• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PROBLEM SOLVING GAF RSC2 season 2 thread!

Bog

Junior Ace
Wellington said:
Damn I couldn't play last night, had to get to the optical yesterday at the time you had specified. I should be good pretty much all day today, as I won't be going anywhere. I do have people coming over though so the earlier the better.

***Paging Bog*** Please play. :(

Don't worry, I'm going to. I was away this weekend. Still have 3 days to put some time in.

Fifty

Man, that sucks. :( You've got the best time and not a single guy on your team is racing. I'd join the team if I could. Sorry dude.

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
That's cool sefskillz. I just got done racing a little while ago, and beat my old time with a 1:39.684. I'll go back online later if I see anyone from the team(or the forum) online tonight.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
well my time is awful, ill get a few more races in over the next few days we have left in this round. any tips? :D

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
sefskillz said:
well my time is awful, ill get a few more races in over the next few days we have left in this round. any tips? :D

It would be better if I raced with you sometime. Post a time that's good for you and we'll work something out. I also sent you a friend's request tonight.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i've been out of town as well... great times budmaster. looks like i'll have to squeeze in a few hours to retake first ;)

i also joined redeux. still open spots, someone please fill them :)

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
op_ivy said:
i also joined redeux. still open spots, someone please fill them :)

Yeah, my team Bronx Cheer still has one slot left and the Dirt Devils have 2. Deadline's in a day, so there's still some time to get in there.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AND THE LUG NUTS PULL INTO A TIE FOR FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOHAAAAAAAAA.

C'mon Bog you can squeeze out a sub 1:50 time!

Pachinko

thanks. It was a bit of a fluke has I tried in vain to duplicate that result to best I joel but no luck. Oh well, atleast I got that time at all! heh.

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
I sent MrBob a pm to remind him that time is running out to post a time for this round, but I don't know who DrJealousy is on the board, so if your out there DrJealousy, post some times and help your teamates out.

Bog

Junior Ace
Yeah, I'll play more later. I had no idea you guys were so good at this track (though I should have figured with the 9 day round and everything).

op_ivy

damn, budmaster, that mid-1:39 time is awesome. i have no doubts that you'd have the #1 spot on live if you did time attack and messed around with the settings for the car...

i spent a few hours this morning and managed to beat my old time, but i'm still almost a second behind first. if i could race the perfect race, i'd have it, but the few times i'm racing really really well, i blow that last corner.

i'm still gonna try to put some time into this first stage, i havent thrown in the towel yet

Fowler

Grrr, I'm so so sorry teammates I forgot to go back to try and improve my time... since the round was 9 days long I did it on the first couple of days then kept putting it off until it was to late.

op_ivy

ah shit, round 1 is over? i thought there were a few more days left still. damn you budmaster!

and redeux is still up for me... EDIT: looks like 2 teams were dropped

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Redeux was down for me in that my team was nowhere in sight--looks like only the 2 teams that actually got their slots filled are counted. *Sigh*

op_ivy

Kindbudmaster said:
This next round should be a battle.:) Both of us are already posting 2:21.xxx.

this should be an interesting stage, as its MUCH more challenging then what we've raced before. its pretty long, and has several difficult corners. shit, its a roll of the dice whether i can hit that 90 degree after the bridge properly each time...

i notice you have a 2:20:xxx on the leaderboards...

also, redeux round 1 just started, so my already limited time playing will be split on two stages. sweeden is a great stage for time attack, as it is extremely nerve wracking pushing your self to the limit in a race where the tinniest fuck up will literally add seconds to your time.

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
Yeah, this stage is tough. I restarted about 20 times before I posted my time. Had alot of good runs killed by hitting that damn pole right after the last turn into the finish.:( If I can put a run together without messing up too much, I should be able to crack 2:18.

I'm also in another season, so I know how you feel. Looking at the teams, it should be a good match-up in your other season. I have a guy in my other season that has stayed right with me for two rounds so far, with a long stage(Jackknife Ascent)coming up next, so I can't slack off even a little in either of the seasons I'm in.

IJoel

Kindbudmaster said:
Yeah, this stage is tough. I restarted about 20 times before I posted my time. Had alot of good runs killed by hitting that damn pole right after the last turn into the finish.:( If I can put a run together without messing up too much, I should be able to crack 2:18.

I'm also in another season, so I know how you feel. Looking at the teams, it should be a good match-up in your other season. I have a guy in my other season that has stayed right with me for two rounds so far, with a long stage(Jackknife Ascent)coming up next, so I can't slack off even a little in either of the seasons I'm in.

Jesus... it must be fucking hell on earth if you guys are having trouble.

*ph34r5*

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
It's not that it's so tough, instead it's because ivy and I are so close in ability, that even a small mistake makes a big difference. If I make too many mistakes I'll just restart if I know I can't beat his time.

hgplayer1

Ill be going on vacation for a week and Ill be out of town for the next few days so Im gonna have to post my times for this round tonight it looks like. not sure how good theyll turn out as i usually need at least 30 tries before I start doing well but Im gonna give it my best and hopefully our team will still be in 2nd by the end of this round.

