• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the best XBLA Exclusives?

watership

Yeah like others said.

I don't get it why 360 can't have games list like Steam has. It's always pain in the ass to download games again or to even remember what XBLA games you own.

You're complaining about something that's been available for years. On the Xbox, download history.

On the PC it's even better: https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Download/History

You can sorta via any type of download you've ever bought from theme to arcade etc.

VALIS

Some of my favorite XBLA exclusives (meaning no PS3 or PC):
Shadow Complex
Geometry Wars 2
Trenched
Toy Soldiers/Toy Soldiers Cold War
Hydro Thunder Hurricane
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
A World of Keflings
Scrap Metal
'Splosion Man/Ms. 'Splosion Man
Commanders: Attack of the Genos (kind of like Advance Wars with art deco styling. very underrated)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I see a lot of people calling Shadow Complex awesome. What makes it so awesome? Gameplay? Very polished? Plot?

It's heavily influenced by super metroid, so people are in it for the gameplay and map design. Good games based off that are pretty rare.

Also has challenge rooms and is a good length. Just a great package overall.

dralla

I see a lot of people calling Shadow Complex awesome. What makes it so awesome? Gameplay? Very polished? Plot?

It's basically Super Metroid in a super generic universe. It's well done for sure, I hope if they make another they leave behind the Tom Clancy plot and warehouse locations

Woorloog

Banned
It's basically Super Metroid in a super generic universe. It's well done for sure, I hope if they make another they leave behind the Tom Clancy plot and warehouse locations

Sadly comparison to Metroid is lost to me as i have not played those (don't hit me!). Noticed it is based of Orson Scott Card "Empire" novel. Urgh, don't like games based on novels, especially if i have not read them!
Ah well, i guess i'll buy SC if it ever comes on sale on XBLA, 1200MSP is too much for me, no matter how good the game is (might change this stance if someone manages to desing good dashboard and removes the ads).

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Trials HD.

Oh and also Trials HD. Nothing beats it. Absolutely nothing.
Trials Evolution. The extreme level I played at PAX makes Inferno II look like a cakewalk.

I'm a huge fan of Death Tank. I really wish they dropped the price so everyone can join the fun. I also enjoyed Schizoid (think GeoWars pacifism turned up to 11) and Shred Nebula (which is similar to SubSpace). A lot of my XBLA faves are getting back ported to iOS, which is interesting.

Alphahawk

Remember Super Metroid? It's basically that, only in an underground para-military fortress instead of space.

Edit: Ok saw that you said you haven't played Metroid, so I'll try to describe it differently. The game has no levels per say, rather it's one large open world, you need certain equipment to get to certain parts of the fort. Thus mostly the game is about exploration.

Also the game isn't really based on a novel by Orson Scott Card. OSC teamed up with Epic and Chair to make a novel based on the game before it was released. Story really isn't all that important in the game though, and the "Empire" novel is more closely related to the (as yet unreleased) sequel, than it is to the first game.

Gaspode_T

Don't forget about Indie Games, some of them are even made by long time GAF members (Orbitron, Alawishus Pixel, Aesop's Garden)

There is an awesome list here: http://www.grcade.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11888
...but if I had you check out 4 games to blow your mind about what the channel has it would be Escape Goat, Orbitron, Aban Hawkins & The 1000 Spikes and Wizorb. Some others would be Avatar Legends, Prismatic Solid and Soulcaster II.

TomServo

If you are an old-school gamer, Bionic Commando: Rearmed is a great update to one of the best NES games. Granted, it's not XBLA exclusive...

Top Bottom