• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

Dahbomb

holy-sht.gif

how is he dodging Credo's swipes?

I know trick down is only available in DT, so is it just a simple teleport?
Teleport dodges attacks, that's how it was in DMC3 as well.

It's just much better here because it's faster and can cancel freely out f a lot of moves.

First of all you probably should go back and look at that silhouette again. It does have those sharp point head things that you are talking about.

Secondly, it's already confirmed in the DMC 3142 artbook that Nero is in fact Vergil's son. It's written under Nero's bio.

The hints of Nero being Vergil's son were all over in DMC4 as well. Vergil popping up in Fortuna around the same time that Nero was supposed to have been born is no coincidence. Then of course Nero inexplicably has the blood of Sparda in him and his essence reacts perfectly to Yamato's sword transferring Vergil's powers into him.

You can wait for DMC5 all you want but it's all right there staring at us in the face. The reason why they haven't just outright confirmed it is because it's going to be a big reveal in DMC5 most probably where Nero and Vergil meet for an Empire's Strike Back "I am your father moment".

pretty much this, also I am open to Nero and Vergil meeting up but it feels like there is too much spotlight on them. Don't get me wrong, I would give anything to have said characters meet but Dante needs to comeback in a BIG way especially after the DmC debacle.

Teleport dodges attacks, that's how it was in DMC3 as well.

It's just much better here because it's faster and can cancel freely out f a lot of moves.

yeah I always used jump and trick down to dodge attacks back in 3SE. nice to know it is cancell-able and faster

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
There's no real question of Nero's origin anymore. Production notes have long hinted at the relationship, there are blatant clues throughout DMC4, and the opening to Vergil's campaign in DMC4SE is basically confirmation.

Besides some crazy shit being pulled from Capcom's ass, Nero is Vergil's son. Yamato responds to Nero in his time of need, his DT looks a lot like Vergil's, the whole "Power. GIVE ME MORE POWER!" line, and now Vergil is shown to be in Fortuna around the time Nero was born. And if not his son, he's still definitely related as Sanctus goes on about him having "Sparda's blood" and even Rebellion responds to him.

And holy shit at that Vergil gameplay!

Dahbomb

I think the only point of contention is if Nero was born biologically (through a human) or if he was created through science/magic using Vergil's DNA/cell/blood/semen etc.

Akiller

Famitsu interviewed Itsuno @ E3.

Google translate:

- "In the United States Devil May Cry of the popular "series Will what about?

ITsuno Hideaki Mr. (or less, ITsuno) is quite popular. " Devil May Cry "," Resident Evil "," Street Fighter 3 works "is, it is especially popular in the world.

- I'm receiving overseas is good.

ITsuno and I recently also appeared in the official live broadcast "Capcom Unity" of overseas of Capcom, but listening to the story Tou number of viewers is large, what I get a notice in its own way kana. After, I huge amount questions you flew on Twitter. Since such just can not answer questions, I can not answer easily, but .... But, we feel that can happily toward the fan.
However, although some people have me playing alongside always at the venue, because it is surrounded by de new people, and is said to do you stand out there until at E3 venue, but it is not so, the (wry smile).

- It is, but, what about people who play without interruption, you can feel the popularity of height.

ITsuno in this playable, is not a simple transplant yo, I think it is and it is be great if Tsutaware place called. Lady and Trish, in addition to additional characters, such as Virgil, so we come to play well as Super Dante and super Nero.

- It is Nashi stint.

Since it has been released already in ITsuno Japan, perhaps spoilers is thought that would begin from this week, the release of this work in which it was decided to put out another all (the United States, the same in 2015 with the launch of the PC version in Japan 6 month on the 24th).
At the same, " Devil May Cry "series," after the "4" Dee MC Devil May Cry How can released ", in between the people of the fan, that series at the end, which came out or" Nero, and now The " Dee MC and I was said "is followed by a go of?". But, by issuing this work, not the end the numbering of the series, I think that it is a was reported that. Overseas " Dee MC after the "" DmC: Definitive Edition "and then you have released, is the one that is both exist in parallel, that it is kana was able to appeal.

- Originally " DmC when "appears also, ending numbering of the series, I thing it is that it is not Osshara that.

ITsuno'm likely. Come to think of it, "If you do not buy this work, I would end numbering of the series is" the fact that, stood also rumors that ITsuno said. It was said that "I have been waiting for a sequel request" is, have imperceptibly changed remark content (wry smile).

- It'll different, and (laughs). However, " Devil May Cry 4 from 7 years since out "was passed, perhaps even have those who thought the anxiety it.

Speaking of ITsuno seven years, because elementary school is the years of long become a university student. Because we thought that might be some people who do not know a thing of the series, PlayStation 4 and the idea to release Xbox One Kana it was important at this timing.
After, recently I feel that has decreased the action game of the orthodox. As of this work, fun going overcome yourselves, action game to pursue the joy of mastering the way I think valuable kana. However, by increasing the available amount, such as Red Orb than at that time, it was in mild only a little (laughs). Game balance, so play at that time of the state If you put a hidden command, I think if you can choose whichever you like.

- Towards the action game fan, you want me to play by all means. Finally, do you have a message to the fan.

ITsuno uncommon in recent games, all items Toka or available in-game, really unusual, so we Toka or have put these days to hide command (laughs). Since it or contains various also Toka message, I think if you can put a good score Good luck.

I've heard about the ● By the way E3 impression of exhibitors title

- Become a look at this E3, How is it?

ITsuno and that was said in that receives several interviews, was that "I'm sequel is often", "I'm remake is often". In addition, Na war mono FPS and TPS has decreased considerably, I think my friend. Fantasy and hero thing, those SF, moreover Toka will play with a unique equipment in COOP, it is impressive that those things has increased.

anyone have update on the japanese version? is it identical to the asia version? i've read streamers said there is an english option.

thanks.

SheHateMe

Play-Asia surprised the hell out of me.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Is0rJcR.jpg[/IMG]

Just received 10 minutes ago.

That's fast as shit for a package that was in Hong Kong as of yesterday morning.

Now I'm trying to decide if I'm motivated enough to call out to play...

nemisis0

Play-Asia surprised the hell out of me.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Is0rJcR.jpg[/IMG]

Just received 10 minutes ago.

That's fast as shit for a package that was in Hong Kong as of yesterday morning.

Now I'm trying to decide if I'm motivated enough to call out to play...

I am guessing you used the most expensive shipping method had?

Dahbomb

Sorry, haven't been able to comb through the thread much, do we know how costumes and colors unlock yet?
Need to do do something special to unlock the color costumes but we don't know what it is yet. Regular costumes are unlocked by just beating the game IIRC. The Lady/Trish costumes are pre-order costumes only.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
anyone have update on the japanese version? is it identical to the asia version? i've read streamers said there is an english option.

thanks.

PlayAsia has posted on their Facebook that the Japanese version is identical to the Asian version save for some Japanese on the boxart. They did some testing with copies when they arrived.

Thanks, I wish at least one of the Dante/Nero costumes were available to start so I don't have to run through the game agaaaain with nothing new...

Dahbomb

Thanks, I wish at least one of the Dante/Nero costumes were available to start so I don't have to run through the game agaaaain with nothing new...
There's always the PAY FOR MODES/COSTUMES microtransaction!

I think most people are just going to be playing with the new characters from the start anyway. That's what I am going to be doing anyway.

Oh yeah, I'm definitely jumping straight into two girls one vergil before anything

also, I've found I don't have the motivation to start any of the games I bought in this years steam sale just because none of them compare to DMC4:SE, this wait is killing me

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm getting this on the PC, but I only have an Xbox 360 wireless controller. Will that be compatible with the game, or should I order an Xbox One controller?

Do you have the bluetooth connector? If yes, then you're fine. If not, then you need to get one or wire your controller.

Dahbomb

Every video I have seen of Vergil makes him looks so ridiculously fun to play.

It truly feels like FINAL FORM DARK VERGIL!

Kouichi

Awesome OT! I can't wait to get my hands on this.

4dGZMPd.png

And I'll be taking this avatar if nobody else has~ I love the red alt from Marvel.

Edit: On second thought, I decided to go back to my OG avy. Anyone is free to take this if they see this post.

jacobeid

Banned
I'm really jealous of all of you.

I'm waiting to see how performance is on PC before deciding whether to go the PS4 or PC route.

Astarte

Awesome OT! I can't wait to get my hands on this.

4dGZMPd.png

And I'll be taking this avatar if nobody else has~ I love the red alt from Marvel.

I remember when I first got DMC3SE that I thought that you fight Dante as Vergil. I was terribly wrong, but Vante was hilarious.

Baalzebup

Jebus at those Vergil clips. It's barely out and people are using him at a level I doubt I will ever reach. Looks sexy as hell though. I eagerly wait the moment I get a crack at this baby.

Oh shit, the Red Orbs DLC Bonus and the Gloria/DMC3 Lady costumes can be used on a US account. You can download them on the Asian account, but I logged in to my US account just out of curiosity, and I got the message in game saying I can use the costumes.

Pretty neat coming off of how region specific DLC was handled on PS3.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Oh shit, the Red Orbs DLC Bonus and the Gloria/DMC3 Lady costumes can be used on a US account. You can download them on the Asian account, but I logged in to my US account just out of curiosity, and I got the message in game saying I can use the costumes.

Pretty neat coming off of how region specific DLC was handled on PS3.

That's what I assumed, but it's good to get confirmation. The content should essentially be the same, it just locks your ability to download it from the store.

gunbo13

Vergil does look awfully forgiving. A good thing for accessibility but usually also insinuates lack of depth. He at least plays like the best character type, pure rush-down.

Dahbomb

Vergil is basically DMC3 Vergil but superior in every way (well except having the Nelo Angelo alt). DMC3 Vergil had enough depth to get him play for years. Of course he was no DMC3 Dante and DMC4 Vergil won't touch DMC4 Dante... but Vergil will bring the heat from expert players.

Thing about Vergil is that it's easier to look cool, move around, dodge and string together moves than it is for the other characters. Like you basically just start going ham on the controller and just press Teleport during move recoveries to make yourself safe and go into the next move.

Most of the depth from Vergil by top players is going to come from the following stuff:

*Positioning of Round Trip (no one is doing it yet)
*Timing the Summoned Swords to finish when you prompt them to (new feature for Vergil in DMC4)
*Balancing enemy step and teleport cancels for attacks/combos (right now players are going maximum ham with teleports but top end Vergil will use both)
*Perfect slices of Judgment Cut (most people still aren't there yet but this is what will push players to the next level because the Perfect Slice fills in many gaps for Vergil's arsenal)
*Use of sheathing to explode the embedded swords (mostly for swag finishers)

And of course all the previously found tech for DMC4 like inertia, reverse attacks and possibly distortion/full steam. I am still holding on to the notion that Vergil might actually have Distortion (and by extension can do some of the cheap stuff that Dante can also do).

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Vergil does look awfully forgiving. A good thing for accessibility but usually also insinuates lack of depth. He at least plays like the best character type, pure rush-down.

I don't know if it insinuates a lack of depth necessarily. Poor precision, middling options, and low freedom of movement would indicate a lack of depth. The character just seems brokenly powerful, which is separate and distinct from having combat depth.

BadWolf

I doubt there will be an issue with depth for him.

And also don't see a problem with having a character that is satisfying for both beginner and advanced players, he's basically the middle ground between Nero's accessibility and Dante's complexity.

Dude is just flashy as heck.

Dahbomb

Vergil being the middle ground between Nero and Dante is exactly where the majority of characters in a DMC game should be.

Like sure, you can have a character like Dante that is just ridiculously hard to master but that should not be the norm for the series.

Movement and cancelability should come easy to the players. You shouldn't have to do multiple style switches to do that sort of stuff. That is one area where Bayonetta does well at (actually that's the main thing it has going for it).

lupinko

For anyone with the Japanese game, does it still have Drink it Down from L'Arc En Ciel like the original console Japanese release of DMC4 or is it the regular DMC music? It's not a deal breaker, but I liked Drink it Down a lot in DMC4. I'm going to guess no because all the advertising and promos here in Japan don't use it. I guess it would be a combination of the song being too old now and/or Capcom is too poor to afford L'Arc En Ciel again.

Dahbomb

The content in DMC4 was already a joke for the characters in DMC4. With Vergil it's even moreso.

What a day it would be if there was a DMC game where the enemies/bosses could keep up with the characters... well I guess DMC1 was that game.

gunbo13

The thing is that Vergil doesn't have that much depth in DMC3SE. Neither did Dante for that manner, though he is still quite better overall due to the style system. The systems become limited quickly. So saying he retains DMC3 swag isn't saying much.

I'll stay cautiously optimistic until I get my hands on using him. Just right now, all of his stuff is diagnosable on visual. However, it is very likely that his OP abilities are shadowing range of depth. When players don't hit walls early, they tend to go b&b with characters. Got to get past that Sentinel MvC3 layer.

Dahbomb

If your barometer for "depth" is DMC4 Dante then Vergil isn't going to have depth. Especially if you consider Vergil and Dante in DMC3 to not have that much depth to begin with.

I think overall Vergil will reside somewhere between Nero and Dante in terms of depth. Most of Nero's depth came from mastering the EX system and that's a fairly straightforward system. You either have the timing or not. It's like learning 1 frame links in SF4, it adds complexity rather than depth. It's an execution barrier you have to get over to get good with the character. Vergil having more melee weapon/moves options, better cancel options and a better firearm system will have more longevity than Nero.

For anyone with the Japanese game, does it still have Drink it Down from L'Arc En Ciel like the original console Japanese release of DMC4 or is it the regular DMC music? It's not a deal breaker, but I liked Drink it Down a lot in DMC4. I'm going to guess no because all the advertising and promos here in Japan don't use it. I guess it would be a combination of the song being too old now and/or Capcom is too poor to afford L'Arc En Ciel again.

I can confirm the Asian version has it, so no way the Japanese version doesn't.

Top Bottom