• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Pixel 2 - answers are coming Oct 4th

Why doesn't my phone have a headphone jack?

Why is my phone stuck in a bootloop?

Why is my phone only on Verizon?

jk I am excited.

killroy87

From losing the headphone jack to not making any meaningful differences to the standard sized Pixel, Google has made an impressive fall from grace in just one year.

DieH@rd

Banned
I still find it disappointing that Google has moved away from cheaper phones. Pixel does nothing to me since it's soooooo out of my budget range.

Why isn't my smartphone waterproof?

Why did manufacturing issues cause such short supply?

Why did it get so expensive?

The Pixel disappointed me so much as a 6P owner.

VeeP

ugh please don't be true....

I really don't want a touchwiz phone :(

Wireless headphones are improving, and they will probably include a dongle. But I understand your concern if the headphone jack is essential.

I’m sure otherwise the phone will be excellent.

Only the XL2 has the redesign. Small one has mostly same specs as XL2, but looks the same as last year's.

I haven’t seen the XL2 leaks, I’ll go check it out. Thanks.

Kevyt

Still rocking the Nexus 6p!

Hated the design of the Pixel, it looks like an iphone!! Also it never felt like an upgrade since it used the same camera sensor as the Nexus 6p

Give us something unique and a real upgrade this time Google! With water resistance... Otherwise I think I'll hold onto my Nexus 6p for another year~

Seriously, I love my Nexus 6p!!! ^_^

reKon

Banned
Lol I like the use of that song. You could definitely do a counter to that ad against that because the Pixel is sure going to be missing stuff that it should have, based off the rumors.

Axiom

I love my Pixel, but every leak about the Pixel 2 has been very discouraging.

I hope to be proven wrong.

Gattsu25

Banned
No headphone jack no sale.

I've been stock Android for a while but Samsung has been stepping their game up this year.

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
Still rocking the Nexus 6p!

Hated the design of the Pixel, it looks like an iphone!! Also it never felt like an upgrade since it used the same camera sensor as the Nexus 6p

Give us something unique and a real upgrade this time Google! With water resistance... Otherwise I think I'll hold onto my Nexus 6p for another year~

Seriously, I love my Nexus 6p!!! ^_^

Uh, the Pixel camera is planets better than the 6P. The screen is as well. I've owned both.

Got a Pixel XL about a month ago and love it, but the rumors around the Pixel 2 are disappointing so far. Water resistant is obviously nice, but headphone jack removal still feels like one of the least necessary "premium" phone trends. I use it frequently -removing it doesn't benefit me in any way.

Kevyt

Uh, the Pixel camera is planets better than the 6P. The screen is as well. I've owned both.

I used my friends Pixel XL for lowlight pictures and it didn't look better than the 6p. In some cases I preferred my 6p's ability to overexpose light in certain shots.

snap

Banned
for those out of the loop:

• Smaller Pixel has larger bezels than last year relative to screen size, dual speakers
  • Larger Pixel is made by LG, not HTC, has smaller bezels than last year ("bezelless")
  • Neither have headphone jacks
  • Both have U11esque squeeze gimmicks
  • Snapdragon 835
  • Both cost slightly more than last year
Pic of larger phone:
41.jpg
Pics of smaller phone:

Only the XL2 has the redesign. Small one has mostly same specs as XL2, but looks the same as last year's.

If the leaks are correct, the XL2 looks great, but the Pixel 2 will look really silly and dated if it has the same bezels as last years model.

I guess it'd be google essentially doing the same thing that Apple did with the iPhone 8/X this year.

snap

Banned
If the leaks are correct, the XL2 looks great, but the Pixel 2 will look really silly and dated if it has the same bezels as last years model.

I guess it'd be google essentially doing the same thing that Apple did with the iPhone 8/X this year.

difference is the old iphone bezels, while big, had the home button to justify them and the new bezels are the same size

here the old pixel had no reason to have that big of a bottom bezel, and they went ahead and made them even bigger. thanks google

man how great would it have been if their camera engineers had defected to essential, the essential phone would've been the pixel we all wanted this year

Kevyt

for those out of the loop:

• Smaller Pixel has larger bezels than last year, dual speakers
  • Larger Pixel is made by LG, not HTC, has smaller bezels than last year ("bezelless")
  • Neither have headphone jacks
  • Both have U11esque squeeze gimmicks
  • Snapdragon 835
  • Both cost slightly more than last year
Pic of larger phone:

Pics of smaller phone:

No dual camera and or double speakers for the XL? Hmmm

giga

Price increase? I don't remember that being rumored. Is that due to a storage upgrade or nand prices.

Ash735

Such a terrible phone already, how are Google going to save this? Are they still going to charge MORE than an iPhone in Europe? Stagger the release so it's not available in countries for months on end outside of America?

Klotera

I love my Pixel XL. Happiest I've been with a phone since my Nexus One.

I switched from an S7+. Pixel is not as sexy, bezels and all, but the software experience is so much better. And, despite being on Verizon, I got the Oreo update at the same time as those bought directly from Google.

Headphone jack thing is dumb, but this will still be the best phone out there if you're an Android person.

Nightfall

If the XL 2 really is a mix between the LG V30 and the old Pixel it’ll be my next phone.
As a defender of the headphone jack I’d even switch to dongle life for it.

snap

Banned
Price increase? I don't remember that being rumored. Is that due to a storage upgrade or nand prices.

there was an article posted to /r/android that mentioned slightly higher pricing, but i can't find it now because reddit search sucks and phone leak websites have gamed google so much that you just get a bunch of garbage whenever you search pixel 2 leaks

edit: found it, took way too long:

Cake Boss

Banned
lol right?

small pixel already has the biggest bezels you can find on the phone, now its even worse?

wtf u doing Google.

I love my small pixel, its the perfect sequel to the Nexus 5, but I am skipping this year's version, from the rumors it sounds terrible.

Save us OnePlus6.

killroy87

If the XL 2 really is a mix between the LG V30 and the old Pixel it’ll be my next phone.
As a defender of the headphone jack I’d even switch to dongle life for it.

This is why we'll never stop losing the headphone jack lol. If people actually care that much, they need to speak with their wallet.

Top Bottom