• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 6: The Song of Life - Previously on Yakuza…

Peroroncino

Need a recap? This all new video will fill in the gaps between Yakuza Kiwami and Yakuza 6!

Hoping to quietly settle down after a brief stint in prison, reformed yakuza Kazuma Kiryu returns to find danger surrounding the lives of those he values most. Yakuza 6 features an emotional story that examines the strength of family relationships, and highlights an improved battle systems that seamlessly transitions between battles and between explorable areas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro81yR9E3aE

Video covers most of the themes from previous games that will have a key element in Y6 but is in no way a proper recap of every other major shit that happened, it's a bit spoilery but no major plot twists etc. are spoiled.

Dunki

I really can not wait for this game to come out. This was the first Yakuza Game did not import since I wanted to expereince the last game of Kiryu totally fresh XD

In Other news for Kiwami. Oh boy I think Kiwami 2 will face a huge outrage regarding the Gravure photoshoot minigame minigame. One of them looks very young and is also in a school swimsuit.

https://twitter.com/YakFan/status/931207549508079616

ubiblu

People will be confused about Y6 story if they still haven’t played Y2. Too bad Kiwami 2 comes out after Y6.

Absolutely not. Y6 is totally self-contained and opens on the back of the Y5 cliffhanger. Someone may wonder who Daigo, Saejima and Akiyama are for the five minutes they feature in the game, or how Kiryu ended up in his current predicament, but that’s really it.

Yakuza 6 is my second favourite title in the series and should definitely be played if you have finished Y0/Kiwami - the story links with Y2 are almost non-existent. Believe it or not, but one of the major criticisms people have about the game is that it is too self-contained and doesn’t feature major characters from past games more prominently. So...go play it when it launches :)

BANGS

Banned
I'm interested in the improved combat system. The combat was by far the weakest part of 0 and Kiwami for me, ESPECIALLY in Kiwami...

ubiblu

I'm interested in the improved combat system. The combat was by far the weakest part of 0 and Kiwami for me, ESPECIALLY in Kiwami...

You probably won't like Y6 then. While the combat is far more fluid and looks really great, it lacks a lot of variety in movesets and is much more old-school 'Streets of Rage' than the multi-style Y0/YK combat engine.

BANGS

Banned

You probably won't like Y6 then. While the combat is far more fluid and looks really great, it lacks a lot of variety in movesets and is much more old-school 'Streets of Rage' than the multi-style Y0/YK combat engine.

That actually sounds great. I always thought the multiple styles were pretty dumb, and I'd prefer a more polished single style.

Top Bottom