• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dolphin - Emulating Wii and Gamecube Games

Sanjay

Lets not derail this thread into OC stuff keep it here I guess as it would get you more results with help.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=383771&page=136

Also few pointers if you don't know already, when you OC your CPU you also OC your RAM and your BUS on your Motherboard its like trinity.

Now with your current problem have you cleared your CMOS and see if it starts up?

Remember to post in that thread.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
MadWorld, Wesker's guide should be as soon as he checks his PMs.

Dolphin_2010-05-18_01-04-57-58.jpg

Dolphin_2010-05-18_01-05-02-85.jpg

Dolphin_2010-05-18_01-05-13-12.jpg

Dolphin_2010-05-18_01-07-36-50.jpg

Title_MadWorld.jpg

Background
The events of the game are set into motion when a terrorist attack hits the water bound Jefferson Island, destroying all contact to the
outside world. The terrorist group, called The Organizers, then instates a sadistic competition for survival, which is then turned into a TV
show, called "Death Watch". The prize for the last man on the island is a ticket out of the city and a cash sum of $100 million. You play as
Jack Cayman, a bounty hunter and participant in the competition. Your goal as of now is either to win the $100 million or stop The
Organizers. That's not to say that it isn't both.
  • Region: NTSC
  • Completion: 20%
  • Default FPS: 30
  • Average FPS: 30
  • Resolution: 1080p
  • Widescreen: Yes
  • Dolphin Build: 5426, 64-bit, SSE4.2

Issues
  • The white isn't quite as white as it should be.

Settings

Config / Basic Settings
  • Enable Dual Core: Yes
  • Enable Idle Skipping: Yes
  • Framelimit: Auto
  • Use FPS For Limiting: No
Config / Advanced Settings
  • HLE the IPL: Yes
  • CPU Emulator Engine: JIT Recompiler
  • Lock Threads to Cores: Yes
  • DSPLLE on Thread: Yes
Config /Interface Settings
  • Confirm on Stop: No
  • Use Panic Handlers: No
Graphics / Direct3D
  • V-Sync: No
  • Widescreen Hack: No
  • Aspect Ratio: Auto
  • Anti-Alias Mode: 4x SSAA
  • Enable CPU->EFB Access: Yes (causes shading issues if off)
  • Safe Texture Cache: Off
Graphics / Enhancements
  • Force Bi/Trilinear: No
  • Enable 16x Anisotropy Filtering: Yes
  • Enable Hires Texture Loading: No
  • EFB Scaled Copy: Yes
Graphics / Advanced
  • Disable Fog: No
  • Enable EFB Copy: To Texture
  • Enable XFB: No
  • Use Native Mips: Yes
  • Overlay FPS Counter: No
  • Enable Hotkey: No
  • Enable Wireframe: No
  • Enable Real XFB: No
DSP / Sound
  • Enable HLE Audio: Yes
  • Enable DTK Music: Yes
  • Enable Audio Throttle: No
  • Audio Backend: DSound

Screenshots

axbjiq.jpg

This is a screenshot.

So you're saying the game doesn't actually look this white when played on a Wii?

*dusts off Wii to check it out*

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Not sure if it's as noticeable as in the screenshots above, but yeah, it's definitely yellow-ish.

JoeFu

Banned
Super Mario Galaxy is messing up for me when I get to Dino Piranha. Says something about color and textures missing. I save stated right before I have to fight it, but I can't move. The controls mess up or something :(

Also is there something wrong with the emulation? Music doesn't play at all :(

found the answer to the emu crashing, had to use OpenGL

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
.:Wesker:. said:
So you're saying the game doesn't actually look this white when played on a Wii?

If I recall correctly, the official thread was littered with people reporting a different tone for their white. Some said they had a strong yellow tinge to the whites, whereas others has a really sharp white.

I had the latter. I figure the TV plays a big part.

Nabs

yep, check the latest revision. 5457. i'm not sure, but the game doesn't seem to be running better (speed) but it certainly looks better.

this rev also fixes certain things in sunshine, i haven't had a second to check that out yet.

edit: oh my.

Wow, sunshine looks great! Except for that depth of field jazz in the distant background, but still. Maybe there's a fix for it.

Fitz

It's so good to see how quickly Dolphin gets improved, I just hope a fix for the music in WW comes out sometime soon.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Colkate said:
It's so good to see how quickly Dolphin gets improved, I just hope a fix for the music in WW comes out sometime soon.

I just hope Rebel Strike one day works with all its bells and whistles.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
EatChildren said:
I just hope Rebel Strike one day works with all its bells and whistles.

The day that happens, I want to meet and shake the hands of everyone on the Dolphin team. I would also appreciate if Nintendo would do a trilogy re-release like they did for Metroid.

EGM92

Yea new build fixed marios eyes in galaxy, but completely destroyed Muramasa: Demon's Blade, though the 2.0 build has it running at 61FPS constant on my system except for the save menu. Looks so much better than on the wii, the way the game was meant to be played.

EGM92

Nabs said:
how did it break muramasa? and what are your settings?

Well with the Direct3D9 plugin with the same settings on both the new SVN and 2.0 on 2.0 it actually boots while on the svn it goes to a greenish screen with lines running across it with the audio completely distorted or at times it just crashes before it loads.

Where are saves kept? and can they be transfered from build to build?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
EGM92 said:
Where are saves kept? and can they be transfered from build to build?
Saves are in User/Wii or User/GC. Just copy those entire folders over. The games inside those folders use numbers for the folder names, so good luck guessing if you want an individual game save. They transfer from build to build just fine.

JoeFu

Banned
not sure if anybody cares but here's some SMG pics

sxk7wo.jpg

2cqi5vl.jpg

also was bored and loaded up HOD:O, used default settings game looks a bit weird though.

dggs2r.jpg

64m91y.jpg

weird not 720p but whatever.

JoeFu

Banned
I guess that may be it. Was doing other stuff while messing with Dolphin last night.

I think I need a CPU/Vid card update. My amd x3 and 4870 don't get me good enough frame rates :(

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Nabs said:
yep, check the latest revision. 5457. i'm not sure, but the game doesn't seem to be running better (speed) but it certainly looks better.

I keep hearing people talk about 'latest revisions', I have Dolphin 2.0 64bit, I'm guessing I have the latest revision yes?, or is my version upgradable in some way?

I do appear to have a couple of the GPU settings missing in my version.

Nabs

lowrider007 said:
I keep hearing people talk about 'latest revisions', I have Dolphin 2.0 64bit, I'm guessing I have the latest revision yes?, or is my version upgradable in some way?

Dolphin is updated every day it seems. The latest revision can be found at http://dolphin-emulator.com. It's always worth keeping your old revisions, in case a new one breaks something.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
JoeFu said:
also was bored and loaded up HOD:O, used default settings game looks a bit weird though.

<goregasm>

weird not 720p but whatever.

OMFG thank you!

Is there much stuttering? How does the IR perform?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
lowrider007 said:

Go here: http://dolphin-emulator.com/download.html

That has all the latest builds as soon as they are released. I use 2.0 as my main Dolphin build to play games on, but I usually try out builds once a week. Remember, they are just zipped up folders so you can have as many builds as you like at a time. I just recommending labeling the folder so that you can keep track easier of which build is which.

Edit: screw you Nabs. I guess I'm [2slow]

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Andrex said:
OMFG thank you!

Yeah, there was quite a bit of stuttering when I tested it out, but I didn't look at any configs, I just rolled with my vanilla config. When I get around to actually playing the game in full on Dolphin, I will try to work that out.

JoeFu

Banned
Andrex said:
OMFG thank you!

For me there wasn't too much stuttering, but that was probably because I'm only getting 26fps, but even then I liked that over the constant stuttering everytime you turned the corner or reloaded or something on the Wii.

also no IR at the moment, just ordered a bluetooth dongle thing so I can try that some other time, but mouse wii emulation is janky.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Goddamn Jads, I can't get over how nice Tales of Symphonia looks. You are making me want to buy a JRPG which is something I have only done like once before in my life.

JoeFu

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Goddamn Jads, I can't get over how nice Tales of Symphonia looks. You are making me want to buy a JRPG which is something I have only done like once before in my life.

Maybe emulating the game messes up the voiceacting and you can play it without cringing.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Stallion Free said:
Go here: http://dolphin-emulator.com/download.html

That has all the latest builds as soon as they are released. I use 2.0 as my main Dolphin build to play games on, but I usually try out builds once a week. Remember, they are just zipped up folders so you can have as many builds as you like at a time. I just recommending labeling the folder so that you can keep track easier of which build is which.

Edit: screw you Nabs. I guess I'm [2slow]

Right thanks mate, I was going here originally http://www.dolphin-emu.com/news.php, that link you gave me is much better, I now know what people are talking about, just tried out the latest version with your settings and F-zero is working a lot better now.

Shame about the Shadow issue in Grand Prix mode though.

JADS

JoeFu said:
Maybe emulating the game messes up the voiceacting and you can play it without cringing.

Indeed, you have a problem when only two of your characters in the entire cast have tolerable voice actors in a 20-25 hour RPG. :lol (Thank god you can turn off VA) Don't buy it Stallion Free if you don't like JRPG's :D

miked808

miked808 said:
I'm using a DS3 and can't get the right analog stick mapped right. I've searched everywhere and tried everything if anyone has any tips I'm all ears.
FIXED! I was using Dolphin GCPad Plugin vs. Dolphin GCPad New in the config. settings.

Nabs

EGM92 said:
Is it possible to get Mario Galaxy to run at 60fps? If so what's the configuration?

Thanks

i'll post up the config tomorrow. what kind of speeds do you get now?

EGM92

In the main menu roughly 50fps, in game, ranges from 10-25 which is really poor.

Is it possible to configure the wiimote properly? when trying to select an icon in Mario Galaxy it's nearly impossible. It's extremely jumpy and the area of movement is tiny before the hand jumps off the screen.

EGM92 said:
Is it possible to get Mario Galaxy to run at 60fps? If so what's the configuration?

Thanks

As I understand it you need an i3/i5/i7 clocked up to around 4GHz to get full speed on galaxy. I was running my Phenom II x6 at 4GHz and still couldnt hit full 60fps in all areas. Mostly high 40s low 50s.

Top Bottom