• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

hawk2025

I just don’t see how a folded poster and a booklet bouncing around in a box can live up to anyone’s expectations.

It’s bottom-tier stuff, for $25 extra.

Night Trap was much better designed packaging. These big boxes need to go or the innards need to be completely redesigned.

Caveman Warriors is going on sale tomorrow with:

- soundtrack
- 72-page art booklet
- reversible cover

All in a custom-fit embossed package...

For $28 total.

oldmario

i wish the $10 CDs were back, i wouldn't mind the nex machina one but i'm not paying an extra $35 for some other tat i don't really care about

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I just don’t see how a folded poster and a booklet bouncing around in a box can live up to anyone’s expectations.

It’s bottom-tier stuff, for $25 extra.

Night Trap was much better designed packaging. These big boxes need to go or the innards need to be completely redesigned.

I'd actually say Ys Origin LE > Night Trap LE, in terms of content. The box of Night Trap is really nice, but how many people will have use for a cassette and iron-on patch? I enjoy both LEs cause I love collecting them and checking them out (and yes, playing them :p), but you really can't say that the LE for it was really that much more useful. I go into these LEs for fun, but it depends if you really want practicality from the contents or not.

bobawesome

Yeah, it was my first CE - and my last.

LRG will sell them all anyway, so it doesn't matter to their bottom line, but I'll be sticking with regular releases from now on.

I blame only myself, because I knew it was a gamble and I knew better, especially when LRG showed no pictures of what we'd actually be getting inside the package - a major red flag for this and all of their other CEs (and CEs in general, probably).

You were the person who opted for the LRG LE instead of the Ys VIII LE, right? If so, oh, man...

Conezays

My Ys Origin CE arrived (Canada). Thankfully, zero issues thus far with either my copy of Ys or Night Trap CE. Sorry to those who have been negatively affected by shipping snafus.

hawk2025

I'd actually say Ys Origin LE > Night Trap LE, in terms of content. The box of Night Trap is really nice, but how many people will have use for a cassette and iron-on patch? I enjoy both LEs cause I love collecting them and checking them out (and yes, playing them :p), but you really can't say that the LE for it was really that much more useful. I go into these LEs for fun, but it depends if you really want practicality from the contents or not.

The content discussion is orthogonal to the packaging one.

My point is just that the package should be designed around the contents, like Night Trap was. :)

cj_iwakura

Silver Case's regular beat them both. Artbook, comic, and OST. And a steam code too.

There is a LRG collectors group on Facebook that also tracks other limited Playstation stuff. I don't run it but thus far my time in it has been pretty pleasant.

CRIMSON-XIII

Neo Member
i hope we get i am setsuna physical here for a lower price sometime (than the import price), i wish the lost sphaer game physical wasnt just on the square enix store

Hey physical bros, do we have a backup plan, just in case?
The LRG thread on CAG isn’t as good as this one but is still really active, although with Switch support on the way, you’ll have to deal with that one guy who exclusively refers to Nintendo as “N” (yes, wrapped in quotes).

Olengie

The LRG thread on CAG isn’t as good as this one but is still really active, although with Switch support on the way, you’ll have to deal with that one guy who exclusively refers to Nintendo as “N” (yes, wrapped in quotes).

You're going to get a whole lot more complaining from CAG though

BHK3

Banned
Oh thank GOD this thread is back. I wanted to say how excited I was that after years of waiting since Oddworld, LRG is finally releasing an amazing game; called NEX MACHINA! I just might go pick up Aliennation from Play Asia to begin my House Marque physical collection!

La-Mulana is really god damn good too(though I didn't put more than 30 minutes into the game cause apparently it's Simons Quest levels of needing a guide, makes me wish for a ps3/4 port). Hope LRG keeps this up toward christmas.

Jimm

So, for obvious reason I'm stating this a few days late...

But I am sooo glad the Nex Machina standard editon box art is the dopest one! One of the best box arts all year imo

Yay, LRG thread.

Is La Mulana on the 10th? I'm in court that afternoon (not as a defendant :p) and then travelling in the evening... So it might have to be my second ever LRG eBay purchase.

(I'm assuming it'll go quickly)

My Limited Edition Ys origin (vita) arrived.
It came with a golden reward ticket. My last reward ticket was blue. Do they have different values?

My Limited Edition Ys origin (vita) arrived.
It came with a golden reward ticket. My last reward ticket was blue. Do they have different values?

Nope. Reward tickets are reward tickets. They’re just different print runs. Gold trading cards are more rare, however.

In other news, good to see the thread back. This is pretty much the reason I joined GAF.

i-Jest

I know a few of you are already on here, but for those that are not...

http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19753&page=16

Another great forum for discussing LRG releases...just incase :/

Why didn't anyone suggest the LRG forum for LRG discussion yet?

Does LRG GAF, really need to move/die out? It's nice to have options though. I feel like a Discord server might be to chaotic at times, especially when things pick back up.

Taking this one step further, I hope LRG looks at the Undertale CE for future inspiration. The Ys Origin and Wonder Boy CEs are fine, but they kinda just feel like big box PC games. The Night Trap Special Edition does feel special to me, but the Undertale CE is just plain better than all of them, particular in terms of packaging, and it's a very similar price.

Top Bottom