• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Re:Legend - monster raising RPG [PC/PS4/XB1/Switch] - KS concluded at 901% funding

Lain

I didn't vote for this past one.
Update #25: Pick-a-Magnus Winner, New Weapon Classes, Magnus Reveal Friday & 4500 Backers Special!

Hey guys! We're back with the awesome Friday update! Whew, there's a lot to talk about today and we believe that you are as excited as we are. Let's jump right into our week 3 Pick-a-Magnus result! We thought one of the crabs would win but you guys have once again surprised us with your votes. The winner of this week is... J - Seacolt!

tJOOqK9.png

Ta-daaa! Cute little seahorse isn't it? We hope you like it and for those who voted for other concepts, fret not as we might secretly slip some of them into the game in the future. ;)

Next up it's going to be something that all of us have been looking forward to for a very long time. It has also been our aim since the beginning of the campaign and here we have the new weapon types! We're really excited that the weapon types has been doubled and each of them have their own unique combat style. We'll explain more about them below and here's the sample of the new weapons:

dZ5M5hk.png

Knuckles

Knuckles are the counterpart of Dualswords and they are infused with magics. Every strike will launch magical punches in front of you so it has really high offensive power. The magic punches can also extend your attacking range and that in return will allow you to cover a bigger attacking area.

Great Shields

Great Shield are heavy weapon and counterpart of Greatswords. You wield the gigantic shield as a weapon and smash your enemies to pieces with it's overwhelming weight. The gem in the middle can also cast protective or offensive spells so it is a really helpful weapon.

Chakrams - We've changed Shurikens to Chakrams for more awesomeness!

Chakrams are range weapon similar to Bows and they are really big. We're not talking about normal size Chakrams but a big, huge, gigantic throwing Chakrams. They can be thrown like a boomerang towards your enemies and slice throw everything along the path.

Prisms

Prisms are crystals that was infused with high concentration of magic and they can be used to boost your magic power. By utilizing the Prisms, you will be able to attack at high speed and cast your spells quicker compared to staffs. They are less destructive but you will have higher mobility in return. Prism's attacks are also similar to those of a laser!

That covers the basic of new weapon types and we will be showcasing more of them as we progress. We're really happy that we will be able to add them to the game! :D

Now let us move on to the Magnus Reveal Friday! Introducing our cute little Dune Hound Pup! #magnusfriday

3d1LFte.png

Dune Hounds are ferocious Magnus that roams in the desert biome and they are extremely dangerous. Even in baby stage, their size is huge compared to other Magnus in the region. They are aggressive in nature and are excellent companion, provided if you are able to tame them before they bite your head off.

Dune Hound favorite/taming food: Prime Steak

Specialty: Combat, Mobility.

Last but not least, we'll be celebrating our 4500 backers milestone with another majestic Magnus Evolution Path! Today we will be looking at Nerlict Bug evolution!

9X0GocH.png

Nerlict Bugs are adaptive Magnus and they are night dwellers. They can be found at night in the forest biome and are easily spotted with their distinct purple glow around their body. Nobody knows much about their nature as they tend to disappear during the day so taming them is a challenge.

That's it for today's update and we hope you enjoy the update! Can't wait to catch the Magnus Breeding Stretch Goal Fish! <3

Lain

Ahah new update was posted not long after I decided to post the last one I saw XD

Update #26: Fish Farm & Underwater Farm!

Today we're going to talk about something special and something that we've always wanted ever since we have played Harvest Moon around 20 years ago. That is the ability to raise the fish that you have caught throughout the game. There was a tiny pond that allow us to keep fishes but it wasn't quite enough, we wanted something more. We want the ability to not only watch the fish grow, but to interact with the fish as well hence we have created the fish farm that we have today. The concept has been around for decades in our mind and we can finally make it happen!

