• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Battlefront II is one of my favorite games, but Battlefront 2015 looked boring and sterile to me. This one has me tentatively excited, though, because it has way more content, a singleplayer campaign, and content from all eras (the possibility of Clone Wars/Rebels content is exciting).

Hopefully it's great.

Ozorov

Now confirmed:

EAStarWars‏Verified account @EAStarWars 14h14 hours ago

Naboo
Kamino
Kashyyyk
Endor
Death Star II
Hoth
Mos Eisley
Yavin IV
Jakku
Takodana
Starkiller Base
#StarWarsBattlefrontII

Now confirmed:

Naboo
Kamino
Kashyyyk
Endor
Death Star II
Hoth
Mos Eisley
Yavin IV
Jakku
Takodana
Starkiller Base
#StarWarsBattlefrontII

Great list, looking forward to see what small maps they have as well.

These are all Gallactic Assault maps right?
That's pretty awesome actually. Add to that the number of smaller maps that supposedly launch with the game.... very nice.

Now confirmed:

Naboo
Kamino
Kashyyyk
Endor
Death Star II
Hoth
Mos Eisley
Yavin IV
Jakku
Takodana
Starkiller Base
#StarWarsBattlefrontII
The only notable omission is Dagobah, which was my favourite map from Battlefront 2. But I guess it could be in the DLC.

When is the beta date because if I'm away on business it will be donated to a lucky GAFer

Cat Party

It really doesn't get said enough how unbelievably authentic the look and sound of this game is. Every time I play, I stop to marvel. Probably why I'm not very good at it.

finally-gif-2.gif

Raide

This close to the new Battlefront, just unlock everything in the old one. Pain in the ass grinding for particular hero kills to unlock something. So glad there will be something fresh to play and not just Blast over and over since nothing else seems to be populated.

Ozorov

This close to the new Battlefront, just unlock everything in the old one. Pain in the ass grinding for particular hero kills to unlock something. So glad there will be something fresh to play and not just Blast over and over since nothing else seems to be populated.

Everything? Like.... everything? Diorama etc?

Ozorov

Yeah, at this point just give it to everyone. Game will be a ghostown when BF2 hits. Anyone that wanted to pick up pointless dioramas, should have done it ages ago.

Impressive. I know that U-wing and Bespin-vehicle kills are the grind-of-death.

So still no physical copies to order on Amazon of BF2, but every other retailer has it? Someone asked on EA forums about it and they simply responded that it's available at *and lists every other retailer*

MrDaravon

So still no physical copies to order on Amazon of BF2, but every other retailer has it? Someone asked on EA forums about it and they simply responded that it's available at *and lists every other retailer*

Amazon has been super weird about listing physical copies of a lot of games before release for a while now from multiple publishers, so for what it's worth it seems to be on their end and not EA or any specific company. With their change to the 20% off games only applying pre-release now (and not through two weeks after release) I wonder if that is losing them money now or something so it's actually better for them not to get those sales at all.

Voidwolf

Star Wars Battlefront II |OT| I have brought maps, vehicles, heroes, and singleplayer to my new Battlefront!

or

Star Wars Battlefront II |OT| Now this is content!

Ozorov

Some new beta info;

The Star Wars Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta is almost here. Get ready to battle enemies in multi-stage Galactic Assault, take on swarms of AI foes in Arcade, joins squadrons of friends in Starfighter Assault, and maximize your trooper skills in eight vs eight Strike missions.

I recently returned to Battlefront after a long hiatus and here are some observations:

(1) The current standard of play is dreadful. Worse than launch. Probably because it is mostly populated by noobs now.

(2) The AT-AT bot in Walker Assault is a special kind of bullshit. It nails you with pinpoint accuracy from great distances. How is it that nobody complained about this before?

(3) Battlefront 2 is going to be a vastly different game. I think the biggest difference is that players will no longer be zipping around in Jetpacks. I think loadouts will result in play to be more focused to objectives.

(4) I hope the Cycler Rifle returns. It is by far the weapon that separates the men from the boys.

Boss X

Banned
I don't get how Han's shoulder tackle kills enemies but not Emperor Palpatine's rush ability considering the force is through and air and more sudden.

If you want to get a beta code for one cent, then you can do this method which is actually legit. Browsing Reddit and I found this post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBa...w_to_get_a_battlefront_2_beta_code_for_1_all/

Apparently, on Best Buy using the mobile app, if you select the Included Free option, you are granted with the option of purchasing the SWBF2 Beta Code for only 1 cent. I've already received the email.

This works for ALL platforms, however the price may differ. For Xbox, it was $1. Although PS4 was 1 cent and PC was 10 cents.

Top Bottom