• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

Moonbow is just fantastic in general. I put it on Roy too and it activates every time on an Attack/Defense/Attack move. I one shot units way more than I used to (I never put Triangle Adept on my Roy so I could use him more defensively against all units).

HnW4cPp.jpg

What skills should I inherit to make this team viable.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I honestly didnt think FE-gaf would be so into this game, even so many weeks later. I should maybe actually get back into it.

Is it even worth it to get Cherche from 4* to 5*? I put Camilla's Brave Axe on her and she kicks ass, but the prevalence of archers everywhere and her low res is putting me off integrating her into my team.

That's exactly the sort of advice I'm looking for.

If anyone has any other ideas I'd love to hear them.

Nino is definitely the crux of my offense but the others will be called upon to pull their weight depending on matchups.

Put Desperation on Nino! Then in the the A slot you can put Fury so she can proc the desperation. This will allow her to one shot Hector and many other mages as well. Desperation makes it so both your attacks happen before the counter.

Is it even worth it to get Cherche from 4* to 5*? I put Camilla's Brave Axe on her and she kicks ass, but the prevalence of archers everywhere and her low res is putting me off integrating her into my team.

I would wait. Next banner may have Minerva and the next grand hero battle is Michalis who comes with a skill that negates disadvantages. Either of those may be a better option and could save you the feathers.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder when Nintendo will change the free hero rotation. Kind of sucks that there is no point into doing them anymore, since I did all of them.

Cerium

What's a good B Skill on Nino? I'm considering Wings of Mercy 2 or Escape Route 2 for mobility.

Also I can do Darting Blow 3 from Florina. Better option than Fury 3?

Put Desperation on Nino! Then in the the A slot you can put Fury so she can proc the desperation. This will allow her to one shot Hector and many other mages as well. Desperation makes it so both your attacks happen before the counter.

Ooooh that's a good one! Brilliant! And I've got two Shannas to sacrifice for this cause!

So I'm going to end up with

Nino
Weapon: Gronnblade+
Assist: Draw Back
Special: Moonbow from Palla
A: Fury 3 from Hinata
B: Desperation 3 from Shanna
C: Hone Attack 3

I wonder when Nintendo will change the free hero rotation. Kind of sucks that there is no point into doing them anymore, since I did all of them.

I'm hoping they update it soon. I'm guessing it will happen when they add more story chapters, but who knows when that is. Maybe April?

Cerium

Now I need a plan for Ninian, and a Special and an A for buff master Eirika.

Also need to lock down my 4th slot. Tiki? Cordelia? Takumi?

ggx2ac

Now I need a plan for Ninian, and a Special and an A for buff master Eirika.

Also need to lock down my 4th slot. Tiki? Cordelia? Takumi?

Are you talking about Arena? Because you'd have to change one character every week due to the bonus heroes.

macklelol

Any suggestions to what A slot skill to give to Palla? I'd figure Darting Blow or Speed +3 would be fine for her. If it matters, my team is made up of all/mostly fliers.

Moonbow is just fantastic in general. I put it on Roy too and it activates every time on an Attack/Defense/Attack move. I one shot units way more than I used to (I never put Triangle Adept on my Roy so I could use him more defensively against all units).

I'm thinking about running Moonbow + Killer weapon on a speedy unit for the same reason. I have a dupe Odin, so I won't be losing anything.

Tell me about it, only I sold most of them for feathers way before I knew skill inheritance was on the horizon, ugh. I wonder if they're holding out for Echoes? Putting those characters in the hero rotation in addition to an Alm/Celica/whoever else would be great for advertising.

Totakeke

You need two ticks of HP loss from Fury 3 to activate Desperation 3. I would honestly give Darting Blow 3 a strong consideration for Nino. There's no quick answer for this as you really have to go down the list of characters to see whether the trade-off is worth it.

Quixzlizx

I did something really stupid today. I had a spare Ephraim, and I leveled him up to 40 today because I thought the SP would transfer over, but they don't. But next month they're going to change it so merged units also transfer over their skills, so I'm going to wait until then to learn skills on a second Ephraim, then transfer them over.

HoodWinked

got 72 orbs now from just collecting every day and quests. the current summoning focus is pretty much trash so waiting for a better summoning focus to dump the orbs.

Cerium

got 72 orbs now from just collecting every day and quests. the current summoning focus is pretty much trash so waiting for a better summoning focus to dump the orbs.

I blew like 60 orbs to get Ninian and regret nothing.

Still got 76 in the bank with plenty more available from quests.

I'm doing the same. It is a bad banner, and White will be nerfed if any of the healers here remain 5* in subsequent banners. It's becoming a worse color to pick as time goes on.

