that mean they'll get remasted like the original Fullmetal Alchemist on BD, i.e. upscaled from SD, or could the original materials be used for a native HD remaster? Either way, it's going to look leagues better than the DVDs, if only because of the new encode. I wonder what the chances of it being Region B friendly are. I might have to finally take the plunge on an all regions player. I see WB is the publisher and pretty much all of their BD releases are region free, so hopefully it will be fine.

Anyway, that's one more off the list, now i'm waiting on Avatar: TLA and the rest of the DCAU.

Oh man, why you gotta jump to the worst case scenario? I didn't even cosider they would do that. I see The Wire still has people shook. :/

Holy crap, i just saw this on Blu-ray.com, amazing news. So many of my favorite animations finally coming to Blu-ray in the last few years, C. Bebop, JL/JLU, Iron Giant, GITS SAC, NGE (still waiting on a western release though), Mask of the Phantasm, Tokyo Godfathers (Region B release) and now Samurai Jack! I knew S5 was a done deal, but i didn't dare to hope S1-4 would also get the BD treatment. I wonder about the "remastered in HD" though.

Considering the time of release, i presume S1-4 were digitally animated in SD, like many shows of that time, would that mean they'll get remasted like the original Fullmetal Alchemist on BD, i.e. upscaled from SD, or could the original materials be used for a native HD remaster? Either way, it's going to look leagues better than the DVDs, if only because of the new encode. I wonder what the chances of it being Region B friendly are. I might have to finally take the plunge on an all regions player. I see WB is the publisher and pretty much all of their BD releases are region free, so hopefully it will be fine.

Anyway, that's one more off the list, now i'm waiting on Avatar: TLA and the rest of the DCAU.

Oh man, why you gotta jump to the worst case scenario? I didn't even cosider they would do that. I see The Wire still has people shook. :/

Waaait are the JL/JLU Boy Rays region free?

Top Bottom