• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teaser for Netflix's Castlevania (July 7, animation, written by Warren Ellis)

RPGCrazied

Nice. Looks cool. Glad they went with animation. Live action probably would have been to expensive and looked cheap looking.

Makonero

WARREN ELLIS WOOOO

looks good

ucGv4Pm.jpg

this next please

The animation is 100 times better than I thought it would be. But still only looks alright especially if its only 4 30 minute episodes.

zulux21

here's hoping this is good.
is watched by many.
and finally starts an age of adult animation with action/stories instead of just the comedy stuff we get right now.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Looks better than I was expecting. And Warren Ellis? Okay, Netflix. You got my attention.

Narag

4???

That is not enough.

There's an old Ellis blog post about his original script in 2007 needed three 80 minute movies. Wouldn't be surprised if S1 & S2 is based on that since he's apparently already written S2. Conspicuous absence of Grant lines up with the old script too.

Aw what, they left out a really cool intro sequence to the trailer. I wonder if they'll upload it later.

I thought they were making a live-action show.

What made you think that? The announcement was that it's being done with Frederator Studios. Cartoon cartoon! :D

This isn't being done by a Japanese animation studio? Those designs are anime as fuck. It also doesn't look like it's being done in Flash either.

The animation itself isn't being done in-house at Frederator.

zulux21

Is this the 1st American animated series for adults since Spawn?

(Non comedy I mean)

as someone else said we had samurai jack.
we also had Vixen.

but yeah they are few and far between and it is really dumb given how much can be done in an animated medium compared to live action.

maybe with DC starting up their own channel we will see more animated stuff aimed at adults using DC characters...

I mean I can dream right :p

This looks good...really good it has a Madhouse Studio look to the characters. Between this and Voltron, Netflix knows how to pick them.

Top Bottom