In Re:Legend's fish farm feature, you will be able to keep and raise the fishes that you have caught around the world in your backyard. Since Vokka Village is located on an island, the environment is well suited for a lot of fishes due to it's natural surrounding and climate. Just throw your fish into the water and they should have no issue surviving and will grow happily as time goes on. Literally, just throw them like the gif below. :D

SAvfWLN.gif

There are plenty of fish to catch around the world and they come in different sizes as well. When the fish is still small, you can keep them within a nursing zone like the gif above and that will keep them safe and allowing them to grow over time. When the fish has grown big enough, you can let it swim in the water around your farm and they will not get lost or escape like smaller fishes. The Rabbitray above is a good example of "L" size fish that you can leave them roaming around your farm. Any fish above the size of "S"(Small) can be left outside the nursing zone as they are more independent and do not need as much care as smaller fishes. A point to be taken is that not all fish can grow up to "L" size so some might stop growing after hitting "M" size or stay as "S" size forever.

Even though having fishes roaming around your farm is cool, we still find it a little lacking so we have tried out different things in attempt to make it more interesting. In the end, we have decided to add the underwater farming as a complimentary feature. With underwater farming, you will be able to grow crops that can feed your fish and decorate the underwater area surrounding your farm. Each underwater crop has its own unique function and works really well with land crops so they will give you a boost in your adventure.

4Rku04m.gif

Some Magnus rely on underwater crops as food source as well so if you plan to raise aquatic Magnus, having an awesome underwater farm is a must! Who knows you might unlock their secret evolution through the underwater farm. ;)

That's it for today's update and we hope that you enjoy seeing the fish farm and underwater farm that we've showcased! <3

zeopower6

Do the creatures evolve or just grow bigger?

They will also grow and evolve depending on your care, so each of them has unique evolution conditions. Once the Magnus has grown enough and you have gain their trust, you can mount them and use their abilities at will. These abilities will be helpful in your adventure in many ways so make sure to take good care of them!

I guess their evolution allows additional abilities?

I've been waiting for them to add physical edition tier, but it doesn't seem likely anymore with 4 days left. Will back for a digital copy.

Griss

I'm not sure this game is my cup of tea - I prefer battling to raising - but I like the art style and music. Basically just wanted to pop in and say Falk you're a talented dude, love the themes you posted and good luck with the game.

zeopower6

I've been waiting for them to add physical edition tier, but it doesn't seem likely anymore with 4 days left. Will back for a digital copy.

I think with a game like this they'd probably do a physical after it's all done with. Probably not worth promising it too early on... also I recall seeing they were interested in it.

https://twitter.com/Toadsanime/status/885129846061445120

Personally I hope they do a deal with Soedesco or maybe LRG?

Kitkatt

Neo Member
I love everything about this game.I have backed it and I hope it's successful 100%.

But there is something that's bugging me.Its been 27 Kickstarter updates so far.And there are barely any new animations or in game screenshots/gifs of the game.Most are reused from the Trailer video.

If you are going to add and promise so many extra goals,please show me some extra in game progress to ease my(and other backers) worries.

To edit: I'm not asking for progress on goals or things recently announced.Just show us more of the base game.instead we are getting more concept art than anything else.

zeopower6

I love everything about this game.I have backed it and I hope it's successful 100%.

But there is something that's bugging me.Its been 27 Kickstarter updates so far.And there are barely any new animations or in game screenshots/gifs of the game.Most are reused from the Trailer video.

If you are going to add and promise so many extra goals,please show me some extra in game progress to ease my(and other backers) worries.

To edit: I'm not asking for progress on goals or things recently announced.Just show us more of the base game.

I think that's what a lot of the money will be going toward. Usually with things like this, you only get stuff beyond that initial concept trailer/mock up during the development process which can only happen after they get the funds. I wonder what the timeline though would be on the beta tests.

Oh, seems their previous game was this!

https://collective.square-enix.com/projects/261/legend-of-lumina

I thought it looked familiar... but Re:Legend is definitely a lot more refined.

kami_sama

The final stretch goal has been revealed! End Game+!
The funding rate has been quite constant since a while ago, if it picks up in the last days it should be possible to get it without much issue.

Lain

That's an interesting last stretch goal.

qTFNhML.png

I'm not worried about them reaching it either. Last 2 days usually bring in a nice influx of pledges (for successful runs at least) and even fi they don't reach it with the main campaign, there is always the possibility of them reaching it through slacker backers stuff.

Lain

Just saw the latest update and it deals a little bit with breeding so hey, doublepost!

Update #29: Magnus Breeding Stretch Goal Fish Caught & Final Boss Stretch Goal Fish Revealed!

