• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellie

Thanks, just tried it. Seems to have worked, but all it said was that the code was successfully redeemed. I'll see tonight if I actually got the weapon.

If I didn't, any sword you guys would recommend I aim for?
You could outright buy the mk1 skana for credits (15,000). All mk1 weapons can be bought for credits and have a version that is non mk1 which are upgraded versions. The chronus BP can be obtained early from the boss of mercury I think and should be easy enough to craft.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Thanks, just tried it. Seems to have worked, but all it said was that the code was successfully redeemed. I'll see tonight if I actually got the weapon.

If I didn't, any sword you guys would recommend I aim for?

It's not actually that important this early, especially since you probably won't have any stance mods to get the most out of your melee. Just make sure you level every weapon you have up to 30 before you sell it, because you'll need the mastery points.

Just keep doing missions and unlocking levels on the planets. The boss of Mercury can drop blueprints for the Cronus sword which should be decent for a while.

You could outright buy the mk1 skana for credits (15,000). All mk1 weapons can be bought for credits and have a version that is non mk1 which are upgraded versions.
This too. You should be able to purchase the Mk1 skana right from the "equip" screen in your arsenal.

Nopren

A lot of weapons you'll only level to get mastery rank out of it. So when you've maxed a weapon, it's usually just more efficient to sell it, so you free up one slot in your inventory. If you keep all your weapons then you need to invest more platinum to have a bigger inventory.
But of course, if you find a weapon you really like, by all means, keep it. I more or less just keep all my weapons and then just buy more inventory space for plat. But when you're starting out, that can be a bit expensive.

Manzoon

Banned
Why is selling MAX weapons what everyone suggests? Can't I just keep it if I like it? :)
You certainly can, it's worth hanging onto some early maxed out weapons to make tough missions easier. Most of the low ranked weapons aren't great though and have much better versions one your mastery is high enough to use. All of the MKI weapons are flat out worse than the normal versions, unlocking all the planets should be your main priority so you have access to every resource.

If you are willing to spend the plat on weapon slots, sure keep stuff. Figuring out a weapon to catalyse is a big deal too, those are certainly worth hanging onto, just try not to do it if that weapon is a component in something else down the line.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
You could outright buy the mk1 skana for credits (15,000). All mk1 weapons can be bought for credits and have a version that is non mk1 which are upgraded versions. The chronus BP can be obtained early from the boss of mercury I think and should be easy enough to craft.

It's not actually that important this early, especially since you probably won't have any stance mods to get the most out of your melee. Just make sure you level every weapon you have up to 30 before you sell it, because you'll need the mastery points.

Just keep doing missions and unlocking levels on the planets. The boss of Mercury can drop blueprints for the Cronus sword which should be decent for a while.

This too. You should be able to purchase the Mk1 skana right from the "equip" screen in your arsenal.

Thanks, good stuff. I'll keep that in mind. I'll level my Mk 1 Bo anyway for the mastery rank and then sell it and never look back.

Speaking of mastery ranks, I once had a challenge to complete to actually level up, but I haven't gotten a single one ever since. Am I missing something? Are they hidden somewhere in the menus?

Izayoi

Banned
Hit MR2 last night and a long-time internet buddy gave me a complete Trinity Prime and Volt Prime blueprint set, which was a delightful surprise (he doesn't play much anymore).

Some Frames/companions are so extra, I was having a blast in an endless survival last night with a guy who had some kind of rave ball companion. I could see it getting annoying before too long, but it didn't overstay its welcome with me (especially because it meant I was generally safe when most enemies were basically one or two shotting me by the end of our session).

Not sure if this still works but login in warframe.com and put FREESWORD in the redeem a promo tab

https://www.warframe.com/promocode

You should get a free heat sword wich can help you
Neat, thanks for posting this!

Speaking of mastery ranks, I once had a challenge to complete to actually level up, but I haven't gotten a single one ever since. Am I missing something? Are they hidden somewhere in the menus?
You can check your current MR progress by looking at the menu, in the top left. It's the bar beneath your current MR. The challenges only show up after you max that bar.

Izayoi said:
Some Frames/companions are so extra, I was having a blast in an endless survival last night with a guy who had some kind of rave ball companion. I could see it getting annoying before too long, but it didn't overstay its welcome with me (especially because it meant I was generally safe when most enemies were basically one or two shotting me by the end of our session).

That's Octavia which is a frame that you get from a mission chain and then as loot from specific places.

She has a rhythm game component where you set the music being played ahead of teime using a sequencer and then during a mission if you shoot, crouch, or jump (I think) in time to the lines being produced it gives you a buff.

VandalD

I picked the Mk I Bo as my melee weapon, which I realized was a mistake for Excalibur. The Skana seems more fun and I hear swords are better for it.

Also, are dual-wielding variants always better?
The Mk1 Bo isn't a bad pick. It tends to stagger stun enemies you hit with it, which I don't remember the Skana doing. Excal does get a melee damage bonus for using a sword though.

