• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom coming to North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Heh, I'm different - I'm more interested in Joe Condor and Blade's playstyle. XD

And Frank's VA is Peter Von Grimm. He did X's voice in Megaman X7.

Boss Doggie

You can now buy your stick here (will update the official thread once it gets unlocked). Still no sign of bundle though.

Boss Doggie

Yep, they're not taken out.

Also, whoa, someone in GameFAQs pointed it out - but TvC UAS's announcer is the same dude who is the announcer in Smash Bros. 64 and Master Hand!

I'm going to have to play this on the Wii emulator so I can use my stick. Luckily the original TvC worked really well - so hopefully this will too.

Forkball

There's apparently going to be a big announcement tomorrow (Japan time):

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/01/05/tatsunoko-vs-capcom-producer-teases-big-announcement/

People are saying that it might be MULTIPLE characters outside of Yatterman 2 (who also makes a cameo in Morrigan's ending). There's a big write up about the event yesterday from someone who attended, and he says that there are additional characters that haven't been revealed yet. Read it here.
84252-CH5A94L.png

Capcom is going to Nintendo levels of secrecy to hide stuff for this game for some reason.

Urban Scholar said:
Hmm...definitely thinking of seeking out a gamecube arcade stick, I already own the hori wii one though.
It would be easier to get a PS2 stick and GCN converter than tracking down a GCN-specific stick. Plus, PS2 has better quality stick options available as well as lagless converters for all current-gen platforms.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Forkball said:
Capcom is going to Nintendo levels of secrecy to hide stuff for this game for some reason.

That's because this game is awesome they want it to sell well so they can do a SSFIVT on Wii using Tatsunoko Engine (Believe!!) and the Online Play will be a proof of concept (double Believe!!)

Threi

notag
two words:

Speed. Racer.

*edit*

maybe i should take my 3rd party Madcatz gcn controller and dual mod my stick...:lol

ezekial45

Banned
abstract alien said:
Frank's voice...wow
I will not be playing with him, its too annoying.
He really was fun to play as though. You'd be missing out if you didn't give him a chance just because his voice.

TreIII

Forkball said:
There's apparently going to be a big announcement tomorrow (Japan time):

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/01/05/tatsunoko-vs-capcom-producer-teases-big-announcement/

People are saying that it might be MULTIPLE characters outside of Yatterman 2 (who also makes a cameo in Morrigan's ending).

Makes sense.

After all, I still like to believe that Yattaro from Kyatto Ninden (Speedy from Samurai Pizza Cats) is probably IN this game.

Why, you may ask? Well, you need look no farther than Tekkaman Blade. Blade was a production that was made possible by Tatsunoko and Sotsu TV Agency (technically a subsidiary of Namco Bandai).

Gee....that goes for Kyatto Ninden, too! :lol

So, my thinking is, if Capcom and Tatsu were willing to do what it would took to secure Blade, why not go for Yattaro too? They know damn well that "Samurai Pizza Cats", along with "Teknoman", are among the few properties that Americans know and love, just as much as their JP counterparts. And if the two properties were basically in the same boat, Tatsu and Capcom might as well have taken both when they had the chance...

Also makes sense. Perhaps one of the easy things that can be said about what led to the unfortunate downfall of the original TvC, was that the "hype train" lost steam towards the end. Everything that was known about the game was known by basically 3-4 months before the game was released. And by then, it was too late, especially for those who were really hoping some rumors on 2ch came to pass. :lol

So, this time shall be different. I wonder how much from that old "we considered 'em!" list is going to make it in, now.... :D

Woot for Ai! Glad the roster is balanced.

Now we wait and see if there are even more new characters like some places are reporting...

FHIZ

Still holding out for Phoenix Wright. "Oh boo hoo we couldn't figure out moves for him" you know what I got to say to that?

OBJECTION

I so wish they'd got the Samurai Pizza Cats in. Is there a specific reason why theyre not in, like a license issue? They seem the most relevant and different to the rest of the Tatsunoko cast to be in...yet they are not :(

RedBoot

Actually, didn't we know a long time ago that Yatterman 1's 2P special was changed from using Yatterpelican to Yatterwan (like his 1P special)? Seeing as how Ai uses the pelican, that should have been a good sign she was in (besides the whole character leak a while back that had been 100% right up until then).

Anyway, everyone we know was going to be in is in, so anything else from here is just gravy. The stuff from the last page sounds like there could still be a number of characters to go, but hype can be misleading. At any rate, with the sides balanced now, any new characters are going to come in pairs. I could see Speedy and either Phoenix Wright or Ingrid being in, but even those are unlikely.

I'd bet Speed Racer and any Resident Evil or Devil May Cry characters are being held back for a potential TvC2.

Blueblur1

SecretBonusPoint said:
I so wish they'd got the Samurai Pizza Cats in. Is there a specific reason why theyre not in, like a license issue? They seem the most relevant and different to the rest of the Tatsunoko cast to be in...yet they are not :(
Wow, no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom