• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

spiritfox

Archers were what I was thinking of so yeah. AA is going to become a pain in the ass with CYL Lyn and Reinhardt on every team, so a relatively attainable response to both would be nice. 40k+ feathers into a specialized character I wouldn't use outside of AA is still a tough pill to swallow either way.

On the subject of 40k feather sinks I keep finding Cherches that are close but 'not quite' what I want. +ATK -HP, +ATK -DEF...
attack+3 for everybody

That's why everyone should do Raven FRobin. She da best. Not her art thou.

Ninferno

Something really weird happened to me. I got this 302 arena defense win, which would translate to 604 had a bonus unit been present (I switched out my bonus unit which is Alfonse once I got my first defense). I think my defense wins have always been in the 572 ~ 584 range; where does this 604 even come from? lol
screenshot_20170825-18xk64.png

This guy has a +10 Reinhardt; he had to be choosing Beginner to meet my lackluster def team. OK, so maybe he had a bad match up and lost a unit, but somehow he rage continued the battle, and pick me at Beginner in the next battle to end the bad streak instead. But QR2 for Reinhardt? Maybe he's working toward QR3 purely for its 240SP? But wouldn't something like Escape Route be more economical in that case?

Firemind

Panic Ploy on someone - Hector or Nowi. PP Hector + TA MRobin would be solid counters for any configuration of Reinhardt or CYL Lyn. Even if Lyn runs CA, Hector would then be able to use Distant Counter. If she's Firesweep + CA then ¯_(ツ)_/¯
I have Hector with Panic Ploy and the lack of movement really hurts him. I thought Ploys would trigger until the next action of your foe but it only lasts until the end of your turn, making the timing really marginal. You can't bait Rein with Hector unless you want him to take 30+ damage. So the only thing you can do is hope he comes into your line or rush him with your own cavalry which is suicidal.

I would save Panic Ploy for a more mobile unit.

Duffk1ng

Just got a 5* Celica, is she any good with Fury? Got a spare Hinata to eat. She's +Spd -Atk.

Also got a second Ninian, she's +HP -Def, my first is -Spd + Atk. Which is better?

Firemind

Has it been confirmed if the free hero select is neutral IV or random IV yet? I hope to god it's just netural, because I know if I have the chance, I'm going to end up with -ATK or -SPD Lyn.

My Horse emblem team is taking forever to build, and I'm a little confused.

Do I want Goad/Ward, Goad/Hone, Hone/Fortify, or one of each for my C slots? It seems like Goad/Ward would be the best bang for the buck since it's 2 spaces, but the buffs are better from Hone/Fortify. Then again, when I hear people talking about it, nobody ever mentions the defense buffs.
If you have a blade mage horse, you want 2 hone and 2 fortify since they maximixe the damage. You can't stack them so if you're lazy about formations you can subsitute them for goad/ward which are stackable. If you use 2 hone/fortify the best formation is:

FF
HH F: Fortify H: Hone

Everyone receives both buffs in that case.

If you can't the next best thing is:

FHHF or

FFHH

Then the middle two will get both buffs.

Just don't put them in a triangle. Then only the one in the middle gets both buffs.

Ninferno

That's not a bad Celica at all imo. The benefit of +Spd for a mid speed unit outweighs the drawback of -Atk. And Ragnarok is one of the best standalone tome which helps to ease the Atk bane too.

And as for Ninian, stats generally don't matter much for dancers because they are not meant to fight, especially for Ninian (for Olivia and Azura, you at least have TA or gem weapon to make them capable in some fights). But between those two, the non speed bane one is the obvious choice, because you want survivability just in case you really need her to take a hit.

Roman

I'm really considering 20k feathers to put Panic Ploy on someone - Hector or Nowi. PP Hector + TA MRobin would be solid counters for any configuration of Reinhardt or CYL Lyn. Even if Lyn runs CA, Hector would then be able to use Distant Counter. If she's Firesweep + CA then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nowi is +SPD with Fury 3, with Hone Speed she is equal speed to a neutral speed CYL Lyn (would have to worry about a +SPD one with swift sparrow, but she'd probably survive that too). She isn't as good of a counter for Lyn specifically, but she's worth more points than Robin and is a lot more versatile. She fits into any team really.

Not in a rush to do anything yet...I think for the weeks that Lyn is a bonus unit I'll probably just use my own.

I've put Panic Ploy on Hector and it's been working great for turn 1 baiting, you need to have Repositions to really make the best use of it.

Nowi is a very shaky Lyn check at best, and I expect there to be Firesweep variants as well.

Do I want Goad/Ward, Goad/Hone, Hone/Fortify, or one of each for my C slots? It seems like Goad/Ward would be the best bang for the buck since it's 2 spaces, but the buffs are better from Hone/Fortify. Then again, when I hear people talking about it, nobody ever mentions the defense buffs.

The Blade mages need Hone and/or Fortify so I put Goad on them since they benefit the least from it. You could also just run two Hones, a Fortify and a Goad - it's a rather common composition.

Ward is for very specialized teams like Owl tome memes or if you want Xander/Camus/Leo to be extra bulky.

Duffk1ng

That's not a bad Celica at all imo. The benefit of +Spd for a mid speed unit outweighs the drawback of -Atk. And Ragnarok is one of the best standalone tome which helps to ease the Atk bane too.

And as for Ninian, stats generally don't matter much for dancers because they are not meant to fight, especially for Ninian (for Olivia and Azura, you at least have TA or gem weapon to make them capable in some fights). But between those two, the non speed bane one is the obvious choice, because you want survivability just in case you really need her to take a hit.

Thanks. Is it ok to merge the one that's level 40 into the level 1 in order to get the + stats, or should I level her to 40 first then merge the first one into her?

It's funny, never had a 5* red mage and promoted a +Spd -Res Tharja the other day to compensate, then my next 5* is a red mage.

Roman

Thanks. Is it ok to merge the one that's level 40 into the level 1 in order to get the + stats, or should I level her to 40 first then merge the first one into her?

It's funny, never had a 5* red mage and promoted a +Spd -Res Tharja the other day to compensate, then my next 5* is a red mage.

You might want to hold off on merging Ninians since Fortify Dragons is inevitably going to be a very valuable inherit if it isn't already.

Mupod

I literally thought of this just as I sat down for lunch, lol. I blame Roman's CA fearmongering.

I have a 5* Merric, but his attack stat is probably too pathetic and mine's -def +res. I of course have Cecilia but she's too busy murdering most of the game with her blade tome.

Ninferno

It depends on the amount the SI you planned for her. If you planned to replace lots of skills of hers, which require lots of SP, then it makes sense to level up the source copy just enough to get her the SP to learn some of the skills you want, then merge her into you target copy so that your target copy doesn't need to spend SP to learn them.

Edit: misunderstood your question. I thought both of your Ninians are new at lv1.

Ninian is one of the units that is more difficult to train as she hits like a wet noodle; this is the perfect time to use crystals.

And like Roman said, you want to be mindful of Fortify Dragon. Although since there are no "Blade" dragon stones (yet?), maybe Goad/Ward Dragons would have been more useful for dragons than Fortify, but who knows when those will come. lol

Duffk1ng

You might want to hold off on merging Ninians since Fortify Dragons is inevitably going to be a very valuable inherit if it isn't already.

That's a good point actually, I already have my Arena Defense team set as Nowi/TikiY/Fae/Ninian for fun.

explodet

When my SCamilla with Gronnraven+/TA3 takes on an Archer, I have one of two reactions:

1) I can't believe a flyer is tanking Archer hits!
2) Aw CRAP, I didn't check for Cancel Affinity 3!

My next promote might be FRobin, but she'd need a raven+ tome, so that's 40K feathers. Bleah.