As for dual-wielding, the only melee weapons I can think of that specifically have their own dual wield variants are Skana/Dual Skana and Heat Sword/Dual Heat Sword. None of those weapons are ones you'd keep, so just build them for the mastery whenever you get a chance and see what you think. I wouldn't aim to build those dual swords except for mastery.

When it comes to secondary weapons however, dual-wielding tends to be flat out better, unless you really hate the longer reload times.
That was Octavia. If it ever did get annoying, you can go into your sound options and lower ally Octavia volume, or turn off music completely.

Jabraham

First time posting on gaf in a while, recently started playing had a great experience last night thought i needed to share. After pretty much going through the star chart aimlessly i stumbled across maroo's bazaar i believe its called the player hub on earth. Not knowing what i was doing i started trading with someone by accident i closed the trading screen menu and carried on with my business, received a private message from the guy so i explained i'm a noob and have no idea what i'm doing. Instead of getting annoyed for wasting his time or anything like that he offered me help on any mission i was stuck on and we spent the next 30 minutes collecting all the materials to finish off my rhino frame.

Considering the the last multiplayer games i had played have been for honour and overwatch the former having the most toxic people I've seen in any game, the community in this seems really great by comparison.

Also was wondering whether their was a gaf clan i could get into? Still pretty new to the game and have no idea what half stuff i'm doing is but have been playing pretty regularly.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
The Mk1 Bo isn't a bad pick. It tends to stagger stun enemies you hit with it, which I don't remember the Skana doing. Excal does get a melee damage bonus for using a sword though.

As for dual-wielding, the only melee weapons I can think of that specifically have their own dual wield variants are Skana/Dual Skana and Heat Sword/Dual Heat Sword. None of those weapons are ones you'd keep, so just build them for the mastery whenever you get a chance and see what you think. I wouldn't aim to build those dual swords except for mastery.

When it comes to secondary weapons however, dual-wielding tends to be flat out better, unless you really hate the longer reload times.

Again, thank you for the help.
You know what, I think I'll join the clan now if that's okay. Might as well, right? Not sure I can play with you guys all the time since I'm playing with a friend for now, but still. I'll PM you my ingame ID (not playing through Steam).

Why is selling MAX weapons what everyone suggests? Can't I just keep it if I like it? :)

If its worth it then sure but there is a chance that most of it is trash right now (unless you at the higher levels in the map and MR) and a waste of a weapon slot.

If its needed for another weapon keep it for that process, if its a weapon that's kinda difficult to acquire another (dex, vandal, wraith, syndicates, assassins) then keep, if its a weapon at max which you are not using because you don't care for it or not enough attention is being given for a long while then dump it to get that slot back.

Its better to keep a blueprint of the weapons for collection purposes since that inventory is basically infinite.

VandalD

Again, thank you for the help.
You know what, I think I'll join the clan now if that's okay. Might as well, right? Not sure I can play with you guys all the time since I'm playing with a friend for now, but still. I'll PM you my ingame ID (not playing through Steam).
Invite sent. It's helpful to be in a clan especially since it gives you access to dojo research, but it also gives you a group of people to ask questions to or ask for help from. I'd say the majority of the GAF clan doesn't group up with each other.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Invite sent. It's helpful to be in a clan especially since it gives you access to dojo research, but it also gives you a group of people to ask questions to or ask for help from. I'd say the majority of the GAF clan doesn't group up with each other.

Thanks, man. I'll confirm when I get home.

I'm beginning to think that DE marks certain profiles to disable them from getting certain rewards.

I've spent 407 hours in this game now and done so many runs for oberons systems that I can't even keep track anymore and they simply refuse to drop.

Since I was having such a hard time, over the course of 3 days I decided to do nothing but farm the needed relics and traces and do runs.

I just did 5 radshares back to back to back all morning and freaking nothing.

It's literally the most frustrating thing I've farmed for now and not even the trouble I was having with the Nikana P is comparing.

Manzoon

Banned
I know the feeling, took me 24 radiant rolls to get Saryn Prime chassis. If you look up a few posts I just traded a Vaykor Hek for a Nikana Prime hilt, haha. Glad that's over now.

I know the feeling, took me 24 radiant rolls to get Saryn Prime chassis. If you look up a few posts I just traded a Vaykor Hek for a Nikana Prime hilt, haha. Glad that's over now.

It's so stupid I just can't believe the odds.

Literally everything else is dropping within 1-3 shares max. In fact, I haven't had to do more than 2 shares in a very long time including Saryn P chassis.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
What are some ridiculously powerful yet fun self damage weapons other than Lenz I can abuse on my Assimilate Nyx? Because this combo is just absolutely hilarious.

I wanna stay away from the tonkor though, because i've had enough of that thing lmao.

VandalD

What are some ridiculously powerful yet fun self damage weapons other than Lenz I can abuse on my Assimilate Nyx? Because this combo is just absolutely hilarious.

I wanna stay away from the tonkor though, because i've had enough of that thing lmao.
It sounds like you need to make a Zarr.

No, it alternates between credits/endo/sculpture.

Once I got a 3day credit booster... during Terra Battle 2's launch window so I barely touched it.

They need to remove either endo or sculpture. Having both is the dumbest thing. And 50k credits is nothing these days, at least give me 200k.

Don't you get credits regardless though?

I was saying in alliance chat that it seems better using those statues for endo since there is a good chance you would have a ton of them and its 2 normal statues that equals the 4k. You can also opt for a fully tricked out statue but you'll be short 550 of that 4k

Radiants are worthless and a waste of time. :/

VandalD

OH I FORGOT THAT WAS A THING!
Yes yes i do!

I just need a secondary now, I don't really like the prisma angstrum much. It's kinda slowish.
The only self-damaging secondary weapon that I like is Hikou Prime with Concealed Explosives. Regular Hikou should be fine too if you don't have access to the prime. Maybe give that a shot. It's not extremely powerful, but it can be fun. Stuff like Kulstar and Angstrum feels like trash tier weapons for me.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I'm kinda bored of my CE hikou prime's, been using them for far too long lol. I think I'm going to give the kulstar a shot. If not then I'm gonna go back to the Euphona Prime I've been using lol. I used to run glaive prime on my Nyx because I could detonate it immediately after throwing it without worrying about blowing myself up, but I ended up switching to guandao because the reach is too important when you can't really catch up to enemies lol.

I'm kinda bored of my CE hikou prime's, been using them for far too long lol. I think I'm going to give the kulstar a shot. If not then I'm gonna go back to the Euphona Prime I've been using lol. I used to run glaive prime on my Nyx because I could detonate it immediately after throwing it without worrying about blowing myself up, but I ended up switching to guandao because the reach is too important when you can't really catch up to enemies lol.

I suggest a sword and shield. The stance from Tyl Regor has a leap on the second swing that ignores Assimilate's movement penalty.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Don't you get credits regardless though?

I was saying in alliance chat that it seems better using those statues for endo since there is a good chance you would have a ton of them and its 2 normal statues that equals the 4k. You can also opt for a fully tricked out statue but you'll be short 550 of that 4k

Technically you "lose" the endo from the gems as well so the value is even worse.

I don't want to die old and alone and surrounded by sculptures like these people.

C51muV9.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/c...o_and_nothing_to_spend_it_on_come_on/dng35jv/

Radiants are worthless and a waste of time. :/
Are they really? They're my primary source of plat but I'm alway open to new business ventures. Not a fan of vault grinding though.

Rafy

I feel like that's the sort of stuff you get banned for.

This one's on Steam not DE, so they are the ones responsible. Steam tends to honor their pricing mistakes in my experience, plus no exploits were used to get that price.

DE only bans/takes away plat, only if it was acquired through shady means specifically mentioned in their TOS. As far as I know, price mistakes by third party retailers do not violate the TOS.

Tabby

This one's on Steam not DE, so they are the ones responsible. Steam tends to honor their pricing mistakes in my experience, plus no exploits were used to get that price.

DE only bans/takes away plat, only if it was acquired through shady means specifically mentioned in their TOS. As far as I know, price mistakes by third party retailers do not violate the TOS.

Okay that's all I needed to know, thanks!

Strider

Yea. There's no way anyone should (or will) be banned for purchasing it... It's fair for them to strip some or all of the content (and issue refunds) given the error but other than that nothing is really gonna happen to anyone that buys it.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
The worst that can happen is they remove all the stuff and refund, though the item is marked as not available for refund so I guess Steam will just eat the loss.

The worst that can happen is they remove all the stuff and refund, though the item is marked as not available for refund so I guess Steam will just eat the loss.

I doubt they will do anything. It was bought legit and even has a paper trail. No way does DE ban you for that.

Rafy

This. Refunding a non-refundable purchase would create a massive precedent for the Steam refund policy, which is why in my opinion Steam will not refund this and nothing will happen in the end.
Those who manage to get it, will probably get to keep it.

Having said that, I ain't spending any of the plat until we hear from DE officially.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hoooooly shit @ that prime access price. Even tho I haven't played much in the last month I bought that without hesitation. I feed a little guilty considering I was prepared to give DE $50 USD as soon as my 75% discount showed up, so honestly won't feel bad if they take the stuff away and force a refund...

Manzoon

Banned
Bought too, feels a LITTLE scummy but hey, I've put a fair chunk of change into the game, plus spread it to friends via word of mouth. I confirmed I have the items in game too.

Technically you "lose" the endo from the gems as well so the value is even worse.

I don't want to die old and alone and surrounded by sculptures like these people.

C51muV9.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/c...o_and_nothing_to_spend_it_on_come_on/dng35jv/

Are they really? They're my primary source of plat but I'm alway open to new business ventures. Not a fan of vault grinding though.

More in terms of usage but hey i have a history of RNGGod hating me so *shrug*

Yea just saw and bought.

Kinda unfortunate but hopefully the money made here can make up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom