• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toilets in games

Not really a toilet specifically, but I did think it was a nice touch that most of the fort areas in Skyrim have restrooms.

daTRUballin

What about Loggo???

latest

Check post #33 :p

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Pretty much obligatory for horror games to have multiple toilets.

Animal Crossing games have a couple kinds ya can put in your house. iirc sitting on them then getting off activated a flushing sound.

Theme Park lets ya put up port 'o pottys for your guests who're filling ill fresh from getting off an overclocked ride >.>

Isotropy

Also in Grunty Industries, whenever you entered the employee area there was a small chance that a light would be shining from under the locked toilet door.

If you approached it you'd hear an employee having horrible indigestion, followed by the most graphic sequence of poop sound effects until Conked was released the next year!

"Splashback!"

Toxi

Banned
Metroid Other M of all games actually remembered to include restrooms... Without toilets in the stalls.

Also, Samus can only enter the women's restroom because apparently even after everyone else has been violently murdered she still gotta follow social decorum.

Jmille99

Pretty much everything in Life is Strange is built off a scene in a bathroom.

Plus the dormitory bathrooms, Chloe's bathroom, etc.

CJCW

Paging Kyle Bosman. The bathroom in Nate's house in Uncharted 4, just like the entire house really, is packed with details.

ar4757

SMT/Persona has the demon Belphegor

38598660-poo-persona4.jpg

Persona-5-Battle-3.jpg

Man I can't wait for hd toilet demons

Also Yakuza 0 has toilets

28444410642_aef518b881_z.jpg

He's sitting on one calling a woman

QneSWI.gif

Darkangel

If I remember correctly the Raccoon City Police Department in Resident Evil 2 doesn't contain a single bathroom...

daTRUballin

Well hey, when you think about it, it makes sense that toilets are so significant in video games. The video game character that started it all is a plumber! Think about it. We've come full circle!

ehead

Since Dennis is nowhere, I'll be posting this:
dxhr20err6m.jpg

Jensen didn't really use it though, same in MD. Still one of the best looking toilets.

Edit: Crap, someone got it on the action before me.

Seiryoden

The toilet in Wei Shen's apartment in Sleeping Dogs was the first that came to mind. I think you could actually use it? Also: Deus Ex has top tier vent-filled lavatories.

Edit:
You could pee in sleeping dogs, that's the first thing that comes to mind for me.
o_O

The strangest one I can remember has to be in that beloved fan favourite, Metroid: Other M.

bathroom-entrance.jpeg

They don't serve any function other than filling out the setting, but when you approach them, the game switches to an over-the-shoulder viewpoint at a plodding walking speed for no discernible reason. They're just there. I'm not even one of those people with a chip on my shoulder about Other M, but something about the way the game draws special attention to entirely superfluous toilets perfectly encapsulates the overall experience.

Top Bottom