• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Accidentally Announces Assassin's Creed Revelation (Altair Connection?)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
tc farks said:
Its time for me to finish Brotherhood already.

I have no problem with them finishing their story arc. If they go back to Altair to do that, sounds good to me. I never played the 1st one.

After that is when they have to change characters/setting, and I'm sure they will.

You should do that ASAP, brotherhood imo does more to advance the current-time line part of the story than AC2 did.

Enosh

EatChildren said:
If Ubisoft wanted to include a time travelling hipster Stalin who uses the power of love to grant new memories, it wouldn't be surprising in the slightest.
ELT200711291014382485059.JPG

I'd play as hipster Stalin

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Oooh, idea: Altair and Ezio come to the modern day via the Bleeding Effect

Well. So far we've seen some of their memories and skill bleed over. And it will without a doubt be the main thing of 3. Having Desmond fighting to keep himself and fight against the after effect of the Animus, meanwhile trying to stop the Templars in modern time (there's no way 3 won't be strictly Desmond, maybe a few bleed-effects to other memories).

Struct09

I wasn't so sure I wanted Brotherhood the first time I heard about it, but I ended up absolutely loving it. I will very likely be on board for this game.

Ridley327

EatChildren said:
Guys this is Assassin's Creed. The most absurd and convoluted story in gaming of this generation, rivaled only by The King MGS4.

If Ubisoft wanted to include a time travelling hipster Stalin who uses the power of love to grant new memories, it wouldn't be surprising in the slightest.
AC wouldn't even make the top 5 for crazy stories. And MGS has been long surpassed by Kingdom Hearts.

LiK

rataven said:
I think that's as resolved as it's going to get.

That moment shows when
Altair's offspring was convinced. Desmond can't have any more genetic memories of Altair after that moment, because the genes have been passed on.

Ridley327 said:
Couldn't that just be chalked up to the
effects of the Animus starting to take hold of Desmond in the current day setting?
I never really thought too much about it outside of explaining how
Altair's bloodline was able to continue
without having to play the PSP game (which no one should!).

believe!

For every Assassin's Creed announcement I think, "maybe this one will be good" and fall for the hype. Then I play the game and realize that it's terrible.

It's basically my own little sonic cycle.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Ridley327 said:
AC wouldn't even make the top 5 for crazy stories. And MGS has been long surpassed by Kingdom Hearts.

There are crazy stories. AC isn't crazy. It's convoluted and utterly ludicrous.

Hipster Stalin gogogogogogog.

This is why we need an Ancient Egypt setting. Connect up Altair in the pyramids with all the cosmic shit related to us in AC2 and Brotherhood.

And just because I'd love to walk around in that time and place and do pyramid and temple challenges. I want to cross the Nile and shiv a Pharaoh, while dressed up like Thoth.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Boney said:
learn to what now?

They have error displays turned on that page. Meaning that if a PHP error occurs, information about the server is revealed + ugly error text displays on the page. On production servers, errors should be ignored or logged to files, not presented on the page to the end user.

In that case, a PHP notice occurred when I loaded the page.

Bizzyb

Banned
EatChildren said:
There's a AC in development for the 3DS. Might be that.

That's what I was thinking but then I remembered, it's on 3DS...but then i remembered 3DS is no slouch compared to the DS

Then i remembered 3DS is a handheld

tc farks

chandoog said:
You should do that ASAP, brotherhood imo does more to advance the current-time line part of the story than AC2 did.

I'm pretty close so this reveal will make me finish it this weekend. And I haven't read anything about it to avoid spoilers, so I have some weird reserved hype now to see the end even though its been sitting there unplayed since basically release.

Pooya

There is another *clue* I think, Andy Mcnamara posted this on twitter about the cover a few days ago.

http://twitter.com/GI_AndyMc/statuses/62572624261296128

GI_AndyMc said:
Just wrote the cover headline next issue, here is one we did not use: "Wow! You Are A Battery!"

sounds like The Matrix to me ~

also, right now:
he got the message ;)
GI_AndyMc said:
http://twitter.com/GI_AndyMc/statuses/64026872278810624

also a png version of the logo, first one I posted is badly compressed, full of artifacts >_<
capturel9za.png

The series went from mediocre in the first installment to a pure joy in the second. Another Altair story, this time with the sequels' improvements to the formula? Sign me up.

LiK

DimmuBurgerKing said:
The series went from mediocre in the first installment to a pure joy in the second. Another Altair story, this time with the sequels' improvements to the formula? Sign me up.
You're talking my language brah!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm waiting for Game of the Year with all the maps and DLC on disc in the US for Brotherhood already, make it happen Ubi. >:|

Just like I'll wait for this one to be nearly dead and the online community gone (thereby screwing me from the platinum. >:|) to buy it.

LiK

TheSeks said:
I'm waiting for Game of the Year with all the maps and DLC on disc in the US for Brotherhood already, make it happen Ubi. >:|

Just like I'll wait for this one to be nearly dead and the online community gone (thereby screwing me from the platinum. >:|) to buy it.
Does Ubi do GOTY editions?

