• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Accidentally Announces Assassin's Creed Revelation (Altair Connection?)

miladesn said:
It's Assassin's Creed Revelation. logo is in the swf uping in a sec
Was just about to post this. Thread title and OP needs updating with all the new info.

For the new page;

Name: Assassin's Creed: Revelation
You play as Altair?

oXYLG.jpg

miladesn said:

Squire

Banned
It's Assassin's Creed 3 for consoles and I can't imagine why you would think it's anything else. They already did Brotherhood. I highly doubt they'll do another game before 3. And 2012? Ask yourself this: Would it be worth it?

No.

LiK

Inorigo said:
It's Assassin's Creed 3 for consoles and I can't imagine why you would think it's anything else. They already did Brotherhood. I highly doubt they'll do another game before 3. And 2012? Ask yourself this: Would it be worth it?

No.

More Ezio? I'm good.

Enosh

shagg_187 said:
Name: Assassin's Creed: Revelation
You play as Altair.
I don't think anything of this is more than speculation or?

I mean it's possible they just did a "oh you played as Altair, then Ezio and now as X"

Inorigo said:

No.

but everything already points to this not being AC3 at the very least in name.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I assume it will be a major console release then. I wonder if they'll basically take AC2/B's mechanics and stick them in an AC1 setting. That would be the easiest, quickest way to go about it.

shagg_187 said:
You play as Altair?
Niiiiiice

I always wanted a return to Altair's world, but with all the gameplay improvements in AC2 and Brotherhood. Altair just feels more primal, while Ezio is just a tad too civilized.

I'd kill for a AC game that took place in Ancient Egypt.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
brandonh83 said:
2011: year of Revelation

Silent Hill: Revelation
Resident Evil: Revelations
Assassin's Creed Revelations

Damn!!
IIRC a few years ago we had a lot of Revolutions.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
yo ubisoft

<b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: signed_request in <b>/var/www/fbtabs.ubi.com/releases/20110429173128/acr/fbtab/index.php</b> on line <b>106</b><br />

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
display_errors = 0

learn to production server

shagg_187 said:
Just like every western title, this "arabic" is jibberish.

EDIT: Apparently not! They wrote it backwards with no respect for grammar lol.

It says "Altair Ibn La Ahd", which is his full name.
"Altair Son of No One"

whatever, ubi

rataven

Very cool. I've always thought Altair was a pretty compelling character that deserved a better game, so this is kind of exciting. It would be really interesting to revisit that era and those locations with the newer mechanics introduced in ACII and ACB.

Squire

Banned
If they're returning to Altair, than that makes more sense. I would expect Assassin's Creed 3 to (for one) be called Assassin's Creed 3 and feature a new protagonist.

Altair again... eh, I was hoping for a different time period... unless Altair has been shifted forward in time to Revolutionary France. I wouldn't put it past the AC team. His spirit is trapped in the Piece of Eden and then hijacks the body of his descendant to bring freedom to the French!

DUN DUN DUN

LiK

FYI, they haven't resolved a loose end in AC2 that involved Altair.
the part where you play as Altair in AC2

Zomba13

So... Not AC3? It's probabbly gonna have a lot of story and another twist ending that will mess up people who just look at these as spin-offs and not needed to play 3. Kinda like with the Kingdom Hearts series.

Boney

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
yo ubisoft

<b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: signed_request in <b>/var/www/fbtabs.ubi.com/releases/20110429173128/acr/fbtab/index.php</b> on line <b>106</b><br />

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
display_errors = 0

learn to production server
learn to what now?

LiK

Zomba13 said:
So... Not AC3? It's probabbly gonna have a lot of story and another twist ending that will mess up people who just look at these as spin-offs and not needed to play 3. Kinda like with the Kingdom Hearts series.

at least they're not rehashing the same locations and characters over and over again. ;)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
LiK said:

But doesn't that just mean the memory stopped following Altair as soon as Altair passed the seed on ? (thus ending Desmond's extent of reliving Altair's memories).

Seda

Even I, who loved the first 3 games, will tire of the series if there is a new one each year. Just gets stale/repetitive. Unless they try to innovate with each entry, buting forcing innovation once a year has a great chance of not ending well.

LiK

chandoog said:
But doesn't that just mean the memory stopped following Altair as soon as Altair passed the seed on ? (thus ending Desmond's extent of reliving Altair's memories).

it'll probably be one of those "hey, we unlocked a repressed memory" excuses like in the DLCs :D

tc farks

Its time for me to finish Brotherhood already.

I have no problem with them finishing their story arc. If they go back to Altair to do that, sounds good to me. I never played the 1st one.

After that is when they have to change characters/setting, and I'm sure they will.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
GDGF said:
I hope it's either 3DS or Cafe'.

That "activity monitor" could be a (big) hint.

The 3DS Assassin's Creed is Lost Legacy, and Ubisoft hasn't said anything about it, nor can develop a portable game to save their lives. I doubt they'd announce a new Creed for a system yet to be revealed.

It will be for the home consoles, or NGP if not.

rataven

LiK said:
I think that's as resolved as it's going to get.

That moment shows when
Altair's offspring was convinced. Desmond can't have any more genetic memories of Altair after that moment, because the genes have been passed on.

Ridley327

LiK said:
Couldn't that just be chalked up to the
effects of the Animus starting to take hold of Desmond in the current day setting?
I never really thought too much about it outside of explaining how
Altair's bloodline was able to continue
without having to play the PSP game (which no one should!).

LiK

tc farks said:
Its time for me to finish Brotherhood already.

I have no problem with them finishing their story arc. If they go back to Altair to do that, sounds good to me. I never played the 1st one.

After that is when they have to change characters/setting, and I'm sure they will.

the actual assassinations and final battle in the first AC was great. too bad the rest was meh.

EatChildren

Guys this is Assassin's Creed. The most absurd and convoluted story in gaming of this generation, rivaled only by The King MGS4.

If Ubisoft wanted to include a time travelling hipster Stalin who uses the power of love to grant new memories, it wouldn't be surprising in the slightest.

Have people actually played the other AC games to completetion? Ubi does seem to be throwing in changes that they need to, so it's not completely stale everytime.

Except for the story. Ezio needs a rest, and we need another "main" character.

Top Bottom