3 more days left to go and the campaign will come to an end! Gather all your friends, family or anyone you know so we can give the campaign a final push! The final boss stretch goal fish has also been revealed but before that, we are going to talk about the most anticipated stretch goal fish that we've caught yesterday, the Magnus Breeding! Whoohoo! <3

Magnus breeding has always been something that we really want to have in the game and there were several ways for us to tackle the implementation. Our initial plan was to have Magnus interbreed between species but that would be too complex for us as a small team. The outcome would be way over thousands of unique Magnus with 3-4 stages of evolution so it is a little too ambitious. Instead, if we were to limit the breeding within species, the outcome would still be manageable. We have converted the interbreeding of different species into fusion. In a way, we have split the original idea into two parts so both of them would still work in a manageable scale. Here's a sample of how it would work:

kr4U53M.png

Looking at the chart, you can see that breeding Momochi with the same rarity has a chance to yield higher rarity ones and higher rarity Momochi will look really different compared to those that you will find in the wild. In this example, the horn color, coat pattern and coat color are different in each rarity and they will look better as the rarity gets higher. You can only find common rarity Magnus in the wild so any higher rarity Magnus would need to be bred.

An important thing to note is that their growth rate will remain the same even if they are of the rare breeds because we do not want to make breeding an obligated features for everyone. We also do not want to force players to give up on their first generation Magnus just because their stats are no longer relevant. You should love all your Magnus equally!

Now let us proceed to talk about the final boss stretch goal fish. We're really excited that we're hitting this point in the campaign. To be honest, we did not expect us to be landing so many stretch goal fishes but here we are today with Magnus Breeding stretch goal fish in hand. It's such an amazing experience and we'll be able to make Re:Legend even more amazing with all of these fishes.

yvLDObg.png

The End Game+ final boss fish will allow us to unlock extended end game content and that will improve the overall gameplay experience after beating the final main story boss. There will be a final dungeon filled with random generated content and they will contain new bosses, Magnus and more. This will also help to keep you busy while we develop new expansions and updates in the future.

That's it for today's update and we look forward to land this final boss stretch goal fish! <3

Alexlf

First time seeing this thread, glad I didn't miss the kickstarter. Game looks amazing. It'll be a pain to wait however many years, but hopefully will be worth it.

Lain

Latest update courtesy of Falk deals with music:

Update #30: Music Dynamic Showcase Update!

Hello Re:Legend fans, Falk here with a special update about the music of Re:Legend.

As you may know from the Kickstarter campaign, myself and my two great friends and awesome musicians Shota Nakama and Yoshitaka Suzuki will be composing for the game. This is a very, very special project to me, as our past collaborations on titles like Final Fantasy XV had me handling engineering duties, while Shota orchestrated and Yossy arranged and composed. For Re:Legend's soundtrack, on the other hand, compositional duties will be shared by all three and we cannot wait to reveal more of what we have created.

We'd like to talk a little more about the music of Re:Legend. Magnus Games are very supportive of crafting an extraordinary soundtrack for the game, and indeed even the first stretch goal was for live orchestra recording!

Our concept for the music soundscape of Re:Legend borrows from core concepts that have worked to deliver memorable melodies in a dynamically changing format, and builds on those in new ways. As a fan of game music, I feel that memorable melodies is the most important part of a game's musical identity. We want to make sure that while playing the game and even after, that hearing certain leitmotifs recalls the association with locales, characters or events in the game.

At the same time, we also believe that a musical score that adapts to the situation in-game can deliver a great impact. For example, music that changes when walking indoors or outdoors, or when day turns to dusk, while retaining the same melodic motif associated with a certain area.

I present a very short video demonstrating this concept. The second demo track for the Kickstarter, the &#8216;Day Theme', is more specifically meant to be the Day version of the Vokka Village theme. Please check out the video below:

https://ksr-video.imgix.net/assets/018/033/128/dcdbf3ba9f9ab916fa452d77411f64c6_h264_high.mp4

We will be composing and arranging the soundtrack in such a way that the music can change seamlessly depending on the situation in the game for any given area. On top of that, day/night cycle, and perhaps even seasons may change the style of the music.

Careful listeners may have noticed that, in the video above, the &#8216;Vokka Day Theme' has subtle changes already compared to the demo track presented in the Kickstarter campaign. This is a small taste of the transition to live recordings - while still highly work-in-progress, the Day Theme currently already has the performances of Burak Besir on flute, and Matheus Garcia Souza on solo violin.

As an engineer, producer and composer who has worked on many games, film and anime, on both music created by myself and others, it is very important for me to be able to work with sample libraries, or synthesized instruments. The technology and products have gotten very, very good in recent years and the quality of the final product in the hands of a master sequencer can sound pretty amazing! However, even then, nothing beats a live recording, and we aim to bring the compositions to the next level via our recording production company, SoundtRec, and the brilliant musicians of Shota Nakama's Video Game Orchestra.

While we will be recording the full ensemble at a later date, here's a little bit about Burak and Matheus, whom you can hear in the video above already!

Matheus Garcia Souza is a Brazilian violinist, instructor and conductor with an eclectic musical background. His early interest in Brazilian popular music, also known as Choro, gave him tools to go beyond the strict classical training imposed in most violinists. His latest performances include touring Japan with the New York Symphonic Ensemble, soloing in Brazil with the Londrina State University Symphony Orchestra, and recording soundtracks in the United States for franchises such as Final Fantasy, Tomb Raider, and Kingdom Hearts.

xRborJZ.jpg

Internationally acclaimed and award winning flutist, composer and producer, Burak Besir was born in Cyprus. He has studied under legendary flutist Sir James Galway, and held principal and second flute positions in the Istanbul State Opera and Ballet and at the Istanbul Borusan Philharmonic Orchestra. Burak attended Berklee College of Music in Boston, during which he performed with the Video Game Orchestra on numerous sold-out shows. Burak currently resides in Los Angeles where he continues his career as performer, recording artist and film music composer.

ioIAjp4.jpg

Here's Burak recording Re:Legend's track:

https://ksr-video.imgix.net/assets/018/033/178/82c6119c0376667d1b30c9480b090ba2_h264_high.mp4
(p.s. Burak played the flute on Yoshitaka Suzuki's ”Wanderlust" from the FFXV Original Soundtrack!)

What you currently hear on the Kickstarter campaign is only the beginning and we cannot wait to show more of what we've been putting together!

Note: Since this is a big update, we'll leave the 5500 Backers Special for tomorrow's update!

Man, gotta say that the music evolving as the village evolves, the time changes etc is pretty damn nice.

kami_sama

Man, gotta say that the music evolving as the village evolves, the time changes etc is pretty damn nice.

Yeah, reactive music is great. Having a single song is good, but if you're trying to make the game more "organic", having it change can be a world of difference.

BTW, 466k! We gonna make it!

Alexlf

Wow, even if it's just a tiny peak at it, I'm loving that music. Seamless music transitions with common melodies are one of my favorite details in games. Aside from Nintendo games it seems oddly rare.

Falk

that puzzling face
Off top of head, non-exhaustive list

Atelier series

FFXIII-2

FFXV

Sid Meier's Pirates

Sonic Generations

edit: Mages of Mystralia

It's one of the more common dynamic music mechanisms.

I love all those games

Alexlf

Off top of head, non-exhaustive list

Atelier series

FFXIII-2

FFXV

Sid Meier's Pirates

Sonic Generations

edit: Mages of Mystralia

It's one of the more common dynamic music mechanisms.

I love all those games

Oh, thanks for the heads up on Mages of Mystralia. Never heard of it till now, I'll need to pick it up.

kami_sama

Mages of Mystralia has nice music. I was pretty happy to back at the OST tier for it.

Btw, as usual, the last few days have seen a nice surge in money.
The campaign received 23k yesterday and are at 31k today so far (it was at 25k like 2-3 hours ago), which brought back up the trending toward to 500k+ while the actual pledged amount is at 480k.

I guess the endgame goal is gonna be met pretty soon.

Like always, the last days have a HUGE surge of money.
It will go to more than 550k, mark my words.

I've voiced my skepticism of this project before, and remain incredibly skeptical now, but am nonetheless glad the kickstarter was such a success. Wishing the devs all the best and hope they make something really great.

zeopower6

Kinda crazy that in the last day or two it's been 1,000+ additional backers.