SamuraiX-

EatChildren said:
Guys this is Assassin's Creed. The most absurd and convoluted story in gaming of this generation, rivaled only by The King MGS4.

The one thing I appreciate about the Assassin's Creed series is that they seem to have had the story planned out from the very beginning, and I respect them for that because they don't give a fuck what anyone thinks. This is what they were gonna go with since the very first Assassin's Creed game.

The Koj, on the other hand, was pretty much making everything up as he went along. Not that this makes me love MGS any less.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
SamuraiX- said:
The one thing I appreciate about the Assassin's Creed series is that they seem to have had the story planned out from the very beginning, and I respect them for that because they don't give a fuck what anyone thinks. This is what they were gonna go with since the very first Assassin's Creed game.

Maybe, but having things planned out doesn't excuse the story revolving around text book deus ex machina.

Like how everyone laughed at the absurd nanomachines concept of MGS4. The Apples of Eden are basically Assassin's Creed's nanomachines. They do whatever the writers want them to do at any time without restriction or definition. It's a magical sphere of everythingness. It's the wizard that 'did it'.

I mean, I dont really care if people like it. People love stuff like Lost and Metal Gear. But damn, is it massively convoluted.

Oh hey look I'm shitting up this thread. Whoops.

Boney

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
They have error displays turned on that page. Meaning that if a PHP error occurs, information about the server is revealed + ugly error text displays on the page. On production servers, errors should be ignored or logged to files, not presented on the page to the end user.

In that case, a PHP notice occurred when I loaded the page.
uhhh...

man you know way too much, it'll mess up your brains

brucewaynegretzky said:
Maybe this is Altair's "Brotherhood" game.... I'm down for that. Imagine AC1 with AC:B game mechanics! Amazing!
Step 1. Grab a broom and pick a fight with the largest armored dude you can find.
Step 2. *Whistle*
Step 3. gluk-gluk-GAR-ching-SMASH-uuugh-splatter-CLANG-ooze-groan
Step 4. Wipe hands on cloak. Walk away like A FUCKING BADASS.

.la1n

Neuromancer said:
If so, I can pretty safely say I'm not interested.

Agreed. I need a new setting. I don't care if it's been improved a thousand times over brotherhood - I am tired of Altair and his story. Let's move on to a new character in a new time period.

jett

D-Member
brucewaynegretzky said:
Maybe this is Altair's "Brotherhood" game.... I'm down for that. Imagine AC1 with AC:B game mechanics! Amazing!

I'd rather not. No more reused assets plz.

brucewaynegretzky said:

I'm imagining it and it would be a Brotherhood with AC1's graphical assets. I want a different location and time period, don't you?

Genesis Knight said:
I'm imagining it and it would be a Brotherhood with AC1's graphical assets. I want a different location and time period, don't you?

Sure, but I do think they kind of dropped the ball on Altair in comparison to Ezio. The AC team is so big I kinda feel like they are already working on new assets for AC3, so in the meantime I'd love to play as Altair again with the vastly improved mechanics we have. AC2 also really improved the detail to the cities so I would kind of expect that too. Basic Idea: As long as AC3 comes next with a new environment then I have no problem with going back and improving on the weakest part of the series so far.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
LiK said:
Does Ubi do GOTY editions?

They did one for Ass Creed 2, which never came to the US *sigh*.

I'm still waiting for Ass Creed 2: Brotherhood to reach $30 levels like I did for Ass Creed 1 and 2. So far it hasn't reached that level, even in used sale prices at Gamestop. :/

jett

D-Member
Vinterbird said:
Isn't the main development split between two teams for AC games? (without counting the different outsourcing houses)

Since when? No. Nevermind that it seems like the entirety of Ubisoft works on the AssCreed games.

In any case Patrice Desilets took anyone who mattered with him.

SamuraiX-

EatChildren said:
Maybe, but having things planned out doesn't excuse the story revolving around text book deus ex machina.

Like how everyone laughed at the absurd nanomachines concept of MGS4. The Apples of Eden are basically Assassin's Creed's nanomachines. They do whatever the writers want them to do at any time without restriction or definition. It's a magical sphere of everythingness. It's the wizard that 'did it'.

I mean, I dont really care if people like it. People love stuff like Lost and Metal Gear. But damn, is it massively convoluted.

Oh hey look I'm shitting up this thread. Whoops.

I guess the reason I have no problem with the "magical spheres of everythingness" that are nanomachines and Pieces of Eden in each of the series, respectively, is because I just generally have such a passionate interest in both concepts. lol

I know the Pieces of Eden aren't realistic in the least, but I love how their how their fictitious nature play into the whole story arc of the Assassin's Creed series.

Nanomachines, on the other hand, I truly believe are the future. The kind of stuff you read and hear about these things is just incredible. Naturally, MGS4 exaggerated their potential quite a bit, but I'm just in love with the concept so much that I have no problem sucking it all in. :p

rataven

In one of the Codex pages from II, there was an allusion made to Altair possibly leaving Acre to combat Genghis Kahn's approaching army. I'd be thrilled if they found a way to deliver on that, Brotherhood style.

Top Bottom