Bog

Junior Ace
How many times do you guys try each course? I mean including restarts (since they don't count those in the XSN average). If you said you don't get good times until you try it 30+ times, then I think I finally understand why my times suck compared to a lot of yours.

Fifty

Yeah, those guys are dedicated. (I remember Dopey did one track in season 1 75+ times) I usually get fed up with screwing up the course after about 10 tries..

hgplayer1

well i do a lot of warmup runs before im even ready to start making serious runs for time. like if i went on right now I would probably do 5 runs at least before i started really concentrating on what I was doing. I rarely will retire from a run unless im past the warmup runs and I know I can go faster. 30 tries is nothing really. i usually do them back to back to back so it doesnt really take an enormous amount of time.

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
Bog said:
How many times do you guys try each course? I mean including restarts (since they don't count those in the XSN average). If you said you don't get good times until you try it 30+ times, then I think I finally understand why my times suck compared to a lot of yours.

If I had to guess I would say that I've raced this track about 40 times today, or about 2 hours of racing. Depending on how far we push each other in this round that figure might double. On a unfamilar track, it might take me 1 hour to break the top 100 on the leaderboards, another 2 to 3 hours to get into the top 20(if there aren't a bunch of cheaters above me). I can't imagine how much time I'll put in to gt4 when it comes out.:)

op_ivy

Bog said:

shit, counting restarts? i have no clue. i literally push the stage my hardest every single attempt, and any screw up at all, and i restart. takes me generally a good 30-40 minutes to even get a single finish in :D

the bad thing about my method is, i think i get SUPER good at the start of the stages, but the further i get, the less practice i've had with racing. i think my method really hurt me last round, as i still am not at all good at taking that last corner (from lack of taking it much) and i would have had several times better then my best if i didnt blow that last bit.

i'm pretty happy with my times after spending about 2 hours on them. that usually puts me neck and neck with budmaster too. and in 2 hours of racing, i may finish the race only a handful of times LOL. i guess thats why my average is pretty good

op_ivy

redeux round 1 ends tonight, and only a few people have posted times... wtf

Fowler

This is actually a fun track after you get the frustration factor out of the way... I went off and posted a time I think I can be proud of. It's only the fifth best, but it's close enough to the top four that I don't quite feel like I'm racing for last place :p

op_ivy

Kindbudmaster said:
I see you got by my time by a 1/10th op_ivy. I'll try to return the favor later tonight.:)

heh, i was hoping you wouldnt notice for a bit ;)

i think i'm gonna have to switch to the 205 if/when you do leap frog me, as i'm quite sure its the faster car, its just quite a bit harder for me to keep on the road...

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
Not that I'm stalking you or anything, but I noticed that you tend to play in the early afternoon, so I check the leaderboards to see what you've done.:) I won't get a chance to try to regain the top spot until later tonight though, looking at my router every system in the house is being used right now.:( Damn kids, don't they know that dad needs to defend his unbeaten streak in rsc2? ;)

Pachinko

I"m hoping that the 22 minute time was becuase paused it and still finished the track , not becuase you are really that bad.

This round 2 track is brutal. I restarted 3 times before I bothered finishing and the best I could pull off was 2:40. My goal is to get 2:35 I think, any more then that is pushing my patience to far.

EDIT

2:35:4 , now I never have to play this track ever agian :D

Bog

Junior Ace
Pachinko said:
I"m hoping that the 22 minute time was becuase paused it and still finished the track , not becuase you are really that bad.

Yeah, you got me. That was me really racing.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
you know, i went to post a time, got the 2nd best time in the 1st round

but then i realised in the morning i forgot to add the competition and i did it on the first season

DOH!

IJoel

Wellington said:
Woah, what's with all the no shows for this round...

The deadline is way too soon. Actually it's not that it was way too soon, but it's much shorter than the previous one. Not to mention that it's a long weekend where people might be out, so I think the deadline needs to be extended.

op_ivy

Wellington said:
Woah, what's with all the no shows for this round...

shit, redeux is even worse :(

dopey, did you forget about us?

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
Bog said:
Unfortunately, I think people have stopped caring about this game.

Sad but true Bog. If people that don't have the time to play would quit signing up, and make room for the people that DO want to play, we could still have a decent tournament here.

Bog

Junior Ace
No one's even giving me a reason to not put up a funny 22 minute time. No matter how much I play, I won't beat kind's and op1vy's times, so if I can still get a few points with 22 minute times, why bother? GIVE ME A REASON TO BOTHER, PEOPLE.

Fifty

Indeed. I got in a crappy time because I had to leave for a few days....but I really wish there was more activity in the leagues. Especially the redeux. We had 26/30 people initially, before we split the leagues up...Now we've barely got 15.

Top Bottom