550,000SGD - 600,000SGD is my estimate for where this will finish at. Any higher though is great!

zeopower6

An update seems like it'll be out soonish regarding the final goal being reached.

@Everyone Thank you so much and words cannot describe how grateful we are to all of you! Additional funding will be going into polishing the game and tier based backers free gifts will be revealed in an update later today! :D

Free gifts? Like what hm...

zeopower6

Just backed it for the Art Collector Tier.

My question is, is the Art book the same as the Stratagy guide, ala Mighty no 9?

No, they are separate. They were rather unclear about that...

First - physical artbook was available in one tier along with digital while digital strategy guide was in another
Then - digital strategy guide was an add-on if you wanted it but quickly changed to physical strategy guide.
Now - digital strategy guide made into an add-on yet again alongside physical.

And the only way to get a physical strategy guide is through the add-on.

I kind of hope the physical strategy guide comes with a digital copy too. With shipping, I think it's about 50 for the physical version.

Lain

Latest update:

Update #31: Last 24 Hours Super Duper Update!

Hey guys! We made it to the S$500k final boss stretch goal fish and it's time to celebrate! WHOOOHOOOO! Great work everyone, the final boss fish is finally down! It was a tough boss but all of you took it down like it was nothing. That again, has surpassed all our expectations by a huge stretch. We were expecting it to hit the mark on the final day but it was achieved within such a short amount of time. There's still 24 hours left and that's crazy!

BAjMhKW.png

Shall we take a little bit of time to admire the final boss fish? It's a super huge and scary fish but we can't believe you guys have actually managed to land it. We would like to take this time to congratulate all of you and all your contributes count, no matter how big or small they are. With the final boss fish landed, we will be able to extend the end game beyond our original plan and it will improve the overall game experience by many folds.

No game is complete without a great end game so we're sure Re:Legend will be even more awesome with the End Game+ unlocked. Since the final boss fish has been explained previously and the description on the side is pretty obvious, we'll move on to the next update content as we have more to talk about today.

In order to celebrate your achievement of landing the final boss fish, we've prepared some gifts for all of you and we hope that you will like it in the game:

uC6LNBU.png

You will be receiving one of these wings depending on the tier that you've pledged and they are unique to the current campaign only. No wings can be found in the game in the future so they are extremely rare and this will be the only way to get them. It is a gift from us to show our gratitude and that you have contributed for a great cause. You guys are like angels that has brought Re:Legend to life so wings will suit you guys the best!

Wing tiers:

Celestial Wing: Legendary Tamer or S$1040 & above.

Shadow Wing: Blacksmith or S$420 & above.

Golden Wing: Art Collector or S$210 & above.

Silver Wing: Momochi/Draconewt Tamer or S$100 & above.

Copper Wing: Standard Copy & above.(Early birds included)

Note: Your final tier will be taken into account once the campaign has come to an end tomorrow so you can no longer edit it after the campaign.

Next up would be the Special Backers Special! We've combined 5500-6500 backers special so it will be something really special! We've seen many of you who wanted one of the concept and was sad about it being abandoned, but no worries, we're bringing it to life today! We present you the Rollfin!

By2rH1t.png

Surprise surprise! The little Rollfin is alive and has grown into an awesome Magnus! This will be the first time for us to showcase a full evolution path directly and we hope that it will make some of you happy. Don't worry about other concepts being abandoned as we've planned to revive some of them from the dead as well. Hope you like how the little Rollfin turned out and more will be revived as time goes on!

That's it for today's update and sorry that there will not be a final Pick-a-Magnus today as we're busy reviving the cute little Rollfin and making the wings for all of you. For those who are disappointed, fret not as we're planning to host more Pick-a-Magnus in the future updates! Even though we can't do it every week, we would like to do it on a monthly basis if possible. We love the community interactions so much that we do not want to break the tradition, so let's keep going forward together even after the campaign has ended!

We've also created a new forum on our official website earlier today, so you guys can hang around while we're busy developing the game! <3

Official website forum: https://www.play-relegend.com/forum/

There's around 24 more hours to go so let's do the final, final push! We can do this!

I got the Master Tamer tier so Silver Wings for me. Would love the black ones but that's too high for me.

Top Bottom