• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan Season 2 |OT| NO MANGA TALK

Status
Not open for further replies.
The budget on each episode better be damn high...

What matters more is if they can keep a consistent production schedule. But its WIT Studio which has the tendency to taper off after the opening episodes. Not saying the show won't look good, but if it doesn't it won't be because of money.

Honestly, I've seen enough crappy original endings and filler arcs to manga adaptations that I'm okay with them taking a break to actually have material to work with. People are too impatient.

jett

D-Member
Will watch.

I wish I hadn't read some of the manga after S1 ended. My expectations story-wise are pretty low.

Jigolo

Goodness it's been so long since I've used crunchyroll. 3 months for $20 ain't bad. This and boku no hero season 2 for the next 3 months

Some crazy people told me Crunchyroll is free?! So on Saturday whenever the show releases I'll be able to watch it for free?!

mdubs

Banned
Honestly, I've seen enough crappy original endings and filler arcs to manga adaptations that I'm okay with them taking a break to actually have material to work with. People are too impatient.
I agree, I'd take them breaking it up as opposed to going for 3 years without more. In hindsight they should have done split cour for the first season so that there wouldn't be an insanely long gap

Kaizer

Banned
Man, this and My Hero Academia coming back tomorrow is bliss. I've read quite a bit ahead in both, so I'm excited to see them in action. So this is only going for 12 episodes? Have they said whether it's a 1-cour or 2-cour?

Kaizer

Banned
Just the 1

Mehhhhhh, okay. Sorta bummed on that note, but as long as they don't make us wait another 3 years for another season, I'm good. There's definitely enough material for a 2-cour if they wanted to though. Hopefully this helps with breaks for the show.

I think people have issues with the episode count because they have more than enough manga content to cover a 24 episode season. Unlike with S1, in which by the time they finished, Isayama barely finished the arc that is getting adapted in S2.

Anyways, I hope this means we get a season per year now, the manga definitely seems like it's getting close to its final arcs.

ShadyK54

'Attack on Titan Season 2' feels good to say. Been waiting awhile for this.

Love the first season & was caught up on the manga for a bit (I've since fallen behind & don't remember most important story bits), but I'm excited nonetheless.

Tagg9

I'm hoping the simuldub comes out within a week. Funimation always does quality work in that regard.

tumblr_inline_mpot3mdVwF1qz4rgp.png

ALSO FEATURING - Potato Girl, Bert and Ernie, a girl made of crystal, Speed Weed, Based Erwin, Christa and Gay for Christa, The Skulls Parasite Unit, Marco’s Corpse, King Kong, The Basement and Jeans. Oh yeah and Connie.

Hey fuck you! The short little twat is my favorite.

Sooo, basement or no? I'm guessing no.

kurahador

I was expecting this season to be at least double of the first season episodes count to even cover half of the next manga materials. Oh well.

Narag

hey i won the subtitle contest
crunchyroll not going to simulcast this?

And what better way to celebrate than to announce the arrival of Attack on Titan Season 2 coming to Crunchyroll this spring! That's right, the hotly anticipated sequel will be here soon, starting Saturday, April 1 at 7:30am PT for members in the following territories: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Nordics, Netherlands,South Africa, Central and South America.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-985789/spring-2017-lineup-updated-with-times

Signed up for Crunchyroll premium trial, $7 canadian after 2 weeks for anyone up north. If AoT season 2 is good, will keep it. Spent $7 on a sandwich today.

Defuser

Oh nice the most overrated show second to Cowboy Bepop is finally here!

Wait, its only 1 cour? Despite a 4 year break? They got enough material to cover 2 cours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom