• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Earthquake in Japan Magnitude 9.0 (Japan ups nuke crisis to lvl7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphinx

the piano man
Fuck , it's like earth is going berserk everywhere.

I just spent the worst winter in Germany, biggest amount of snow in like 40 years. I am now here in Mexico and I learn trees DIED because of never before seen temperatures and now this,

what is going on :-(

Mik2121

As I said in the other thread, I'm the only person I Japan that didn't feel the damn earthquake, apparently. Even my gf who was next to me playing games said it was shaking for a whole minute. Then again, i was sleeping :p

Everybody on my twitter is talking about this all the time D:

Keyser Soze said:
So

8.8 Quake
Possible 32 Feet High Tsunami
Whole of Pacific on Tsunami Waring

Christ!!
Oh damn! Hope everyone here on the west coast gets enough warning. Hope y'all are okay fellow J-GAF!

deadbeef

Wait, is CNN showing pictures of live tsunami or something? WTF was that shot they just showed?

Holy crap - stay safe people

Allard

oatmeal said:
any reports of damage other than the HOLY SHIT SPLIT IN THE GROUND?

There was a huge tsunami swell that was seen live on CNN. There should be a lot of water damage if nothing else and it looked fiercely fast. I thought the ground split because cars were falling into the street due to water and then suddenly the water just rose dramatically like a raging river had suddenly got planted in the middle of a city.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
EK6iD.jpg

Weenerz

Banned
Is this anywhere near Honshu? I have an Earthquake activity monitoring app on my Motorola Xoom and was getting hit with lots of aftershocks the last few days from another 7+ earthquake. Shit is crazy.

Rorschach

Wow. Hard to wrap my head around 8.8. Hopefully, Tokyo's earthquake tech/architecture minimizes the damage.

[edit] Wow...houses rolling around in the water. :|

Wow. Good luck and stay safe, Japan and Pacific Gaf.

We just got our tsunami watch warning on the tv. Would hit Hawaii at 3 am, in about 6 hours. Kinda deja vu, although last time the warning came at around 3 am.

geeko

Seeing how the largest one I've been in measured 6.9 (1989 Loma Prieta) and that seemed crazy strong, I can only imagine what a 8.0+ must feel like. Just crazy.

Mik2121

Apparently some residential area in Saitama is also burning. Damn, the news over here are just a mess of information, you can even her people behind exchanging news, yuck. And they are telling people to wear helmets and use only the stairs, no elevators. That doesn't apply to where i live (Osaka). My area is 'orange' (a bit dangerous) but the whole coast is red. They are saying another earthquake might happen in a bit.

Mindlog

sumo390 said:
Wow, did anyone just see that boat get destroyed under that bridge on CNN?
I saw the guy just chilling on the bridge as the water kept rising.

Then the light snapped on and he booked it to his car. Crazy sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom