• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

cackhyena

yeah, i'm leveled to 55 atm and my companions at 51 each. haven't used the Ascension grid yet aside from the first tutorial at the beginning. currently have 956 AP points.

the only issue i've run into: i can't kill any wasp type creatures. i've been doing level 45 hunters quests regularly with ease (rank 4 30/50 stars). one level 38 quest mission of killing wasps and my party gets destroyed. the wasp levels are at 28. so i'm guessing it's bc of the lack of ascension grid.
What...what are you doing?

I think this is the first open world game where I've actually enjoyed the open world aspect. Most of the time I find open worlds boring and repetitive, but I gotta admit, I'm really enjoying exploring this world and doing all the side stuff.

It's not going to be the first game to make me enjoy fishing though

You're welcome.

:)

I dunno how far I am. Just passed another camp after some wyverns. If I had known it was this long, I wouldn't have done it now or would have stocked up more. But I feel I'm too far in now to stop. This is seriously stupid. I don't know how they go from making these really great dungeons to these pieces of shit lol.

You should try the costlemark one right after you finish this one ;)

Ever gotten gameovers before? Well, you will now

Audioboxer

Gotta say the more I play the more I enjoy. Still only in chapter 3. The game is certainly more style over substance but the gameplay is fun and story is serviceable so far, if incredibly barebones. Sorry Square but I ain't watching a damn movie to make up for a games lack of story telling.

Side quests so far though are holy shit by the books MMO fetch quests. I love how the NPCs say stop by later then instantly you can pick up the next fetch quest in the line.

SHarris78

Chocobo racing is sooo hard. The others zoom past you and at times your bird decides to slow down for no reason, and I can't figure out the drifting for the life of me.

Hiliarious bug after the first boss loqi. A munch of magic soldiers spawned and were just shooting at my party during the cut scene while noct gives no fucks and walks through bullets.
These chapters are disappointly short.

LAA

Chocobo racing is sooo hard. The others zoom past you and at times your bird decides to slow down for no reason, and I can't figure out the drifting for the life of me.

It gets easier when you level up your chocobo and you can use mimett greens to increase all it's stats.

Surprised to see some people spent 150 hours and haven't beat it all yet, ha ha. I got to like 115 hours and I think I've done everything I know of. Done all side quests, (all unlocked ones anyway, don't know if theres any more broken down car ones I missed or injured people about), hunting quests, dungeons/sealed dungeons, all level 99.
Only things I haven't done is filled up the ascension grid completely, but hopefully something I can do in NG+ and caught all fish and probably all recipes (Didn't realise buying food at places unlocked recipes until late).

Gbraga

I think this is the first open world game where I've actually enjoyed the open world aspect. Most of the time I find open worlds boring and repetitive, but I gotta admit, I'm really enjoying exploring this world and doing all the side stuff.

It's not going to be the first game to make me enjoy fishing though

:)

What are the other games with fun fishing mechanics? This game got me interested.

Definitely agree about the open world. Not the first I enjoyed, but one of the few. When I see people complaining that there's nothing to do and the open world is pointless, that's usually a good sign for me.

Jeffrey

what stats are ones that matter?

Still having a hard time figuring out which accessories to equip, like is hp better than vitality?

Vic_Viper

Is that how it works? I had no idea.

Yea I know you need to increase Potency. But I wasnt sure if there was anything else I needed to get.

Anything above 99 is the next step for each magical ability. So Fire becomes Fira at 100. Not sure what number you need to be at though for the next step.

i'm currently doing a hunting mission where the condition has to be daytime and raining for the monster to come out. tricky......

What...what are you doing?
i'm about at chapter 13 so almost finished. i think it's from having a bad experience not having enough AP for either FF13 or FF10 and it drove me crazy if i used my AP and couldn't take my picks back and get the things i wanted later on.
so i thought just wait and see how far i can go without using it and once i accumulate enough AP i'm going to spend it all at once. maybe once the december update hits.

Zakalwe

Banned
Which Ascension skills do I need to unlock to get the higher grades of magic like Blizzaga?

That's not how it works.

Adding raw spell energy and catalysts increases potency.

1-99 is tier -
100-199 is tier 2 -
200+ is tier 3.

Edit: between above.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Yea I know you need to increase Potency. But I wasnt sure if there was anything else I needed to get.

Anything above 99 is the next step for each magical ability. So Fire becomes Fira at 100. Not sure what number you need to be at though for the next step.

There are nodes on the Grid that increase the potency of the magic when doing elemancy. I think there's like 2 or 3 that boost it each time.

Pretty sure that's the only way to get to the -aga level of spells other than through using items in elemancy as well.

In the Magic tree there are skills that automatically add 30, 50 and 100 to Potency when creating a spell, so those can get potency over 99.

Also, the more ingredients you add, the higher the potency. You can add more than one element to increase potency over 99, and several items also increase potency. The element you used the most of is the one that determines the element of the spell. Not sure how it works if you use equal amounts of 2+ elements.

Hope that helps.

Edit: The skills that add 50 and 100 cost 555 and 999 AP respectively. Not worth it IMO. The +30 potency is definitely worth it though.

Giolon

Played Chapter 9. Surprising, but not surprising. I can feel the lack of time/budget. It seems like we're just going to jump between the major story points at this point and just cut out all the fat in between. You can feel how they wanted to have open world in this chapter.

As for what goes down (Ch 9 spoilers):
the negotiation was super cool. I'd love to see a bit more of that type of thing.

Luna's death surprised me, but I guess it's not that surprising b/c they want to ape FFVII I guess? Luna's such a non-character though that it didn't affect me much at all. She felt underused the entire time.

Ignis's injuries though were a huge surprise, especially when the extent of them was revealed at the start of the next chapter. How's he going to be able to fight!?

That battle visually spectacular, but it felt like an asspull lol. It didn't feel earned.

cackhyena

i'm currently doing a hunting mission where the condition has to be daytime and raining for the monster to come out. tricky......

i'm about at chapter 13 so almost finished. i think it's from having a bad experience not having enough AP for either FF13 or FF10 and it drove me crazy if i used my AP and couldn't take my picks back and get the things i wanted later on.
so i thought just wait and see how far i can go without using it and once i accumulate enough AP i'm going to spend it all at once. maybe once the december update hits.
Huh. I spend them immediately. I assumed you can eventually max out the grid anyway. What with the AP accrued from traveling in the car and chocobos in the Ascension Grid. Also 1 point per warp strike kill.

What level are you?

Obligatory "Who??". Anyways I am still loving the post game. Some of the higher level monsters are fun to fight, but can be frustrating how fast they can kill you.

ghibli99

Finished it yesterday. Lv. 54, 45 hours. I have quite a few problems with this game, but overall, I really enjoyed it. These types of open-world action RPGs are becoming a favorite of mine (The Witcher 3 being a recent example), and I had a great time on the adventure. The overarching story was kinda meh, but the bond between you and your childhood friends is probably one of the better expressions of real relationships in any mainline FF game.

Overall, I'd give it a B+/A-. I'm really looking forward to seeing what changes/improvements come with future updates, and I hope that the FF7 remake has combat like this.

Randomly lost the last boss fight
during second phase and I don't even know how. The checkpoint is super shitty as well. Not a fan

In the Magic tree there are skills that automatically add 30, 50 and 100 to Potency when creating a spell, so those can get potency over 99.

Also, the more ingredients you add, the higher the potency. You can add more than one element to increase potency over 99, and several items also increase potency. The element you used the most of is the one that determines the element of the spell. Not sure how it works if you use equal amounts of 2+ elements.

Hope that helps.

Edit: The skills that add 50 and 100 cost 555 and 999 AP respectively. Not worth it IMO. The +30 potency is definitely worth it though.
If you use equal amounts of multiple elements, it'll randomly choose once when you cast it. For example, with no Ascension upgrades, if you dump in 99 of each element and mix in a Megalixir, you get Quintcast III, which will randomly cast one -ga spell up to five times. The spell icon will be a question mark instead of whatever element it usually is.

Yeah, this fight is shit.
Which is disappointing too, because the first phase was alright, and the boss before this was pretty good.

rataven

Oh what I wouldn't give for a beastiary. Some of these enemy designs look so freaking cool for the .45 seconds that I'm able to make them out in battle.

Why do we get a second OT ?
well, I noticed it's a neogaf thing , is it because we posted to many times on the OT/1?
20k replies in an OT makes it qualify for OT2.

Thanks, I can't believe i'm still learning about the systems 25 hours in.
The game doesn't explain it. I just learned it with Trial and Error as we can see the final crafting spell. As I improved potency, I noticed the spells getting upgraded.

How necessary is it to do the sidequests. I wanted to do them as they come but most of them are so boring and traveling to and from them takes such a long time. Hunts are fine.

Jeffrey

urgh why can't you equip more than 1 ability per character. Ignis got some rad abilities but I kinda have regroup permanently on.

Top Bottom