• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

Marvie_3

Banned
I’m sorry 😐
lbt9Byk.jpg

E-DuB

New year like a fresh set of ice.
Go Nucks
Go Leafs
Go Preds
Good luck everyone and here’s to a competive season

Chris R

I'm just glad that Avs hockey is almost back for real, I'll need something uplifting to watch after finishing 13 reasons why

Quick

Banned
As much as I like Dominic Moore, if Aaltonen is better, you put him in vs. this Sportsnet discussion of whoeve signed him is going to look stupid if he gets subbed out.

As much as I like Dominic Moore, if Aaltonen is better, you put him in vs. this Sportsnet discussion of whoeve signed him is going to look stupid if he gets subbed out.

The guy signed for 1 mil for a year it's not like they invested heavily in him. It would look more stupid to force him in if there's a better option.

zroid

Banned

wasn't listening to the panel but it's not even true, even if you get past the stupidity of the argument. oh, I'm sure they will talk endlessly about how "the signing looks stupid now!" but Aaltonen was an unknown quantity and having effective depth signed to a cheap contracts is never a bad idea.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
It's obvious Leafs made mistakes with their FA signings... again.

But they acquired those guys because they are real gud human beans. Hainsey shouldn't be here. I'd rather have borgman/rosen/dermott/carrick for the last 3 spots. Moore was a mistake but it's not like Aaltonen was as good as rosen/borgman were and our only fallback was Gauthier or Brooks (not ready yet)

Fehr still being good is putting the double wrinkle on things as he's huge and has been capable in the past

Yawnier

Banned
It's obvious Leafs made mistakes with their FA signings... again.

But they acquired those guys because they are real gud human beans. Hainsey shouldn't be here. I'd rather have borgman/rosen/dermott/carrick for the last 3 spots. Moore was a mistake but it's not like Aaltonen was as good as rosen/borgman were and our only fallback was Gauthier or Brooks (not ready yet)

Fehr still being good is putting the double wrinkle on things as he's huge and has been capable in the past

I can halfway understand the reasoning behind the Hainsey signing but I personally wasn't big on it on day 1 and a few months later I'm still not happy with it tbh. The leafs are deeper at LD than most people probably think they are, especially with the two Swedes now.

I can live with the Moore signing because it is considerably cheaper and only for 1 year but Aaltonen should be the team's #4C to start the season imo, he has flat out been the better player of the two.

Top Bottom