Mupod

When my SCamilla with Gronnraven+/TA3 takes on an Archer, I have one of two reactions:

1) I can't believe a flyer is tanking Archer hits!
2) Aw CRAP, I didn't check for Cancel Affinity 3!

My next promote might be FRobin, but she'd need a raven+ tome, so that's 40K feathers. Bleah.

I was just putzing around with the calculator and a 4* FRobin with a Gronnraven (not +) and TA2 with Bonfire +QR2 handles a typical arena Reinhardt and stock CYL Lyn pretty damn well. With a defense/res fortify or spur it'd be pretty safe. I'll probably throw one of those together when I get home, I think I already have the raw materials. Obviously not someone I'd bring along to 'real' arena but AA is a different beast.

I've been considering turning my FRobin into a Raven user but considering she is basically who I use to take care of mounted Blue Tomes with Wolf, not sure if I want to go that route despite sitting on a ton of SP. Then again, my default Boey is also handy to have while I also have both a 5* and 4* Soren.

My MRobin is my default Raven user but of course, he's quite limited as to what he can do.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I have a 4* TA FRobin as my third or fourth choice for a Reinhardt counter. I suppose putting a Raven tome on her would help her deal with bows, too.

Gonna try rolling with Tiki first, though.

Sölf

From the Polygon Interview that was done today:

Horse Emblem only used by 20% of playerbase
Concerns of power creep will be addressed in future updates. They want you to be able to use the characters you love.
They are looking into ways to deal with colorless 'hell'
They are looking into a way to deal with boons/banes. But they see problems with it being able to be freely changed
Sacred coins use in October
Support Conversations? "I'll ask you to look forward to some upcoming updates"
No plan for larger maps, just more variation via modes
Xander and Camus WILL appear again.
They're working on making badges have value again.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Sölf;247409153 said:
Colorless hell fix would be nice. Maybe separate healer orbs from dagger/bow user orbs or something.

Trying to pull for an offensive character and getting a healer just blows ass, and it doesn't happen for any other color in the game. It doesn't help that dagger and bow users in the game are generally pretty bad, aside from a few key units.

jnWake

Sölf;247409153 said:

I wonder if Sacred Coins will let us pull for skills or weapons for old characters and stuff like that? Like, pulling "Virion's Bow" that is stronger than his regular bow.

I don't agree that healers are as bad as people say. Sure, for Arena they're kind of a waste but they can be pretty useful on Tempest and PvE in general. I wouldn't mind if they buffed them somehow though haha. What annoys me the most about healers really is that they are terrible SI fodder generally.

EDIT: I'm glad they said Xander and Camus will be back as GHB too.

Mupod

Well...they didn't say they wouldn't give us an option to change boon/banes. I would be more worried if they had said flat out "no, this makes us too much money". I'd be completely fine if it was random, reset them to level 1, and cost tons of badges+feathers+coins or whatever. It's the only thing that would make sense as a massive badge sink.

Of course they're going to nerf blade tomes now :(

did you miss the memo that they're giving away free characters tomorrow that negate them? And they've been absolutely infesting GHBs with panic ploy ever since Legion. Blade horses/fliers were much more ridiculous before IS' increasingly drastic attempts at nerfing them. And they're still crazy good.

NSESN

Xander and Camus should appear in the same GHB, together with Reinhardt and Cecilia, they can also call it Arena.

Colorless hell fix would be nice. Maybe separate healer orbs from dagger/bow user orbs or something.

Trying to pull for an offensive character and getting a healer just blows ass, and it doesn't happen for any other color in the game. It doesn't help that dagger and bow users in the game are generally pretty bad, aside from a few key units.

Colorless hell fix by putting laguz as melee colorless. It becomes a new kind of hell lol.

NSESN

And even Lyn has comparable stats to melee infantry units thanks to 1st place bonus + 3 bonus speed from Mulagir..

Top Bottom