• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 trailer (Full campaign co-op) [Oct 2, Length, No Wii U for now, more]

BD1

Banned
Team Leon vs Team Chris! Choose a side!

This game looks like it could be spectacularly epic or a total clusterfuck disaster. Can't wait!

Red UFO

One thing to remember is that Resident Evil has, since the start, been based off of B-films.

Resident Evil 6 is going to be cheesy. BUT, that's not a bad thing. Resident Evil has always been cheesy. However, it does look like the kind of cheesy that could be very enjoyable to watch, especially for long-time fans.

You're right, Resident Evil was very tongue in cheek, but these days it seems to take itself VERY seriously.

Xav

As a long time Resident Evil fan this trailer did nothing for me. The pretty graphics can fool GAF but I know better, I'm going to pass on this. Resident Evil died after 4 and Capcom throwing a little nostalgia our way in the form of Sherry is just their way to try to get fans of the series to buy their stupid action game.
Yes I'm an old school Resident Evil fan, you guys got a problem?
I see the release date got moved up, I guess that means Capcom has decided to release the game early and just DLC the "true" ending after.

As a long time Resident Evil fan this trailer did nothing for me. The pretty graphics can fool GAF but I know better, I'm going to pass on this. Resident Evil died after 4 and Capcom throwing a little nostalgia our way in the form of Sherry is just their way to try to get fans of the series to buy their stupid action game.
I see the release date got moved up, I guess that means Capcom has decided to release the game early and just DLC the "true" ending after.

Can we just call this "pulling a Bioware"?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
when was the last time Resident Evil was spectacularly epic? Its been awhile for me.

Resident Evil 5.

ODvHQ.gif

Yeah, RE has always been cheesy B-movie stuff (zombies, hello?!) - but a trailer with a few thrills and chills would've been better than a bunch of stiff cutscenes that look like res'ed-up PS2.

vg260

Just curious, what exactly did you want out of this?

I think in terms of art direction, i liked 4 better. This all looks a bit too slick. Great graphics, but not very unique i artstyle.

Anyway, will play.

Yeah, RE has always been cheesy B-movie stuff (zombies, hello?!) - but a trailer with a few thrills and chills would've been better than a bunch of stiff cutscenes that look like res'ed-up PS2.

Red Liquorice
needs to check himself
(Today, 07:39 AM)

We saw some of the enemies in the first trailer, and I'm curious to see how that enemy from the videotape works its way into gameplay (if at all).

I also need some context for why Leon asks Hunnigan to "fake their deaths" - like that's just a thing you do in the government. Truly, popcorn.gif.

The trailer looked ridiculous
ly epic
. Surprisingly stoked about this even if I didn't really like RE5. One of my favorite series.

Capcom really knows how to hype up it's games with awesome trailers, wish we saw a bit more gameplay footage but maybe we'll get lucky and a demo was at captivate.

Hex

Banned
Coming in October because October is when WiiU releases, and this is one of launch games? I don't know...

No?
October for Halloween?
It is the best time to market the game or any horror-ish game.

Looks really good, much better than first teaser trailer.

eso76

I guess I would be excited about all that campy nonsense if I knew they could pull off the gameplay as well as mikami did for 4.
unfortunately I don't think they can

I don't know.
As far as *pure gameplay* goes, I really don't think RE4 was that much better than RE5 at all.
In fact i don't even think gameplay was especially good.
If anything co op made RE5 actually *fun* to play, which is something RE never was imho.

Top Bottom