• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

It's basically long barrel + silencer

I really wish loadout gear was broken down into:

1. Pick receiver (assault rifle, battle rifle, SMG, DMR)
  2. Pick sight
  3. Pick attachment

Every time attachments get added, you realize a few new problems you have to deal with:

• You can't use the cool new hybrid/COG sights with your favorite attachments
  • You can't pair up your targeting attachment with a sentinel scope
  • Extended mags on an SMG without a projection sight is :(

And the list goes on. 343 plz

I really wish loadout gear was broken down into:

1. Pick receiver (assault rifle, battle rifle, SMG, DMR)
  2. Pick sight
  3. Pick attachment

Every time attachments get added, you realize a few new problems you have to deal with:

• You can't use the cool new hybrid/COG sights with your favorite attachments
  • You can't pair up your targeting attachment with a sentinel scope
  • Extended mags on an SMG without a projection sight is :(

And the list goes on. 343 plz

yeah, we dont need loadouts.

All the different load outs are kind of annoying. So much clutter, especially since only a few are used.

I typically don't bother holding right on the dpad for five seconds to sift all the way over to my bayonet battle rifles at the end of a match. It's such a terrible UI.

We already have them. We're just required to sift through an obnoxiously long list of cards to find the ones we want.

There should be a favorite system for reqs. So the ones you want the most will show up first or on a separate page. That way I can get my hybrid br as soon as I unlock it. Or better yet have it to where once you do unlock the speific req for a loadout weapon it unlocks once you die or go to a req station.

the Bad UI makes it seem like there is more content than there really is.

if they do what you suggest(which they probably should) it would make everything faster.

essentially

[Weapon]
{AR, Magnum, BR, DMR, SMG}
|attachments|

but that is asking a lot
why doesnt GAF save formatting

RoKKeR

Have they said anything about duplicates/repeat maps showing up after you bookmark/download a map? There are a lot of versions of the same Sandtrap, Ascension, etc. The original map can sometimes be lost in the duplicates.

Esque7

Been playing for hours and still haven't played any new maps. Just stasis every other match...

Edit: Jesus christ, Stasis again

i ripped the card backgrounds, if anyone wants to make their own "Gravity Gauntlet" tier Req cards.

durable-common-5056ddd0a784449290257c4197da178b.png

durable-uncommon-1abf306928e04297be0f88639c74bcb2.png

durable-rare-4e93071b5ae34bf98c6169cdc96739ee.png

durable-ultra-rare-df11410dbff8445985e71942e0f8bc98.png

durable-legendary-23ef7602cba840d7899f109cbfad896b.png

durable-legendary-mythic-64ae95bf09c54a48b02d8404c89244f2.png

01DragonFly

loving the Master Control Skins and those new magnums are awesome.
I have been only playing warzone , Big team battle and action sack so it make take me a while to check the new maps (need those commendations)

Mistel

Banned
Ah I gotcha. Thanks for the heads up Storm.

I really hope we can get a Firefight that feels as good as ODST eventually. I go back occasionally to refresh my memory and it is still every bit as fun as I remember. They nailed just about everything; from the atmosphere, to the feeling of surviving by the skin of your teeth, and the flow of the game.

The only things I think it was missing were some neat bits of presentation. Maybe something ala Titanfall where you get dropped off into the battlefield/picked up in the end or have the scenery around you change as the fight goes on. There could also be a last stand mode, which would essentially be unlimited rounds with some excuse plot thrown in for immersion.

There's a lot more you could do with it for some new modes (I'd love to see destructible structures and base construction thrown in but that's pretty out there) but ultimately I would be happy with a copy/paste of ODST.
There are some destructible barriers and walls but nothing really dynamic. I'd like that too ODST firefight was definitely the best attempt at firefight I think if it was brought forward including a reach style option list would be a welcomed edition.
I typically don't bother holding right on the dpad for five seconds to sift all the way over to my bayonet battle rifles at the end of a match. It's such a terrible UI.
So much this for all of the SMGs I've got it is such a hassle to use them with multiple variants and attachments.

The tactical magnum with the Locke & Loaded skin looks kinda silly. Poor 'ol Spicy Locke's face is cut in half by the suppressor.

Welp, I needed an excuse to change skins anyway. Even if L&L is the magnum skin I've been wanting since it came out. ;_;

Pissed off my pc is stuck updating with anniversary at 99%......... 5 hours and counting.

I was hopeful to download halo 5 Forge and the halo app today. Nope!

Ugh....

Overgrowth, Riptide and Molten are the SMG/AR starts for 343i. The community thinks they're shit, but they continue to be a thing.

These new Pistols are so much fun to use :]

No. Radar. Customs. w/ the Tactical Magnum. I cannot wait.

EDIT: I like how I used Pistols/Magnums interchangeably in the same post. It's the little things in life..

Overgrowth, Riptide and Molten are the SMG/AR starts for 343i. The community thinks they're shit, but they continue to be a thing.

Molten just needs the spawns fixed and it wouldn't be that bad.

Put the damn Plasma Caster back on Riptide, it was great for clearing Blue Room or whatever it's called that everyone camps in.

Overgrowth, just delete this shit.

I'd rather have Pegasus than Overgrowth. Hell, I'd take Orion over it.

Molten just needs the spawns fixed and it wouldn't be that bad.

Put the damn Plasma Caster back on Riptide, it was great for clearing Blue Room or whatever it's called that everyone camps in.

Overgrowth, just delete this shit.

lol, i secretly love overgrowth...

guess it's no longer a secret?

mind you, i only play strongholds on it, as i only actually play team arena playlist.

just satisfying to rotate between strongholds on that map for me for some reason, despite its many flaws.

Still haven't gotten any of the maps after binging Halo 5 today.

moi non plus :/

hence, i went and played w10 customs all day.

pretty DAMN satisfying playing on my PC in 1440p maxed out glory.

somehow feels more responsive and my aim / shooting in general is much stronger.

now if only people would stop playing weird custom maps and set up some sweet team arena...

halo 6 can't come soon enough, i need proper halo on PC

mo60

Anyone get that warthog code. I played both MCC and halo 5 digitally in the last few months and still don't have a code.

-Ryn

Banned
There are some destructible barriers and walls but nothing really dynamic. I'd like that too ODST firefight was definitely the best attempt at firefight I think if it was brought forward including a reach style option list would be a welcomed edition.
Ah yeah I forgot about those walls lol. Well here's hoping these wishes will come true. *looks wistfully at the sky*

Semi related but this has reminded me of that one mode they had in the Reach beta: Generator Defense. If we ever see Elites in multi again... I'd really like that to come back. Not as a FF mode, but as it was in the beta. That was a fun game.

These new Pistols are so much fun to use :]

No. Radar. Customs. w/ the Tactical Magnum. I cannot wait.

EDIT: I like how I used Pistols/Magnums interchangeably in the same post. It's the little things in life..
FUNKNOWN

TM or M6D?

i did a thing. its pretty bad
I think it's rock saltid

the target acquisition on mercy is really poor. I preferred the original visually because the player stood out from the gray backdrop. the lighting is uniform throughout the center of the map so everyone blends into the walls and floors.

f13cb158da065ed062735d73c84dcea5.png

That next gen water though

Madness

The average consumer looking at UHD blu-ray isn't looking at an Xbox One S folks. They're only looking at the $100-$200 more standalones, UHD blu-ray is niche and no one cares as 4K streaming exists, Microsoft should stop these cheap shots by mentioning UHD blu-ray playback for their console in NPD press releases...

/s

RoKKeR

I really wish there was a better way to get the armor you want. Don't play Warzone so I don't care for weapon REQs, and also dislike that with each update the pool of REQs grows so the chances of getting something you want continue to decrease. A system in which you could trade REQs/use them to purchase something desirable would be appreciated...

Haven't gotten any Legendary gear and only 1 or 2 Ultra Rare's. Too bad, because all of the Noble Armor, Mark IV, etc. look great.

Mistel

Banned
Ah yeah I forgot about those walls lol. Well here's hoping these wishes will come true. *looks wistfully at the sky*

Semi related but this has reminded me of that one mode they had in the Reach beta: Generator Defense. If we ever see Elites in multi again... I'd really like that to come back. Not as a FF mode, but as it was in the beta. That was a fun game.
Generator defence was really buggy if I remember correctly and laggy I think it would work quite well though if it was fleshed out. A lot of people do as usually they're not really useful at all I can see how they could be but the enemy spawns really don't help them.

-Ryn

Banned
Generator defence was really buggy if I remember correctly and laggy I think it would work quite well though if it was fleshed out. A lot of people do as usually they're not really useful at all I can see how they could be but the enemy spawns really don't help them.
Yeah I remember having some issues with that game mode now that ya mention it. Stability was certainly amongst them.

If I recall correctly didn't the Elite players have lesser bots spawn in with them? Or am I thinking of the FF variant of GD? Perhaps with Dedicated servers that could be alleviated.

Top Bottom