I'd be happy just to get a Kagero. I can put her on Defense, and likely get 500 Feathers with the right team mates.

PK Gaming

Okay people here is my predicament. I'm spending most of my free time in Hyrule these days so I haven't been able to keep up with the crazy new meta. I've just been focusing on leveling my new 5* and haven't been planning mergers or anything. Here's what I've got:

Someone tell me who should be getting sacrificed to who!

Pick your favorite, most reliable units and give them Fury 3 (from Hinata)

I would wait. Next banner may have Minerva and the next grand hero battle is Michalis who comes with a skill that negates disadvantages. Either of those may be a better option and could save you the feathers.
Thanks, mate! I think I'll get Nino up to 5* and try my best at the arena while waiting for the next banner.

so when it comes to inheriting skills, do i need to level up the source character? Like if I want rank 2 of a skill, do i need to teach them the level 1(the source) or teach the receiving character the level 1 from another source first?

PK Gaming

so when it comes to inheriting skills, do i need to level up the source character? Like if I want rank 2 of a skill, do i need to teach them the level 1(the source) or teach the receiving character the level 1 from another source first?

Nope

You can learn any and all skills available to a character, even if they're unlearned. That said, certain skills are locked behind certain ranks, so you'll still need to raise certain units.

Nope

You can learn any and all skills available to a character, even if they're unlearned. That said, certain skills are locked behind certain ranks, so you'll still need to raise certain units.

So for example in your above suggestion of fury 3 do I:

A) Get Hinata to where he can learn it before feeding him to someon

B) Feed 3 Hinata to learn each rank in succession

C) None of the above?

Edit: I figured it out. I was being super hesitant to poke stuff on that screen :p

You need two ticks of HP loss from Fury 3 to activate Desperation 3. I would honestly give Darting Blow 3 a strong consideration for Nino. There's no quick answer for this as you really have to go down the list of characters to see whether the trade-off is worth it.

Fury also makes Nino resilient to green and definitely blue mages who she can bait out to attack her. So I think the idea is she would be attacked for some damage, and then Fury would put her in the desperation threshold.

PK Gaming

C) None of the above?

A is correct, provided that "get Hinata to where he can learn it" involves ranking up to 4 stars.

You can inherit up to three skills, and you must inherit Fury 1, Fury 2 and Fury 3 all together

Juni_

C) None of the above?
You need to get Hinata to 4 stars and give fury 1, 2, and 3 onto the unit you want to give the skills to. You only need 1 Hinata to do that.

jwhit28

I wasn't prepared for the depth of something like skill inheritance. Think I'm just gonna sit back and let the guys and girls in the lab figure out the good stuff.

Totakeke

Fury also makes Nino resilient to green and definitely blue mages who she can bait out to attack her. So I think the idea is she would be attacked for some damage, and then Fury would put her in the desperation threshold.

If Nino makes the first attack and then gets attacked in return, the first combat round would cause her to be at a worse effective health than before due to -6hp. So it makes her less resilient unless she gets attacked first at full HP, which I find unlikely due to having dancers in the team.

The biggest argument in favor of Fury is for higher arena score.

FireVoa

I have no idea what to give to Hector, I've never been good at this kind of stuff

I'm in the same boat. I put Pivot on my Hector and Triangle Adept on my MRobin and that's about it. I keep thinking about who to dive into next but I get anxious thinking I might build my units wrong. Basically just scanning here and reddit looking for builds for my Hector, MRobin, Tharja, Lucina, Julia, Catria and Kagero (my only 5 stars).

If Nino makes the first attack and then gets attacked in return, the first combat round would cause her to be at a worse effective health than before due to -6hp. So it makes her less resilient unless she gets attacked first at full HP, which I find unlikely due to having dancers in the team.

The biggest argument in favor of Fury is for higher arena score.

Yea I just use the Res 3 and because her health is low any small amount of damage she trades usually gets her in desperation range. So maybe save Fury for someone else.

Like I just did with Ninian! I'm ready to play with a teleporting dancing dragon.

Edit. Also Fury may not have as much impact on the next arena season.

Sushen

Would inherited skills transfer over when we promote the character? Otherwise, I need to promote before giving anything to a 4*.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm hoping next banner has more heroes I'm interested in. There are a few that look nice, but there are some focus heroes I really wouldn't want to get.

Cerium

Back up to 82 orbs and there are still 15 more I can get from quests without much difficulty, not counting dailies.

I'll level both and figure it out later. Thanks for noting this.

Would you still say Desperation 3 is the right choice for B or is there something better?

Cerium

This, also FTP player Are Basically screwed with this right?

Your mileage may vary. I'm FTP and I'm building a badass team right now. Should be competitive against everything except the fattest whales who I wouldn't see in Arena anyway due to matchmaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom