• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 34: Game Changers |OT| We Have To Go Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

Something about Zeke's over exuberance about this game is just slightly off putting.
Zeke really, really likes being the center of attention.

It's been his downfall both times he plays- when he's not in control/making moves he just starts doing things just to do them.

qkGfib.gif

This is pretty much the personification of Zeke in the background of this.

Congrats to Sarah, wasn't rooting for her in the beginning of the season but she grew on me. Don't know why on earth Culpepper would take her to the finals.

Loved that new way of final tribal. Much better as an open group discussion.

But jesus, it truly shows yet again how fucking stupid final 3's are. It's always just two good players and a goat. So much so that here we had the goat not even trying and flat out accepting his loss and simply thanking the jury for playing. Please for the love of GOD bring back final 2's!

That's interesting that in a 5-5 tie, the one person in the Final 3 with no vote would end up becoming a juror and cast the winning vote.

Well fuck me then, that rule makes it sound like final 3's are the definitive ending for the rest of the show then. Welp.

It certainly sounds like an exciting rule, if a tie were to ever happen, but it sounds like it's just some justification for the goat to be there. Simply for that small chance that a tie occurs and the goat actually gets to cause some excitement.

Congrats to Sarah, wasn't rooting for her in the beginning of the season but she grew on me. Don't know why on earth Culpepper would take her to the finals.

But jesus, it truly shows yet again how fucking stupid final 3's are. It's always just two good players and a goat. So much so that here we had the goat not even trying and flat out accepting his loss and simply thanking the jury for playing. Please for the love of GOD bring back final 2's!

In a final 2, the goat would get no votes and it's boring and obvious. Final 3's give 2 viable winners usually,

kirblar

Goat + 2 contenders >>>>> Goat + 1 contender.

Seriously, it got changed in the first place because EVERY FTC WAS A BLOWOUT.

xfactor99

In a final 2, the goat would get no votes and it's boring and obvious. Final 3's give 2 viable winners usually,

Sarah wins 7-3-0
Adam wins 10-0-0
Michelle wins 5-2-0
Jeremy wins 10-0-0
Mike wins 6-1-1
Natalie wins 5-2-1
Tyson wins 7-1-1
Cochran wins 8-0-0
Denise wins 6-1-1
Kim wins 7-2-0
Sophie wins 6-3-0
Rob wins 8-1-0
5-4, 6-3, 7-2, 4-3, 4-2-1, 9-0, 5-4

idk especially recently I don't think the F3 has helped much

Grexeno

The reason the Final 3 exists is because players like Lex, Kathy, Cesternino, Fairplay, Ian, Rafe, and Terry kept getting voted out at 3.

kirblar

Sarah wins 7-3-0
Adam wins 10-0-0
Michelle wins 5-2-0
Jeremy wins 10-0-0
Mike wins 6-1-1
Natalie wins 5-2-1
Tyson wins 7-1-1
Cochran wins 8-0-0
Denise wins 6-1-1
Kim wins 7-2-0
Sophie wins 6-3-0
Rob wins 8-1-0
5-4, 6-3, 7-2, 4-3, 4-2-1, 9-0, 5-4

idk especially recently I don't think the F3 has helped much
It would be worse with a F2.

The margins of the winners would increase dramatically on average.
The reason the Final 3 exists is because players like Lex, Kathy, Cesternino, Fairplay, Ian, Rafe, and Terry kept getting voted out at 3.
Not completely true, it's also because the game devolved to where there was no tension at FTC cause everyone pulled the obvious Goat along.

vypek

Don't like the theme. And I feel like a massive chunk of people are hustlers who work to get whatever needs to be done taken care of. And can easily be encompassed by the heroes especially

If there was a final 2 this season, Sarah or Brad drag Troyzan to F2 and get every vote. How is that better?

If players are aware of a F2 possibility there's zero way Troyzan makes it past the F5 vote. Pretty sure everyone knows it's just not gonna happen with 20 person seasons and 10 people left by day 30 (right after KR, which had 3 evacs but STILL a F3), but they'd obviously play differently if a F2 was a likely scenario.

F*ck. I really wanted Tai to win. Dude should have never given away his idol for Aubrey.

Brad's a real jerk and I cant believe he was dumb enough to think he could beat Sarah.

If players are aware of a F2 possibility there's zero way Troyzan makes it past the F5 vote. Pretty sure everyone knows it's just not gonna happen with 20 person seasons and 10 people left by day 30 (right after KR, which had 3 evacs but STILL a F3), but they'd obviously play differently if a F2 was a likely scenario.

Really? Because Kim made it there in season 3, lost 5-2. No suspense. Matthew made it there in season 6, lost 6-1. Had no chance. Lil made it in season 7, was previously voted out, lost 6-1. Katie made it with Tom, lost 6-1, was only shocking that it wasn't 7-0. Danni beat Stephenia 6-1. Aras beat Danielle 5-2. Tony beat Woo 8-1. Goats can and DO get to final 2 when the players know it's a final 2.

Really? Because Kim made it there in season 3, lost 5-2. No suspense. Matthew made it there in season 6, lost 6-1. Had no chance. Lil made it in season 7, was previously voted out, lost 6-1. Katie made it with Tom, lost 6-1, was only shocking that it wasn't 7-0. Danni beat Stephenia 6-1. Aras beat Danielle 5-2. Tony beat Woo 8-1. Goats can and DO get to final 2 when the players know it's a final 2.

I don't think a Final 2 automatically makes for a suspenseful vote, but the F5 vote discussion for this season stops being "there's one spot besides Troyzan at FTC" and turns into "there are NO spots at FTC if we don't get Troyzan out" if you add a F2 into play. You (in theory, with good players) have less reason to keep goats in because they're much more likely to take your spot if they make it close to the end. (Cirie figured it out in Panama and I believe that might have been the norm if we didn't immediatelly shift into F3 afterwards, but who knows)

It's not as simple as adding an immunity challenge at F3 if the players are aware a F2 is a possibility.

t-storm

Did Debbie get any airtime during the reunion? Woman is truly delusional and vile. Nearly has a nervous breakdown this season because of Culpepper then sings his praises on the jury, "I get you man."

kirblar

I don't think a Final 2 automatically makes for a suspenseful vote, but the F5 vote discussion for this season stops being "there's one spot besides Troyzan at FTC" and turns into "there are NO spots at FTC if we don't get Troyzan out" if you add a F2 into play. You (in theory, with good players) have less reason to keep goats in because they're much more likely to take your spot if they make it close to the end. (Cirie figured it out in Panama and I believe that might have been the norm if we didn't immediatelly shift into F3 afterwards, but who knows)

It's not as simple as adding an immunity challenge at F3 if the players are aware a F2 is a possibility.
The thing is, it's now "how do I sit against Troyzan in the end?" People rarely, rarely take out obvious goats.

erawsd

Ew, so Brad managed to take this, huh? Sarah messing up her speech badly.

Are they discouraged from making personal pleas about the money? "I'm a single parent and can't put food on the table but Brad is a millionaire, why pick him" or something.

Thats something I really enjoyed about this tribal. There was no sob story, it was strictly about the game.

Seriously though, Id really like to see Survivor Worldwide.

I want to see different nationalities

I think that is a great idea, way more interesting than some of the other "social experiments" they've been doing.

_Nemo

Right person won. Love how Ozzy tried to make it all about him. Hopefully we are done with him.

Yeah Ozzy's speech irritated me. Obviously not everyone has a strong physical game and can't survive without getting their hands dirty. So people have to use their personal strengths that they have and use those, and that might mean hurting others.

If you have 0 social game and win 100% of the challenges and sit at final 3, you definitely would not be getting my vote. At the end of the day the social aspects matter way more because it's a social game at heart, not a physical one.

Thats something I really enjoyed about this tribal. There was no sob story, it was strictly about the game.
The sob stories always feel fake to me anyway. If someone is being fake about how they played the game the jury can call them on their shit. Not so much if they're crying over their dog dying when they were 17 or whatever.

This is some bullshit. Brad deserved to win this game.

EDIT: Brad basically sucked the soul out from Tai during those last few votes. Tai looked so defeated, and for good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom