• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom coming to North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakazato

Nemesis556 said:
I'm not sure if this is old, but Capcom Unity posted this up on their twitter.

hrzh93.jpg

And they also posted this to go with it:

Not really sure what to think, though I know that Speed Racer artwork is already featured on the back of the Speed Racer (Wii) videogame.
If true Im buying a wii.

Nice site, Shinkiro's new art is awesome (especially the new Karas)

I could find the E3 Trailer, but I guess they JUST put this up, hopefully they put it up within the next few hours.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If true, I hope Zero's design is from MMZ and not X's boyfriend.

Nemesis_

Frank West could be fun, but seriously, I am very disappointed with Megaman for the Capcom offering. I seriously thought they'd stick at least a Resident Evil representative in there.

Sigh.

Hopefully MvsC3 will eventually come out and satisfy my needs for a playable Dante, RE characters and more. =D

Nemesis_

Didn't Capcom intend to balance the sides out? Because if so, that means there's still one extra Tatsunoko character missing.

Unless they don't care anymore and just want to include four new characters. Period.

Nemesis556 said:
Frank West could be fun, but seriously, I am very disappointed with Megaman for the Capcom offering. I seriously thought they'd stick at least a Resident Evil representative in there.

Sigh.

Hopefully MvsC3 will eventually come out and satisfy my needs for a playable Dante, RE characters and more. =D
especially after Jill Valentine was featured in most of the artwork for the PSN/XBLA version on MvC2

Nemesis556 said:
Didn't Capcom intend to balance the sides out? Because if so, that means there's still one extra Tatsunoko character missing.

Unless they don't care anymore and just want to include four new characters. Period.
Yatterman-2 is the other new character.

I was hoping for Vanessa Schnider from PN03. I figure that since she's from a Nintendo-specific game and has some fuck awesome moves, she'd be a lock. Oh well, I guess there's always the sequel.

Razien

Banned
What is the logic behind adding Frank West? I mean, they made a shitty spin-off of the game for the Wii, one that sold like the crap it was. The characters doesn't even fit very well into the game's style.

Even Leon would be a much better choice. Wii owners certainly know him much better, respect the character a lot more, and even have a game with him coming soon.

Didn't publishers stop using the Wii as a propaganda machine of HD games after the massive failure of the huge amount of shitty spin-offs (Castlevania Judgement, Soul Calibur Legends and the likes)?

Razien said:
What is the logic behind adding Frank West?

A lot of the character seem to share a strong connection with Keiji Inafune, perhaps he is to blame...

I'm cool with Yatterman 2 and Joe, but a little sad they couldn't dive into other series (I was hoping for Komugi myself). But then it probably has something to do with licensing. They had to make sure they had characters that would be no trouble bringing to the US and Europe so they had to play it safe, so I can't REALLY blame them. Frank West? Wow I was sure Arthur would've made it in, he seemed like a shoo-in.

Razien said:
What is the logic behind adding Frank West? I mean, they made a shitty spin-off of the game for the Wii, one that sold like the crap it was. The characters doesn't even fit very well into the game's style.

Even Leon would be a much better choice. Wii owners certainly know him much better, respect the character a lot more, and even have a game with him coming soon.

Didn't publishers stop using the Wii as a propaganda machine of HD games after the massive failure of the huge amount of shitty spin-offs (Castlevania Judgement, Soul Calibur Legends and the likes)?
They added PTX and Lost Planet doesn't have a Wii connection aside from the fact they needed to match someone with Gold Lightan.

TunaLover

Mr. Pointy said:
I was hoping for Vanessa Schnider from PN03. I figure that since she's from a Nintendo-specific game and has some fuck awesome moves, she'd be a lock. Oh well, I guess there's always the sequel.

I love Vannesa, I even made a texture hack of her in Brawl, with Zero Suit Samus model <3

I'm disappointed with the new characters because there is basically only one new series represented... but damn...we all know Joe will be awesome no matter what.

Dali

donkey show said:
They added PTX and Lost Planet doesn't have a Wii connection aside from the fact they needed to match someone with Gold Lightan.
A lot of the Capcom characters don't have a Wii connection. Frank Just stands out as distinctly Western and out of place in this Otaku, fan-wank. Yes, even in the presence of Alex.

I can think of any number of Capcom characters that I would have liked to see more than the Frank fucking West, but, as someone else said, maybe all the ones I'd actually care to see (Amaterasu, Gene, Dante, DMC3 Lady, etc) would be better saved for something like MvC3.

spcscared.jpg

I think Frank West could actually be a fun character, but a third Gatchaman character and another Yatterman character is a little disappointing.

Kulock said:

^Yeah it's a real bummer, with getting permission from Sotsu to use Tekkaman Blade, I thought the SPC would have a good chance (also being co-owned by Sotsu)

Like I said before, I figured they probably had a some other licensing issue that prevented them from putting them in (like some obscure European owner or something). I'm sure they wish they could have.

GhaleonQ

*shrugs* These were bonuses, so I'm not distressed. Even the almighty Capcom can't get everything right (and the music, the MUSIC!). I can't wait, still.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Frank West confirmed for Main. Needs zombie and servbot moves to support Jill from MvC2 moves with Kenji Inafune connection. :lol

-PXG-

Capcom needs to change the name, to avoid confusion, especially since this is also coming out in Japan. Something like...

Tatsunoko vs Capcom - Second Broadcast: Ultimate All-Stars

or

Tatsunoko vs Capcom - Next Transmission: Ultimate All-Stars

EDIT

I was right about Joe making it in :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom